Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Seriously People by Celozon

Artist Celozon [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Seriously People

Postby Celozon » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:44 am

This is kinda a two-for-one complaining picture.

1. What is with some people and posting a hundred smilies in a row? We get it. You are happy. One smilie is enough. I mean, I use the smilies too, but I just use one or two to convay my fealling on the topic. Posting a hundred smilies in a row is just annoying. Why? Why even post that many? To draw attention to your post? To show that you are very very very very happy? Really, whats the point? One is enough.

2. My second rent is on people and complining about drwing thing with a mouse. I have a tablet. I draw with my tablet. I post my art. I get no comments. Other people have no tablet. They draw with a mouse. They post thier art and complain that they had to do it with a mouse. People post saying "This is really good!"or *insert million smilies here*. Really. I drew this with a mouse. It looks just like all my other drawings. Having a tablet does not make you better. "Well" you say. "Using a mouse is more annoying." Yes. Using a mouse to draw is annoying, but it also allows you to pay attention to detail and to actually spend time on your drawing.

Thants all, feel free to post and complain to me.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Seriously People

Postby Slimedog » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:53 am

Before I post lemme just say I didn't stalk you just saw it when I went to look around the forums. XD

But now finally someone else who agrees with me with the tablet thing I have been flamed for saying mice and tablets make the same art it's the artist.
And with the smileys couldn't have said it better myself.
Slimedog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Error » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:10 am

I agree with the smileys. I use a few now and then to show off emotions. But otherwise more than five smiles on a post is rather annoying. That is if they smileys are in a row, if there are more than five to the end of each sentence showing off emotion then I'm not bothered by that ^^"

And the whole tablet thing... Well, I use a tablet and I can say I draw better with a tablet compared to a mouse, but in the past I could color in linearts very well with a mouse. Now drawing with a mouse would... Pretty much kill me, it is more of the fact that when you have a tablet it is like drawing on paper while a mouse or a laptop track pad takes skills to be able to draw well with it, skills and practice that is.
Error

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:13 am

^.^ Thanks, I'm glad to know someone agrees with me. I never actaully used a mouse to draw on the computer before getting my tablet but trying it now just showed me that I could get the same result with a mouse, it just takes a little longer.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:05 am

>Stealth bump<
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:02 am

Only people agreeing? No complainers? Cool.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfshadows1 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:24 am

agreed on all aspects of this post!
WolfShadows1
I take any drawing commissions/requests :D
Wolfshadows1
wolfshadows1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dhlkugzi » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:06 am

I agree. Stop abusing smilies. >.<
The mouse thing really annoys me. I have almost no problem using a mouse to draw. It might be a little difficult for the first few times, but after that, you get used to it. When I switched to a tablet, I couldn't tell the difference between the art I drew with a mouse, and the stuff I drew with a tablet. Seriously people. It doesn't make a difference which one you use, YOU are the one doing the work, not the mouse/tablet. Yeah, you used a mouse. So? It doesn't make you any better than someone who uses a tablet. It's not like the tablet helps a whole lot, it's just like an expensive piece of paper.
Paint the Roses Red...

dhlkugzi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:22 am

Well said Meesha! Exactly what I was thinking. ^.^
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyChaser » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:41 am

I have to agree. I think the smile thing is an attempt to make the post look cute. As far as the tablet vs. mouse issue, I have to agree as well.

I have a tablet (wacom intus3, smallest size - 4x6). It is a great tablet but when drawing my lines come off just as wobbly as if drawn with a mouse.The real secret seems to be whether or not you have a steady hand or can turn on the smoothing. (I turn on the smoothing, now that I discovered it.)
Some tools I will use the mouse over the tablet for more control. (pen tool for instance.) Most of the time I use the tablet because my fingers and wrists get sore enough without having to hold a button down to draw.
Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me