Spring Garden

"Spring Garden" by TrebleMaker

Dressup entry

Spring Garden

Postby TrebleMaker » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:35 am

Fiona padded down the forest path, dirt and grass compacted down from how often she made this route. She often would come out to the garden to escape her daily woes and today would be no different. Silently, she swept a paw over the soft clover lining either side of the path, a slight smile tugged at her lips. Things were so simple here, unlike that of the world around her. The clover tickled her roughened paw pads, making her blow air through her nose in a soft chuckle as she pulled her paw back to the hewn path. Her gaze flicked to the pink-blooming trees along the forest edge. No one was coming to hurry after her, to tug her back to reality. A blissful sigh escaped her lips then, as her eyes kept moving, sweeping slowly toward her destination. Finally, she beheld the clearing on the other side of the brush. Almost there.
She pressed on, turning from her weathered path as she approached the underbrush. Her paw steps slowed as she carefully combed through the branches and bushes in front of her now.
Knowing that this was her last obstacle made her take a rugged sigh of relief. To finally be in her little world, free of all expectations, it was the whole reason she came out here so often. To simply get a reprieve from the dramatics of life.
Fiona nudged her nose past the final scratching branches and stopped to behold the clearing in front of her. In the center of it all stood a stone water fountain. An intricate carving of a dancing winged fox sat atop the stone. Water streamed out of its mouth into the sparkling pool below. The edge of the pool was just short enough for Fiona to dip her muzzle into. Nestled carefully around the fountain were various plant pots. Each vase or pot was different in both shape and color. There were long, skinny vases, and short stout plant holders. Flowers were everywhere. You could not look in any direction without seeing shades of pink, purple, white, yellow, or red flowers. The clover lining the whole clearing was rich with seedlings of those plants, the seeds had taken refuge in the foilage and grown from the drippings of the fountain. Little mushrooms popped up in shadier parts of the clover patches as if to say "Don't forget about us!"
As Fiona walked through the clearing, she softly nuzzled the petals of the flowers that flowed into her path. The different, sweet scents filled her nose. Each was unique. She had spent days in this clearing, tending to each plant for hours. They all had names, and not just to differentiate them by gene.
She paused in front of the fountain and turned to behold the path she had just come. In her footsteps, she noticed little tiny animals coming out to say hello. A brown, fuzzy Bunny peaking around a flower pot, tiny ducklings teetering in the foliage, a fluffy yellow chick flapping its wings to get her attention, and lastly, a tiny skunk making a home among the fairy pots. All were welcome here, in her home away from home
She/TheyTrades are always
welcome!
If you're unsure leave a suggestion.

Currently reading:
Rereading ACOTAR

Feel free to message me
if you need help
or even just to chat.
<3

Currently watching:
Jujutsu Kaisen
TrebleMaker