Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

for winterfen by thenullchrysalis

Based on Click to view
Artist thenullchrysalis [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 41 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

for winterfen

Postby thenullchrysalis » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:32 pm

yknow id never seen an osprey until i looked up references for this request, but after seeing them I think they're a close second favorite bird now lol, although they'll never beat bearded vultures XD love those freaky fellas.

also had a really great PB&J sandwich in the middle of this... low blood sugar PB&Js just hit different man

anyway lol I had alot of fun with this request-- at first I wasn't too sure, I had the concept but just couldn't quite get it right. even now I'm still a little iffy on some of it, especially the feathers on the cheeks, but I kid you not I sketched that part like 3 times, tried to line it, backtracked and sketched it over again, lined it and hated it, erased the whole face for a new sketch, lined it again........... then i moved onto the rest of the body ONLY TO COME BACK AND FIX THE FEATHERS AGAIN !! breathes deeply. so yeah they're as good as they're getting lmao

i saw your note about the tail and decided to try my own way of combining the fluffy fur and feathers aspects-- ive always loved those tails like look like fur but have feathered shapes, where they're pretty narrow until the end fluffs out like, well, feathers, so that's what I was going for with their tail c: i also really liked your writing about them hanging out around streams and water sources so I ended up using alot of blue for the clothes, plus I thought it looked good against their fur. almost went for greens but decided against it

as for the flowy clothes aspect-- I couldn't figure out how to do it the way I wanted to, so I took it in a slightly different direction, inspired by them being based on a DND creature, and sort of went for an adventurer/druid vibe with their clothes, while still trying for loose layers.

im rambling now lol so I'll just leave those random notes at that haha. all in all I hope I did your concept justice and that you enjoy!!

also as per usual, the watermark can be removed, it's only there to prevent theft! the layer is called "DELETE :)", you've been added so you can do so if you wish c:

he/they | ashton or ash | credit my TH for any art or design please!

thenullchrysalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me