Forum rules
Anthro Art must follow our Code of Conduct rules regarding nudity.
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

dream drawing/color guide by rem sleep

Artist rem sleep [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 1 minute
Drawing sessions 1
26 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

dream drawing/color guide

Postby rem sleep » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:27 pm

dream's colors are very similar, save for a few slight differences in tone/darkness, so here's a guide to hopefully help with drawing them!

basically their markings can be thought of as a gradient, but instead of the gradient brush, I use the pen brush and 'stripe out' the gradients-- so I just make stripes that connect/blur the colors together. these don't have specific numbers or anything, I just add however many stripes I think looks nice! I start doing dream's markings with the lightest blue #99e7fe, then add the middle blue #8fb4fb, then the darkest blue #9291ff. after I have the base markings done I add the white markings and the sun/moon on their legs over top of the striped gradient base -- so the raindrops, spots, and sun/moon marks (which are done with the lightest blue then outlined in white) are done after.

for accents, dream's horns are the first two blues in the gradient, but not the last one-- so they're #8fb4fb as their base, with the lighter blue as the inner core or lighter parts of the crystal horn, with white shine.

dream's eyes, hair, pawpads, and the insides of their bunny ears (which are optional to draw, sometimes I draw them sometimes I just make their ears symmetrical on both sides) are the purple and pink colors-- #b86ff2 and #f676ff. dream's pupil is a darker purple code of #7f00fd. I almost always draw dream with colored lineart, and the color of the lines can change but the ones in this drawing are #6900d3. dream's eyes (iris and pupil) have a 'watery' look to them, and i draw them with a sort of wiggly line.

additionally despite being a rabbit dream does have pawpads, because i think they're cute.

white markings (raindrops and spots) are randomized and can be drawn in whatever number/position you think looks good! they are meant to be very fluid, so I draw them a little different every time. likewise, their colors can also change! this is the guide for their brighter palette, but as long as the colors are vaguely similar, you can shift them around too (for instance feel free to make the contrast more bold so the colors are easier for you to see, if these are irritating to work with).

I hope this helps!
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist