Austin/Ricochet by CharyouTree

Based on Click to view
Artist CharyouTree [gallery]
Time spent 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Austin/Ricochet

Postby CharyouTree » Mon May 16, 2011 10:13 am

Michael drifted in and out of sleep under the open sky, thinking that this place may not be too bad after all. He and his sister had been tossed into a fierce new world, but the night made everything feel okay. The dreams of Minnesota nearly drew him to a full out doze, but a cold nose on his thigh tore him out of it. With a suprised scream, he leaped back, reaching for the gun he had so recently been blessed with. When the weapon was gripped and pointed at the thing that had frightened him. To his awe (and slight disappointment) it was a doglike creature that regarded him meekly. Michael supposed it was a coyote or something, looking to scavenge. It appeared normal in most aspects, other than it's one bright green eye, and other that had a metallic sheen, and a blue wire sticking out.
"What the hell is that?" The boy spoke to himself softly, reaching forwards to examine the wire. The coyote moved closer, as if he wanted to make things easier for his new friend. It was a normal household wire that climbed up the animal's ear to a rod, accompanied by a red light.
Amanda, a girl of six with a foxish face, had pulled herself out of a deep sleep to see the source of the commotion. Her young eyes widened when she saw the intruder, and the child stumbled backwards, then fell hard on her behind. Fat tears rolled down her face as she began to bawl.
Michael glanced at the coyote disapprovingly, rose to comfort his sister. She'd developed a fear of canines early in life, and could barely look in the direction of one without bursting into tears. Michael picked her up easily, and was about to carry her back to the small sleeping bag that she slept in when a high, childish voice emitted from behind him.
"Hello? Can somebody help me? Please!"
Even Amanda was stunned by the plea that came from what seemed was the coyote. Michael set the girl down, placing her behind him. "Who was that?" he challenged, not beleiving what his mind was slowly creeping towards.
It was indeed coming from the coyote. It did not speak, but the noise came from all around it.
A cry of happiness could be heard "Austin! I'm Austin. Whoever you are, please, help me" the voice wept "I don't know what's going on but... but I think I'm stuck. Stuck in Ricochet's head"

Whoo. My apologies for the crappy writing, I just felt like making a little story. To clarify, this is from a story I'm working on about two kids who've sort of merged into another world, and now they've run into this character. He's a coyote and a person put together. Scientists used a boy named Austin and his furry friend Ricochet in an experiment that caused the kid's mind to be transferred into the coyote's head. Then they were also whisked off to another world. Austin's actual body is gone, and destroyed, so he's pretty much stuck like that forever :C
Poor thing.
Anyways, the robotic parts were another part of a different experiment, and they are useful for tracking and such. That's about it.... Hope you like.
CharyouTree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me