Solarheart

O.C.E. Name-

Minou

Gender-

Male

Fish Type-

Stingray

Personality-

Minou is generally a kind cat, but when he is angered he is known to hold grudges. He covers up his unease with sharp words or anger, however he is not a feisty type.

History/Short Story-

Betrayal.

That's the first thing that courses through my mind as I'm being propelled into the backseat of the van. That, and fear because chances are I won't be living for too much longer. I step up near the edge of the wire and try to look as cute as I can – batting my paws, purring, licking my ears – but the driver completely blows me off as if I'm a speck of dust.

But of course, to him, I probably am.

As the car stumbles along the road, I try to recall the events that have happened to me. Being abandoned as a kitten... never having a family... having the people I thought would adopt me ship me off in this terrible automobile... I sigh and wrap my gray tabby tail around my paws, not at all contempt with how my life is turning out. I had nothing. I am nothing. I don't even have a real name, for crying out loud! Kitty, Cat, Moggie, Tom, Tabby, Kitten, and Stray are just a small assortment of what I'm called every day. Only when the little French girl spoke to me did I feel someone cared about me. Minou. That's what she called me... I don't mind it. It's certainly better then Hey-You-Stupid-Cat-Get-Off-My-Lawn.

And maybe she would've adopted me if she hadn't chosen that stupid puppy instead. So much for love. Traitor.

The car bumps against a pothole in the path and I'm jolted out of my daydreams. My crate flips over and the water from my dish splatters all over me. Wonderful, I think sourly. Shaking my pelt free of the icy drops, I force myself to look out the crate and see what lies beyond it. The car has come to a complete stop now, and the man is staggering over to my crate. He mutters something in his language and then hauls up my crate and lugs it into some creepy building.

You can just set me down now, I think with fury even though the man can't understand me. I'm sure you have better things to do with your life then drag around useless stray cats like me. There's a creaking noise as the man unlocks my cage.

About time.

I look around the pearl white room. Something isn't right, I can feel it in my bones. There is a polished metal floor, and I can see my reflection crystal-clear. Bring neon eyes, gray tabby fur, even my odd lime-green marking. Little do I know that this'll be the last time I see myself like that. The man walks toward me, some odd tools in his possession. He lifts a syringe and directs it toward me. A yelp of pain is snagged in my throat as the drug is injected to my skin.

Then my world goes black.

Anything I forgot?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
𝕊 𝕆 𝕃 𝔸
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Artist and writer.
Former Oekaki mod.
Still drawing cats.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Solarizing

My pets