Name:

Berenice

Female

3 years

Tribe:

Hakari

Healer

Personality:

Sweet, gentle, and unfazed by tragedy or wounds, Berenice naturally fell into the job of healer. Yet her search for knowledge continues, and she speaks with the moon spirit on an almost daily basis. While remaining willing to do her job at a moment's notice, Berenice also pursues the limits of the power the moon has granted her people. As a result, she can control the air almost as well as she can control her main element, water. This is useful, because herbs need drying in order to last longer.

But she's also seemingly alert, cautious, even when there's clearly no need. It's as if she's always being followed by a whisp of fear. It serves as a barrier for keeping away those who might become to close to her.
She's soft-spoken, but also stubborn. She doesn't tolerate nonsense when she's working, but she has a sense of humor that revels in other wolves' problems as well as her own.

She enjoys speaking with glowdeer, even though her red clay masks features the molded horns of a antelope. Their lives are so much longer than hers. She also likes interacting and observing with species other than her own, like watching the lives of refleur. She doesn't enjoy hunting very often. She's too sweet to enjoy the thrill of the kill, though her hunger pains ensure she enjoys the thrill of eating, and sometimes even the chase.

Main Element:

Water

Art of Your Wolf:

pencil+colored pencil drawing by me

Brief (or not) History:

Her older brother Vassar was exiled from the Hakari tribe for killing another wolf. He is the reason she's afraid. She's afraid some danger will come to him, and here she is, unable to assist or even know what's happening. She's tried talking to the moon spirit about it, seeing if he can speak with his dark brother about Vassar, but Vassar never was very interested in long chats with moon spirits.

In order to avoid the danger of ever having to face her brother in battle, Berenice became a healer rather than a scholar. She started asking for news of her brother from animals other than glowdeer, and was eventually rewarded with conversations, and in time, friendships. Her smaller animal friends tell her where the freshest herbs are and where there are new patches of a herb she's searching for.

Despite the time and effort that went into her mask, Berenice doesn't like wearing it. She'll wear it when she has to, for formal rituals or special events, but otherwise she hides it in an old log, guarded by a badger-like friend of hers. She would like to find some feathers for it, blue feathers to go with the blue marks on the red clay. She claims she'll wear it more then, when it's finished.

Finally designed a character by myself and for myself that I actually really, really like:
Ouchmyeyes says Hi!

Oh gosh what was I thinking...

Character Clearance+Giveaway! Looking for da points

Character thread (wip) + sales design sales
Nimaine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me