Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

The Yiki'tar Warriors by The Last Raven

Based on Click to view
Artist The Last Raven [gallery]
Time spent 58 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

The Yiki'tar Warriors

Postby The Last Raven » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:45 am

contest: [url]
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=845292[/url]
The Yiki’tar Warriors:

Breed Info:
Yiki’tar are feline-like animals with large ears and long tails (the ends are fluffier than the beginning of the tail) that live in the land of Aragus. They have tufts of fur on their ears and the backs of their legs. They are small creatures, only about the height of a medium-sized dog (aprox 2ft 7 in). The females are slightly smaller and have bigger ears, while the males are taller (closer to 3ft) and smaller ears (though the ears are still longer than a normal felines or canines). Their claws do not retract fully. Yiki’tar are extremely good hunters, gatherers, and fishers. They can swim easily and actually enjoy it in the summer. Yiki’tar are also fierce fighters and their borders always under the pressure of a possible attack from their only enemies: the Bonakasine (savage, canine-like beasts). Battle happens often so the Yiki’tar have to be constantly ready to go out to fight. The pelts of the Yiki’tar are various colors and designs. The fur around their eyes is often a lighter colors than the rest of their pelt and their eyes are every possible color except black and white. Sometimes a Yiki’tar is born with a couple more exotic colored markings (light blue, red, purple, green), but not very often.They can live up to 50 years.
COLORS:
Black, brown, white, grey, ginger, tan, brindle, calico, torti, red-brown, silver, golden
DESIGNS:
Leopard, stripes, spots, splotches, paw markings, dorsal stripe, points (sorta like Siamese but that is extremely rare)

The Land:
example pic 1
Aragus is a land of plenty. It has mountains, rivers, a lake, forests, and beautiful meadows. The teal grass is tall and flowing. The rivers and lake are deep blue. The mountains are blue and purple from a distance, while the forests are dark green and brown. Lake Tarun is a massive body of water and is the only lake in Aragus. The Tinon River is the main river that flows to the lake, but it also has other creeks that branch off from it. The mixture of colors and terrain is what makes this land beautiful. It is lush and abounding with food for the Yiki’tar. It a wonderful place to live in all seasons, something that can’t be said for Garan.
Garan is a vast wilderness, a complete wasteland where only dreadful things survive. The land is repulsive and wicked. There is barely any flora and fauna here. A few, mangled trees are scattered around the plains of Garan. Water is extremely scarce and is often fought over by desperate beasts. Only the strongest and wickedest can survive here. The rock is red and rough and the grass is course and brittle. Dust coats everything in this colorless home of the Bonakasine. It is no wonder that those crazed monsters fight so hard for entrance into Aragus.

The Ranks:
The Yiki’tar “clan” is divided into simple ranks. The ranking of the Yiki’tar usually depends on power, age, and ancestry. Those that are born in higher families (like the offspring of the Generals’ kits) are often offered better positions. But this is not always the case.
Generals (head of all Yiki’tar. 1 male, 1 female [they are always mates])
Healer (only 1 healer at a time. Male or Female. Can have a mate but no Kits)
Captains (second in command. There are always 4 and the ratio of male vs. female is not fixed. It can be a majority of males/females, split, or all one gender)
Soldiers (males and females that have finished training. They make up the majority of the Yiki’tar “clan”/army)
Messengers (both males and females that have finished training and have been chosen for their speed. There are only eight of them at a time.)
Trainees (both males and females that have completed kit hood [age: 1yr-10yr])
Kits (both males and females that are under a year old)

The Life Pulse:
On every Yiki’tar that is born, there is a glowing marking on their back right leg. The symbol (two partial circles with a pay print in the middle) is their life source. As long as it glows, they live. The glow of the marking reacts to the ranking, energy, and health of the Yiki’tar. When a Yiki’tar changes ranking, the color of the glow changes as well. Electric Blue is for the Generals, White for the Healer, Lime Green for the Captains, Yellow for the soldiers, Red for the Messengers, Deep Purple for the Trainees, and Dark Magenta for the Kits. When a Yiki’tar is battling, their Life Pulse throbs brighter as it matches their power within. If a Yiki’tar is wounded, their Life Pulse dims slightly according to the severity of the wound. The deeper and the more the wounds the Yiki’tar has, the dimmer the light grows. If the Yiki’tar is severely wounded the outer half-ring with stop glowing and never light up again. If this happens to more times (or the Yiki’tar gets extremely sick) the inner ring and paw print will flicker out and the Yiki’tar will die. A Yiki’tar can be killed outright by a Bonakasine, though, and the Life Pulse can do nothing to save it. The Healer’s main job is to keep the injuries that the Yiki’tat sustains from becoming bad enough that the Warrior looses a glow.

