Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

These Two Creatures Are Nice! I Swear It! by Ulysses

Artist Ulysses [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 53 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

These Two Creatures Are Nice! I Swear It!

Postby Ulysses » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:30 pm

I wish by no means to offend anybody! I'm simply fascinated by the concept of angels and demons. This is more of a Christian depiction of the two, but it is not specifically centered upon the Christian religion. I am a Secularist (I do not adhere to any religious followings or beliefs, although I accept the possibility of the existence of all religions). Anyways, getting off the topic of religion as it makes me sweat profusely o3o... these two dopes are Alm and Kurz. Alm is the angel and Kurz is the demon. Their names are stupid little puns that make me chortle. I will admit that I worked a lot harder on Kurz... I seem to be slightly more attached to him. Alm is a self-righteous and slightly prudish angel with a superiority complex. Kurz also has a superiority complex, but he is not so good at his job. He does enjoy being evil, but he is quite pathetic at it and more often ends up messing his job of devilishness up than succeeding. Alm, in stark contrast, will always get his job done. These two have been friends for ages despite coming from different branches of order, Kurz meaning to be the punisher while Alm is the guiding hand. They bicker constantly. Their appearances do not mean to suggest anything; the blonde or the black hair is irrelevant to me and does not mean anything. I just think Kurz's do fits him and Alms blonde mop fits him. The gray skin is also completely coincidental; Kurz is not a Homestuck troll! This is just how I see Demons as looking! Alm's blue skin is a testimony to what I believe it would look like in Heaven. He needs to be blue to blend in with the enviornment. His searchlight eyes are for finding the good little people and flyin' 'em up. Kurz is also very mischievous, hence the stupid expression that was a fail at mischievousness. The timer is a LIE! Don't believe that thing! Fail shading and blending is fail shading and blending. Digital art ain't how I usually swing. But peeps only look at the Oekaki when they wanna see art, and thus I must conform. Tips on blending would be nice! C:

Edit: Gave Alm a halo. Don't know how I could have possibly forgotten this. I'ma smack myself a good one u3u
I keep six honest serving-men
(They taught me all I knew);
Their names are What and Were and When
And How and Why and Who.
I send them over land and sea,
I send them east and west;
And after they have worked for me,
I give them all a rest.

I let them rest from nine till five,
For I am busy then,
As well as breakfast, lunch, and tea,
For they are hungry men.

But different folk have different views;
I know a person small~
She keeps ten million serving-men,
Who get no rest at all!
She sends 'em abroad on her own affairs,
From the second she opens her eyes
One million Hows, two million Wheres,
And seven million Whys!
-Rudyard Kipling
Ulysses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: These Two Creatures Are Nice! I Swear It!

Postby Ulysses » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:50 am

Bumpity-domp! Bumpefelicities! Bump-sandwich! Might be interesting to draw that too... I need to get the wacko outta my brain and focus on ma geetar...
I keep six honest serving-men
(They taught me all I knew);
Their names are What and Were and When
And How and Why and Who.
I send them over land and sea,
I send them east and west;
And after they have worked for me,
I give them all a rest.

I let them rest from nine till five,
For I am busy then,
As well as breakfast, lunch, and tea,
For they are hungry men.