Adopted [PG-13] by Samurai!

Based on Click to view
Artist Samurai! [gallery]
Time spent 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Adopted [PG-13]

Postby Samurai! » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:11 pm

The city was destroyed. Whatever little shelter there was was made by the shells of skyscrapers and the blasted street. While there were many more than one individual still residing here, awaiting rescue, Topgun saw not one being, live or dead, as she struggled to climb the jagged hills of torn asphalt and concrete, one after the other. A dull sob rattled in her chest between wheezing gasps for air. She was shaking, she was scared, she wasn't in shape, and she didn't have her baby. Where was her baby? Topgun heaved herself halfway up onto a cement slab and her elbows locked. Sobbing weakly, she kicked the rest of her way up and collapsed onto her side, exhausted. She had searched and searched the rubble ever since the second she had woken up in what was left of her house. It had been a few hours while she was out, and Boxer most likely was scared without her mommy, so Topgun didn't doubt that the little girl had run off looking for help as fast as she could. Boxer was new to parkour, making her much more able to maneuver the rubble than her mother was without even counting the energy of youth.

That was what her very soul was banking on.

Topgun sputtered another wretched sob and gasped in shock as another cry echoed her. Shakily, she struggled into a sitting position and listened, sniffing and wiping her eyes. The cry again--a very small baby had been awaken by her crying and was calling for its mother. Topgun crawled towards the noise, shivering uncontrollably from overexhaustion, and shoved her head down a smallish hole made by two slabs of asphalt. Just beyond arm's reach was a tiny little boy, an infant. He was making hungry crying noises and pawing fitfully at the air. Topgun lay down in full and lowered her entire torso into the hole, thanking her father for giving her the skinny gene. She wrapped both arms around the baby and pulled him up, then rolled over away from the hole with the infant in front of her. It slowly stopped crying and chewed at her chest.

"H-hnn-hungry?" she stuttered, voice still thick from crying. She managed a weak smile and another tear fell down her cheek. Visions of her daughter at this age filled her eyes and she bit her lip to stop the inevitable downpour. The infant made a hungry squeal and started pawing the air and kicking, obviously about to cry some more. Topgun pulled him close and nursed him, having miscarried not very long ago and so still had milk to give. He fluttered his big, dark wings in a satisfied manner and licked milk off his nose, then snuggled close to Topgun and got ready to sleep. His eyes weren't open yet, she noticed, and she had never seen wings anywhere remotely near this district before. Although she couldn't see the building she was perched on, she guessed that it had perhaps been some sort of hotel. How awful for the child to lose his family so far from home--there was no chance for him unless they recognized him later, and his body patterns hadn't set yet so it was likely they would change. Her heart ached for him. She held the child near her face and nuzzled him gently. He placed his paws near her nose and turned his head away, not wanting away from her touch but wanting air to breathe. Topgun smiled. She would call him Scion.

Don't worry guys, she finds her daughter. :)

Modified excerpt from my TF OCs' backstory--their home got blowed up by air-dropped bombs and Topgun, Boxer's mom, finds a baby Scion and raises him along with her daughter in the rubble of their old city. They are eventually separated by a returning raid force and though Boxer and Scion find each other years later and live closely for the rest of their lives, Topgun is never seen or heard from again and is assumed to have been killed by the Decepticon soldiers.
Samurai!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Adopted [PG-13]

Postby DecafBunny » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:47 am

wow this is great wow and i mean wow
        • Going on Haitus again... •

Art by sugartabby72600 wrote:
Owed Work wrote:
• Dealing with personal issues. Probably won't be active again.

DecafBunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Samurai! » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:40 am

Thank you. C: I'm trying really hard to make good backgrounds because I was told I needed practice. I'm glad it's good.
Samurai!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DecafBunny » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:35 pm

Its sad bur great
        • Going on Haitus again... •

Art by sugartabby72600 wrote:
Owed Work wrote:
• Dealing with personal issues. Probably won't be active again.

DecafBunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me