Taka by azazel.

Based on Click to view
Artist azazel. [gallery]
Time spent 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 2

Taka

Postby azazel. » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:16 pm

A contest entry :3 Colors loosely based off this cute guy http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs28/f/2008/ ... phinxv.jpg

Name-Taka
Nickname-N/A, but Taka means "Hawk"
Breed-Akita Inu -curly tail, cant see above o.o they didn't have a curl-tail layer and I was too lazy to make one-
Age-Nine
Personality-Quite protective, but not in the "MINE" way. He knows when to give space. He's playful for his age, and gentle, but knows how to put up a fight. Though he may not look too rough-and-tumble, don't underestamate him. Hes wary of strangers, but will stick loyally by your side.
Likes- Protecting, swimming and hunting. Rain, and wind, winter
Dislikes- Storms and loud noises, heat
History- Yes, I was the pretty boy of my neighborhood. I really was. And a high-roller. As soon as I'd arrived from a run-down puppy mill, no memory of my mother or siblings, I'd gotten envyious looks. I always earned respect, wherever I went. Was it my looks? My smarts? My obediance? Who knows? But I always got a look of envy while passing those prissy Pomeranians, or the sassy Poodles, even the Retrievers snorted and looked away. I wasn't overly confident with myself at all, I didn't even have to stake a claim. They just took my regal stature in stride, and here I was, the talk of the town. By the dogs, anyway. The humans preferred their greater, larger dogs, like the Labs, or the prissy Chihuahuas. Anyway, enough about the respect I got. I was bored in that little town. Being Head Hauncho had its benefits, but I was up for a little exitement. So I ran, at the dead of night, when the Owners forgot to let me in at my 3am potty break. I dug under the fence, which I'd been working on for months, due to my nails always being trimmed to size, dumb prissy people. Free at last, I shook the collar from my fur and ran, not even caring who would be my replacement. Probably the Spaniel four houses down. I was free.
Meeting Spoon-I'd walked up to the fence of the grayhound-racetrack and sniffed feebily. Hm. Challenge and desperation. My instincts told me to turn away, but I was curious, and had gotten good at digging, so I crawled my way under the fence, where I saw a pretty Coon mix wearing a purple collar, and my upturned tail began to wag along my upper rump. I had to say, she was a pretty thing, and she looked to be a racer, with her lean grayhound form. I could have been wrong. Anyway, I trotted up to the female and watched her from a distance, rump in the air, curious, and knowing she wouldn't notice little-ol me, a no-collar'd dog. Ah well. I decided to watch her, and hopefully become friends, but time would tell.
Other-I'm not good with meetings XD I have no clue if she's a racer, but I read her info, and at the end she was talking about racing, so I guessed XD You could always have Spoon's owner adopt him, but I decided to have him be the ownerless badboy >3
azazel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Taka

Postby snowydays » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:27 pm

He's handsome 8D

Great job with the colors,and cool story,too.Spoon is a retired racer,yet still is quite fast.She hangs around there to help teach the younger racing dogs.Though she does do coon hunting still and is great at that.I'll post that on the main thread,so it'll help with all the stories<3
snowydays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Taka

Postby azazel. » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:36 pm

I know XD I love rusty-speckled dogs

I worked really hard on the colors. I was staring at my little ref for about an hour -_- -trollface- Color? Y U no appear on doggeh? I quite like Spoon and her history <3 shes quite an adorable thing.
azazel.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me