The Armor:
Every Yiki’tar (except for Kits and the Healer) is given custom armor that they will wear for the rest of their lives. Each suit of armor includes: a helmet, a breastplate, paw guards, shoulder guards, back armor, and tail armor. Generally the suits of armor have spines and dragon-like scales or mail. They also have a jewel or two depending on the ranking. The armor can be any color except black which is reserved for the Generals (they can be dark grey though). Each piece of armor is differently styled from Yiki’tar to Yiki’tar. Besides the actual armor each Yiki’tar has a silk banner attached to the armor according to his or her rank. Generals have 8 silk banners, Captains have 6, Soldiers have 4, Messengers have 2, Trainees have 1, and Kits have 0 (they have no armor). The Healer’s body is wrapped in a large silk piece (normally around the neck and back). The silk banners can be any color, but usually accent the armor. Yiki’tar don’t wear their armor when hunting, gathering, or fishing. They do sleep in it though, just in case.

The Bonakasine:
Bonakasine
The dreaded Bonakasine. The moral enemy of the Yiki’tar. These wicked creatures are the reason the Yiki’tar wear their armor and live every day with the agonizing wait for another bloody attack. The Bonakasine are canine-like beasts with a tail like a lions and four sets of horns. The Bonakasine are the size of small pony (aprox 5ft). Their ears are short and their eyes small, but that doesn’t stop them from being cold-blooded killers. They live in the unforgiving wilderness known as Garan. Garan is a place where hardly anything survives. It is a wasteland and the main reason the Bonakasine attack the Yiki’tar. They are hungry. Because of the lack of plentiful food, they are exceptionally thin and have matted fur that sticks out at random angles, also the first four vertebra of their tails show. The saliva of these monsters has so many germs that if a bite goes unattended after a few hours, it will get extremely infected and is almost impossible to recover from. It takes around three Yiki’tar to take one down, depending on the expiriance of the Yiki’tar. Bonakasine are normally black or grey with a few silver stripes and purple eyes. Sometimes, though, a Bonakasine is born albino. They can only live for an average of 10 years.

Other Animals of Aragus:
Example pic 1These are some of the more exotic animals that live in Aragus, home of the Yiki'tar. They are not a main part of the Yiki'tar world, but they brighten it ever so slightly.
The Fyrco is Aragus's version of a lightning bug. It is only 1 inch tall and 1 inch long and glows at night.
The Ukĩp is the bird of paradise of Aragus. It is 3 inches tall. The females do not have the long feathers that string out from the crown feathers.
The Velox is a small water mammal that is kind of like an otter or ermine. It is only 5 inches tall.

Yiki'tars and Bonakasines belong to me. DO NOT STEAL!!!
All ideas belong to me. Especially the armor and Life Pulse. >:P
Last edited by The Last Raven on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:15 am, edited 10 times in total.
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────
hi! i’m a long time player
who loves to hoard chameleons
and anything else that tickles my fancy.
i am a huge nerd and love to cosplay!

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Yiki'tar Warriors

Postby Sootlet » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:47 am

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sootlet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:58 am

:) Thanks. I'm writing the info now so stay tuned!
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sootlet » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:59 am

OK!! ^-^
Sootlet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby young blood. » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:00 am

Awesome! :) I want one already! Can't wait to find out more about the species!

╔═════════════╗

i'm sorry.
i no longer have much
time to be on this site
anymore. i'm not quitting
but i can't come on as
often as i used to.

╚═════════════╝
young blood.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:42 am

:) Thanks!
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──
███░█████████████ █
The Last Raven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby young blood. » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:51 am

:) Can't wait to see!

╔═════════════╗

i'm sorry.
i no longer have much
time to be on this site
anymore. i'm not quitting
but i can't come on as
often as i used to.

╚═════════════╝
young blood.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sootlet » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:51 am

SAME!!!
Sootlet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Last Raven » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:25 pm

More Info Added!
──-────────────────────
raven|she|adult
────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░█████████████████ █
──-────────────────────

────────────────────-──
███░█████████████████ █
███░█████████████ █
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
coding credit pascal
collection dream

ImageImageImage
───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────-──