Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

*~Hunger Games Arena~* (Map) by *~WolfSoul~*

Artist *~WolfSoul~* [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

*~Hunger Games Arena~* (Map)

Postby *~WolfSoul~* » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:34 am

Yes, I know, it's really bad, but this was my first ever time using Oekaki and all I wasn't was a basic map for the people in my RP to reference. Don't judge too harshly. :)

If you are from my Hunger Games RP...

Key

Yellow dot in middle = I hope it's pretty obvious it's an island. THe smaller dot off to the right is just a much smaller island, like for one person to hang for a few hours. Some tributes may take rest and shelter here, but you better hope nobody knows you're there, or they can just wait on the shore for you to come back...
Blue = water. Saltwater surrounds the island, the smaller darker blue at the top is a small(ish) lake. The lake is one of the only reliable sources of water. Oh, and watch out, the dark waters of the ocean conceal worse things than Jaws.
Yellow ring = The beach. Caught between the saltwater and the rainforest. There is no shelter here. You can be spotted easily, but you can also watch for any tributes crossing into new territory.
Dark green = Rainforest. It surrounds the entire length of the beach. It is impossible to see what is on the other side. Here you're bound to find some mutations, and some big, very inconvenient surprises.
Light green = Regular forest with elms, conifers, oaks, etc. Lots of bushes, flowers, weeds, all that jazz. This is a favorite spot for most tributes - be ready to fight. This is where man capitol-made mutations like to stay.
Yellow with darker dots (to the right of forest) = Desert. Hot, dry, bright. Practically no water or food for miles. The life here is few, far between, and usually the ones you see are harmless desert deer. But tread lighty - The dangerous ones are under your feet.
Maroon = Mountains and cliffs. A dangerous place to be. You better have good footing to hang around here, and food and water can be hard to find. There are only a few dangerous animals, but you had better hope you don't run into them - they're big.
Yellow with darker stripes = Plains. Tall yellow and green grasses, perfectly flat for miles. THe occassional tree or bush. You're easily spotted if you stand upright here. Act like a snake and stick close to the ground. Other tributes aren't the only things looking for you here.
Brown = Swamp. Muddy, wet, not pleasant. Watch out for what might be hiding in the murky water. And be careful - some of those vines could be snakes. See those bubbles in the water? That's a croc. This place looks only dirty, but it's a death trap.

May the odds be ever in your favor.
.Call me Wolf.
*~WolfSoul~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: *~Hunger Games Arena~* (Map)

Postby Walkin on thin Ice… » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:10 am

This helps with the rp, I can understand it well too. But if you think it's bad, would you like me to make one too?
ImageThanks InkeyuImage
Walkin on thin Ice…

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *~WolfSoul~* » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:16 am

(Oh, it's alright. It doesn't have to be pretty, just understandable. If you want to makea cool version though, go ahead and then post the link up on the RP)
.Call me Wolf.
*~WolfSoul~*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Walkin on thin Ice… » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:17 am

(Ok, I'll try my best, :D )