Coffee. by Clowesia

Based on Click to view
Artist Clowesia [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 1 minute
Drawing sessions 1
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Coffee.

Postby Clowesia » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:37 pm

IF YOU ARE AN ARTIST HERE FOR REFERENCE, REMOVE THE BANDANA, PLEASE.

He was there to show her that coffee wasn't as bitter as she thought it was.

The spoon swirled through the frothy top of her cappuccino, the cream she was steadily pouring from her other hand tainting and marbling the bitter substance in a play of fantasy. Sophie's mind's eye was focused lazily on the cup of coffee, instead of the continuous natter of her acquaintance. She said acquaintance, not friend. Emma seemed not to notice as she continued on about something or another, nothing of importance to Sophie. She could not have cared less about Emma's latest tale of her trash-faced expedition.

Emma never once asked Sophie for her opinion.
Emma never asked Sophie about her day or how she was doing.
Emma never offered to pay for lunch.
Emma never extended the hand of friendship, even though she demanded all of the above and more from Sophie.
That is why she was an acquaintance.

'Such is life. Use or be used, eat or be eaten.' She thought with a bitter note as the cream container bumped onto the surface of the table roughly, placed with more force than necessary. The spoon was tapped against the rim of the take-away cup of cappuccino as she looked at it with contempt. She brought it to her lips, the scent filling her nose and making her stomach queasy. The cream lightened coffee slipped against her lips, sliding through the tiny part before it touched the tip of her tongue.

The nasty drink was quickly ejected from her mouth and into her cup in a fit of disgust.
She had never liked coffee.
Ever.

Picking up the container of liquid cream she began to stir once more, a bit harsher than was needed as it seemed Emma's voice raised a whiny octave. 'What kind of world do we live in that stuck-up, pretentious females like this are on top? She is emotionally deep as a rock with the personality of a fish and the tongue of a snake.' Her blue orbs peeked over the rim of her glasses as she gazed at Emma, the girls fake tan nearly singing her eyes as she focused on the girls make up caked face. 'How did I even come to know her?' She asked herself, her eyes dropping to the girls texting hand, the clacking becoming an annoyance. Sophie had become increasingly jaded to the world, rejection after rejection slowly leaving their mark on her sensitive core, marring her until she could hardly bare it.

"And so I said to her "Oh my god, who do you think you are? some chick that can walk up to me with your fake tan and your fake eyebrows with your fake Chanel and tell me he's your boyfriend?" and she just got totally served. God she was fat, she had this gross muffin top-"
She began to tone Emma out again, the small snippet she had heard was enough to cause her cappuccino to swirl into a whirlpool of agitation. "I don't want to be your friend anymore." Her interruption was quick and to the point and it was enough to shut Emma up.

She stood up, the chair screeching out behind her as the table wobbled, her cappuccino tipping to spill its contents onto the table. The caramel liquid welled over the edge of the table, dripping onto the concrete covered ground to quickly form a puddle of swirling bitter broth. She paid no attention to the stumbling Emma as she turned and left, her long strides taking her away from the outside table she and Emma had been sitting at, perched outside a quaint little cafe.

--

The chilled and diminished puddle of coffee simply sat there, it's marbled visage having not moved an inch from its subsequent spillage.

It did not remain that way for long.

It started as a small bubble, forming on the surface and next, the edges slowly began to froth and foam. It started off slowly, the bubbles beginning to pop slowly as more formed, the pace of renewal and regeneration picking up quickly until the liquid was boiling violently as the edges of the puddle expanded. It swelled to the size of a barrel bottom, the bubbles reaching the size of basket balls.

A paw lowly slid from the edge of this swirling, unnatural mass of bubbles and froth

--

He trotted happily up the path to the house he had been seeking out, his tongue lolling out the side of his mouth, the edge of which was tugged into a canine equivalent of a cheerful grin. His feet leaped and bounded as he pranced along the broken stones, the garden on each side of the path blooming out of control in an array of plants and weeds. With a kick in his back leg he moved up the front step to the door, his hind legs bending as he sat, his front legs rearing up as she set to work on scratching the white layers of paint off the wooden door in front of him. He continued this action, his nail scraping at the door until it opened in a flurry, Sophie's relaxed form filling the doorway.

Without a warnings noticed he bounded over the threshold and into her life.

He was there to show her life was as bitter as she thought it was and he didn't even need artificial sweetener to do it.

--

New character Coffee<3 8D
This is his little friend called Biscotti~
I'll have to draw him up sometime. c:

And yes, Coffee is made of...Coffee.
He is magical! 8D
His markings are supposed to resemble the foam you get on top of a cup of coffee.

I DON'T LIKE THE BANDANA. >:I
AT ALL.
But I removed the lineart beneath it and couldn't get it back by the time I realized I didn't like it. xD

THE CONCEPT OF DOGS BEING MADE OUT OF FOOD STUFFS FROM THE LEFT OVER EMOTIONAL RESIDUE OF THEIR OWNER IS MY CONCEPT.

DO NOT USE UNLESS YOU HAVE ASKED FOR AND RECEIVED PERMISSION FROM ME.
Last edited by Clowesia on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.

You are my Senpai
    My only Senpai
    You give me dokis
    When seas are grey
    You'll never notice me
    But I still love you
    You're sugoi, kawaii desu ne~♥
Clowesia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery