Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Eye by Lucy.

Artist Lucy. [gallery]
Time spent 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Eye

Postby Lucy. » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:27 am

I just wanted to practice using oekaki and different techniques, and i have sortof been into drawing eyes lately so....
I used this reference very little...but it did help.

Please post comments and critiques, because i am looking to make my art work better! :D :D :D
"I need you. We all need you. None of us would have survived this place if it weren't for you"
Lucy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Eye

Postby Dumezil » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:38 am

Hi! You did a very nice job. I just wanted to point out that I find it easier when I observe every single little detail on my reference. If you look closely you notice the pupil has slightly blurred edges. You can do that using smoothing/smudging tool. Also, the outline of the iris is also darker or even black. You can do that using watercolor or spray. As for the eyelashes, I wouldn't do individually defined ones. Notice how the picture's eyelashes are feathery? Draw one this line across the top of the eye and smear it upwards or make lots and lots of individual lines and try to make them a little less defined. When you look at the shape of the eye, you notice it isn't a perfect egg shape. The part closest to the nose is slightly down further than the other side and there is a dip in it. Hope it helps!
Do you have pen pressure?
Dumezil

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Eye

Postby Lucy. » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:42 am

Wow! that really helps. That's exactly the critique i was hoping for. No, i use mouse pad since my tablet broke....hoping to get a new tablet for christmas though
"I need you. We all need you. None of us would have survived this place if it weren't for you"
Lucy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me