Time spent 50 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Vapor ~ Aquatic fox

Postby palmsprout » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:33 am

Name:
Vapor

Story:
“VAPOR!!” Her mother screamed, as the small grey fox was swept down the current. That was the last time she heard her mother’s voice. Vapor was very young, not quite one year old, when she was swept away. Vapor had been swimming in the river, trying to catch a little, silver minnow darting through the water reeds. It was raining at the time, and there was a flash flood. The river suddenly came crashing over Vapor, and she struggled for breath, gasping every time her head popped above the tide for a few seconds. The waves grew bigger, bigger, and Vapor couldn’t get enough breath. She felt water come through her mouth as her lungs screamed and cringed with pain. Suddenly everything went black.

Everything was fuzzy, Vapor couldn’t see clearly. Coughing up water along with slimy green river plants, the little finned fox collapsed, her heart beating fast. When she finally regained full consciousness, she felt her front paw throbbing with pain. She licked it, and realized there was a large gash in her green-grey skin. Luckily it wasn’t bleeding, but it hurt to put any pressure on it. As she twisted her head to lick her flanks smooth, her eye caught something shiny in her fur. In a knot of grey fur, there was a necklace caught in it. It had three little pendants on it, a seashell, seaweed, and a dolphin. The more she looked at the necklace, the more she liked it. She put it over her head, and around her neck. It has been there ever since.

Years passed, and Vapor grew into a slender, sneaky, and beautiful fox. She had created a den on the outskirts of a large lake, and swam in it as much as she could. There, she grew fond of the clams, and she found that scallops were her favorite. Vapor always caught minnows, they were her favorite. She was always lonely, and when she was about 5 years old, she left her lake-side haven. She traveled for almost a year, stopping all water-side places, searching for her family, or somewhere that she wouldn't be alone. To this day, she is still searching. Little does she know how close she is to finding the home of her mother, father, and all of the Aquatic Foxes.

It is unknown how she got her bracelet, she most likely found it at the bottom of a river or lake on her travels.

Personality:
Vapor is a cunning, but sweet fox. She loves to help others in need, but she is always able to escape trouble. She can always charm another creature to stand on her side in an argument, she has a way with words. Vapor doesn't have much time with others, as she is always traveling.

Other:
Vapor's dark grey back was originally speckles, but they looked like crap so I just smudged them into a dark sort of blob. lol. I don't know if this turned out like a real fox's fur design, but I like it. xD

I had fun designing this, I hope I win! Oh yeah... I do realize how failed my dolphin is. xD

Andddd...
- A full-grown (e.g. a 21-year-old human) Aquatic Fox is about seven-eight human years.
Last edited by palmsprout on Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
[jay] [he/him] [i don’t take commissions]
palmsprout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WIP ~ Vapor

Postby palmsprout » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:51 pm

woot finished the design... (maybe) and story is started. :3
palmsprout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby brian emo » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:33 am

I'm glad I'm running this... I can't write stories this quickly for my life. ;3;
brian emo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby palmsprout » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:50 am

:3

Finished the story, I didn't make it much longer. xD

Still working on personality and "other"
palmsprout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby brian emo » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:53 am

Can't wait to read all of these~ <3

...She looks like she'd feel like a dolphin ._.
brian emo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me