Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

New Species by jules_

Artist jules_ [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by jules_

by caats

by jules_

New Species

Postby jules_ » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:52 am

Yes, they look pretty normal, but they have some special powers and such.

No, there is not armor.

Each fox has and element out of air, water, fire, darkness, ice, poison, light, and earth.

Still pretty generic right?

They all have a small scar-like rut running down their backs, when they feel extreme emotion or fight, their element comes out.

A fire fox would have fire burning out of it's "scar" , and water one would have water bubbling out of it. It is unknown why, but their element can't seem to hurt them. Water elementals can't drown, fire ones don't get burned.

However, they are weak to the opposite element. A fire fox could probably beat a strong ice fox, same goes with darkness and light, water and fire, and so on.

When a pup becomes and apprentice, they get one ear piercing. When they become a warrior they get their second. Leaders have a third piercing. The earrings are silver, gold, bronze, or black.

Th first thing an apprentice does is get a necklace blessed by the healer. They then go on a three day journey out on their own. On the third day, a spirit will visit them. The spirit is a deceased fox, who came from the spirit realm. They could have died hundreds of years ago, or recently. The spirits will never be mothers, fathers, or siblings. The spirit sends half of its essence into the apprentices necklace. They then can communicate. The spirit can conduct training in dreams, or as a ghost-like projection of themselves. The projection is solid though, yet see through. They help the apprentices mentors, along with the mentors spirit. When a fox dies, the necklace loses it's power. The spirit is often of the same element. Healer's spirits are often deceased healers.

There are four packs, with a mix of elements. They often dispute over prey and borders.

Please tell me if this is a good idea or not.
Last edited by jules_ on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
jules_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New Species

Postby caats » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:29 pm

Sounds really cool! I have a suggestions, well, more then one.
* These are just suggestions! I don't want you to use all of them. I just think these could make them cooler*
- -No pupils. Well yes pupils, but what ever there element is, there pupil looks like a drop of that element. I.e. A water element one would have a drop of water as their pupil
- - the scar also wraps around each leg in a thin ring

- - if they have claws, their claws match their element. But these are like the scar, only when they're mad and stuff. Water wolf would have water claws. Fire wolf, fire claws. poison wolf, poison claws.
back after a loooong hiatus : )
but mostly only back to roleplay
roses are red
violets are blue
i like 5sos
more then i like you

i just really, really love bands, ok
caats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby y i n » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:32 pm

freaky good idea if like you do this can i be one of them too?? lol jk
y i n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jules_ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:31 am

ladybug53~ Great ideas! I think I will use the wrap around the leg thing.

horse lover 114~ I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them at the moment.

Bleh, I need to draw a new lineart. I wanted them to look more.....playful. More fox-like, if you know what I mean.

For coat colors, I'm thinking almost all natural. Like blacks, grays, browns, reddish browns, tans, etc. Eyes could be unnatural colors, so could just a tad of their markings.
jules_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caats » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:01 am

Great! I can't wait to see them!
roses are red
violets are blue
i like 5sos
more then i like you

caats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Black Rhino » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:10 am

Elements are overused and so are wolves.Though the scar idea is original,I must say.

LIGHTS OFF
Black Rhino

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jules_ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:18 am

Black Rhino wrote:
Elements are overused and so are wolves.Though the scar idea is original,I must say.

Well, as much as I would love to do cats, I can't draw them. Unless I want my species to be a blob, I'm doing a canine-like creature with pointy ears. I might change it to fox though, since I see this species in my head as more playful and small. With long fluffy tails <3.

What do you guys think about foxes?
jules_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby caats » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:23 am

Ohhhh, foxes <3. They'd make cool foxes, maybe based off of maned foxes? Maned foxes are cool. And i'm seeing an increase in them here on CS. they'd be very popular.
roses are red
violets are blue
i like 5sos
more then i like you

caats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jules_ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:25 am

Maned foxes? Never heard of them. I've heard of Maned Wolves before. As mush as I would love to give them and adorable fluffy mane <3, that won't quite work. It might block out the scar </3.

[I love fluffy things ^^]

Edit: Maybe I could make them what hides the scar, like the scar runs down the middle of the mane......
jules_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jules_ » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:10 am

What do you think of the new lineart? I was thinking, they will keep the scar hidden in their mane. As for the legs, instead of doing scars the element comes out in a different way. When feeling strong emotion or fighting, there elements come out from their paw pads. Fire would scorch the ground, but not set anything on fire, it would swirl up around their legs. Wherever a water stepped, a puddle formed. The ground would freeze over where an ice stepped, plants would grow for earth, plants would die for poison, the dappled sunlight would appear for light, and dark the paw prints would be black and swirling around.

Also, to take this a step further, what about having them be able to transform into a humaniod/neko kind of thing?
Last edited by jules_ on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
jules_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me