Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Stuff On My New Species by Celozon

Artist Celozon [gallery]
Time spent 24 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Stuff On My New Species

Postby Celozon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:37 am

My new species I created felt emply somehow, so I tried coming up with stuff that could go on it. Let me know which you think would be good on it.

Green: Wings, I like the bat wings better since I'm not too good at bird wings but either are possible.

Blue: Face markings, or rather, eye markings. Just a simple marking that would go under the eye, or possibly somewhere else. I drew a couple there but I'm sure I could come up with more.

Red: Spikes that go on the front and back legs. I don't know where it came from but I thought that woul dbe cool to have a set of spikes right there.

Purple: Tail ideas mostly. When I first made the species I thought I'd just leave a blank tail, but I really like my first tail idea there, the middle one, just seems cool to me.

Yellow: Back spikes thathave a wave pattern, they start small, get bigger, then get small again. I was going to draw some ideas for them but I ran out of room. Maybe I'll draw it later. XP

So as you can see, the opposite of my Fluffys. No cute and fluffyness here (kinda). So I drew a chibi-Fluffy version of it on the side just to destroy my point. Yes those are bat ears on it, in case anyone noticed, I've always liked them. Sooo..maybe if I'm in the mood later and I get enough responses I'll post how many people liked each idea above.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stuff On My New Species

Postby baylili00 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:06 am

awesome but till think fangs
baylili00

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:10 am

Yeah I could see about adding fangs...
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tundra » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:25 am

I think that maybe do this since all those ideas look cool and would work for the race.

Wings: Wings could be gender based, or maybe able to be retracted into the body.
Shoulder spikes: would be best on males, you could always make them different lengths depending on gender.
Back spikes: Length changes with age.
Marking on Face: A tribal thing, maybe like a My Little Pony cutey mark and the marking show when the Creature finds something he/she fits into. Or make it show rank.
Different tails: personally I think that these cog the race up to much. It doesn't fit the race. If ya want a good tail for this race, do something similar to cynders tail or a blade like tail.

As for things you could also do:
Add more spikes to the face that vary with age
I also agree with adding fangs, maybe saber like for males, shorter for females.

Anyway, hope my suggestions help.
ImageImageImageImageImage
To re-size your pet groups to show more pets on a single, add this &pageSize=(# per page here) to the end of your groups URL
Tundra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:51 am

Thanks ^.^ Those are good ideas, yeah I liek the one tail but it might be better overall to do something smaller like Cynder's tail or nothing at all on it. I'll see about fitting those thing in, maybe I'll do something for this species like an RP or growables. :3
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me