Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

New Species Ref Sheet by hotdoge

Artist hotdoge [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 33 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

New Species Ref Sheet

Postby hotdoge » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:05 pm

Yes, the timer is likely incorrect. I left the window open for extended periods of time.

Though the species thread is still under construction, feel free to visit, anyway! ^^ [X]

Species: Nyx
Singular- Nyx / Plural- Nyxen or Nyx
Scientific Name: Generalis lupum (Tribal Wolf) Suggested by Tundra. <3
Average Size: 3 - 4 feet tall, from the top of the head. 4 - 5 feet long, tail excluded.
Average Weight: 100 - 150 pounds for males. 80 - 120 pounds for females.
Average Life Span: 75 - 100 years. Similar to humans.
Diet: Mainly carnivorous. Nyx tend to prey on large herbivores such as deer and horses.
Overview: The Nyx are a proud, tribal race. After hundreds of years, humans have died out, leaving the world to heal itself. Nyxen have taken over this revived Earth as the dominant species...

Much more information will be added later.

I am almost positive that these creatures will be adopted out and/or sold for an upcoming RP. If you are interested in the idea, feel free to comment. But be warned; this RP will have very strict rules, and is going to be semi-literate.
Though I would appreciate it if you don't bug me about 'saving a spot' or 'being an artist or mod.' I will choose certain people who get 'benefits.' Don't ask.

Also. Don't copy my idea. I've spent too freaking long on this for you to come by and steal it. If you do steal the Nyx idea, I will find you. Regardless of what site you're on. It is illegal, rude, obnoxious, stupid, and makes me want to kill you.
Last edited by hotdoge on Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
hotdoge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New Species Ref Sheet

Postby BPeppers » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:08 pm

It's very beautiful <3
I'm honored to be the first to comment |D
I would be very interested. I'll be stalking to see when it's finished.

CHARACTER DESIGN CONTEST
Win a green sorbet! [it will be given out]
BPeppers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hotdoge » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:14 pm

*Fistpump* Yus. C<
Someone be likin' my idea.
hotdoge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Season of the Star » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:17 pm

I'd love to join. I'd dig out some RP examples in a moment...

Seasonstar wrote:Zara sat there, frowning to herself. Now she knew why they coward at the back of their cages. Seth was menacing. Even now her anger couldn't hold back the horrible, fleeting feeling of fright. She felt sick again as her emotions formed a torrent inside her. She sit there anyway, looking as if stone with only a breath of life left in her unmoving features. She'd seen on her first day the horrors of this place. She had gone past her own barriers and did the exact opposite of laying low and listening. Her curiosity will have killed her, but her anger even more than that.

Seasonstar wrote:The scientist's pellucid shout sufficed the information that he wasn't coming. Good. That would give Zara enough time.
She turned back, trying to get as much blood to stop as possible. She breathed deeply, wiping sweat from her forehead, but in return a little streak of blood remained. She ripped some loth from her long-since-washed jeans and stuffed it in the gash in attempt to stop the bleeding.

Seasonstar wrote:"I see the stars as a faraway hope. Too far out of reach, promising good times. It also holds our troubles, telling us there are dark times ahead. They are our dreams and wishes, true in a sense. The sky itself I see as a prison- keeping us in the present. Keeping us in reality. Keeping us from the outer wonders." Zara whispered to Demitri almost mutely. "The sky can be it's own beacon of hope. It hold our limits, yes, but it still holds our goals. It is life within it's own little space. It is our boundary with life and death." Zara continued.

(Yes, I use the name 'Zara' a lot in RPs. XD)
ATTENTION: I might be losing my internet so, so if I disappear unexpectedly for a while, please do not kick me out of any roleplays! I will get caught up as soon as I return. Thank you.
Roleplayitis- Roleplay Your Heart Out (Site)
Find Your Zodiac: January- Season of Lost Blood, February- Season of Twisted Souls, March- Season of the Aspiring, April- Season of Mercy, May- Season of the Undead, June- (Talk to me), July- Season of the Valiant, August- Season of Second Chances September- Season of Jesters, October- Season of the Star November- Season of the Willed, December- Season of All Time.
Image Image Image
Greetings, it is nice to meet you, my name is Season. I used to share my account with two others, but they have decided not to participate any longer. I may not be on very much, but don't hesitate to shoot me a PM at any time- I do not bite.

Watch me on deviantart! http://seasonstar.deviantart.com/
Season of the Star

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thebrokenheart » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:19 pm

Well..FIRST OF ALL.
SHE WILL FIND U.
TRUST ME.

and secound of al..hahaha i love u "Spechial Benifits"<3 ur the funniest person in the.UNI-VERSE
Plus these are AWESOME and cute. Id love to join a rp if u ever make one
I hope you are in a better place, Hope the Lord has your soul to save, Nothing left in my heart to break, And now you are gone, I am so torn, All I saw was the love in you, Heart so strong and I always knew, You were mine and I was yours, You are no more, And I feel misplaced, Cause life's a race.
I know you are in better place, See you at the pearly gates, My heart beats to see my fate, I live for you, I will make it through, I will see you again, I will see my best friend. -BrittanilouiseTaylor<3
Thebrokenheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hotdoge » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:23 pm

@Seasonstar~
My head just exploded. =w= That's way better than I usually RP, I'm sorry to say. But yes, I'll make sure to keep this thread updated if I create an RP!

@Thebrokenheart~
Ilysm. *Benefiiiits*
hotdoge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thebrokenheart » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:24 pm

Ha.. ya i cant spell
I hope you are in a better place, Hope the Lord has your soul to save, Nothing left in my heart to break, And now you are gone, I am so torn, All I saw was the love in you, Heart so strong and I always knew, You were mine and I was yours, You are no more, And I feel misplaced, Cause life's a race.
I know you are in better place, See you at the pearly gates, My heart beats to see my fate, I live for you, I will make it through, I will see you again, I will see my best friend. -BrittanilouiseTaylor<3
Thebrokenheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Season of the Star » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:25 pm

Thank you, zatsuluver. :) Of course, I'll only join if there is an RP to play out.
ATTENTION: I might be losing my internet so, so if I disappear unexpectedly for a while, please do not kick me out of any roleplays! I will get caught up as soon as I return. Thank you.
Roleplayitis- Roleplay Your Heart Out (Site)
Find Your Zodiac: January- Season of Lost Blood, February- Season of Twisted Souls, March- Season of the Aspiring, April- Season of Mercy, May- Season of the Undead, June- (Talk to me), July- Season of the Valiant, August- Season of Second Chances September- Season of Jesters, October- Season of the Star November- Season of the Willed, December- Season of All Time.
Image Image Image
Greetings, it is nice to meet you, my name is Season. I used to share my account with two others, but they have decided not to participate any longer. I may not be on very much, but don't hesitate to shoot me a PM at any time- I do not bite.

Watch me on deviantart! http://seasonstar.deviantart.com/
Season of the Star

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BPeppers » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:28 pm

If it's needed I can dig up some RP examples :3
I be lovin' your idea.

CHARACTER DESIGN CONTEST
Win a green sorbet! [it will be given out]
BPeppers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hotdoge » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:31 pm

Yes, it would be helpful if you included that. ^^ It's always nice to have good information in advance, just so I know that you are full of awesome.
hotdoge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me