Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Ronja by That's Offensive

Artist That's Offensive [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 34 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
52 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ronja

Postby That's Offensive » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:57 am

Just binged the Netflix adaptation of Ronja Rövardotter because when a big international streaming service remakes a classic movie from your childhood into a series you've gotta watch. Gotta say, my expectations were low (because netflix tends to value money over staying true to the source material) but this series was pretty good!
for those who don't know (non-swedes) Ronja Rövardotter is a story from the same author that gave us Pippi Longstockings (Astrid Lindgren) and it centers around the young daughter of a pillager/robber, they live in the woods with their tribe of troublemakers. Ronja is getting old enough to go out in the woods on her own and we get a sort of coming of age story where she faces the dangers of the fantasy forest they live in. In sweden the old movie is shown every year around christmas on TV and everyone knows it so obviously when Netflix takes on something so culturally important to us Im gonna be skeptical but honestly I think I'll recommend the show. of course watch the movie first if you can access it because, come on, it's a classic, but I know that might be hard so if you can't find the movie just watch the show! (:
I want everyone to know the fear I grew up with, having seen the Vildvittror and the Grådvärgar and then having to live anywhere near a forest after that, the true swedish kid experience is being absolutely terrified by forests specifically because of Ronja Rövardotter. And also doing a vårskrik! that's swedish kid culture, you gotta do a vårskrik!

Hiya! ^^
Im That's Offensive but you can call me El or Frog if you want to, I use they/them pronouns but I dont really mind she/he pronounce. Im a swedish artist that has been hanging out on CS since 2015 and this place really feels like home, this site and the people on it are really important to me~
have some questions for/about my characters? // need art tips?
to find some more art by me you can message me for instagram, flipanim and TH links ^^"
That's Offensive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ronja

Postby arcadia. » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:16 am

oh I love this!!
    I remember reading pippi longstockings and all the other books by that author when I was small - such great childhood memories!!

───── ❝ the sea said goodbye to the shore
    so the sun wouldn't notice ─────xxx
    e + she her + Image + artist + omam
arcadia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby YanishaDrake » Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:21 pm

Ronja is, as most of Astrid Lindgrens works, very popular in Germany too, so we do not have any problems accessing the movie (though only in german or in englisch, if other languages are available).
Several of the fantasy creatures in this forest featured regularly in my childhood nightmares, but I still loved the movie so much - still do, and am very much looking forward to showing it to my boy once he´s a little older. :D
Might give the Netflix adaptation a go if you think you´d recommend it, but I will have to check if german Netflix already has it.
My Wish-list is a mess. Forgive me.
YanishaDrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby That's Offensive » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:44 pm

YanishaDrake wrote:Ronja is, as most of Astrid Lindgrens works, very popular in Germany too, so we do not have any problems accessing the movie (though only in german or in englisch, if other languages are available).
Several of the fantasy creatures in this forest featured regularly in my childhood nightmares, but I still loved the movie so much - still do, and am very much looking forward to showing it to my boy once he´s a little older. :D
Might give the Netflix adaptation a go if you think you´d recommend it, but I will have to check if german Netflix already has it.

it doesn't surprise me that Astrid Lindgrens work is populare in other countries too, especially countries that are close to Sweden, she was such a talented author and with how populare her stories were in Sweden they must have gotten to other places as well (:
Ronja Rövardotter scared the ghost out of me as a child but you bet I'd still watch it every year, I loved it and I loved the woods but I was still scared lol , the only Astrid Lindgren story I didn't like was Mio min Mio because I saw it when I was 4-5-ish and that scene with the invisibility cape scared me so bad that I had nightmares until I was 15, it's not even a scary movie, I was just really scared of that one scene lmao

Hiya! ^^
Im That's Offensive but you can call me El or Frog if you want to, I use they/them pronouns but I dont really mind she/he pronounce. Im a swedish artist that has been hanging out on CS since 2015 and this place really feels like home, this site and the people on it are really important to me~
have some questions for/about my characters? // need art tips?
to find some more art by me you can message me for instagram, flipanim and TH links ^^"
That's Offensive

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me