Code: Select all
[c] Tufts
[c] Horn Edit
[c] Colored Sclera
[c] Tail Spike Edit
[uc] Fur Edits
[r] All Shaped Scales
[r] Longer Mane

Other: Who must I sell my soul to to make the top right real???? It's so cute I Cannot. I want it sooo bad

But notes on why I did what I did!

I knew when I saw Apparition that me and these ghosts were going to be great friends because there is nothing more fun than markings like that- especially in a pairing like this when there aren't much to go off marking wise. Pairings like this can be Incredibly hard given the lack of markings with very limited color palettes when breeding- especially with multiples. So I decided to go more thematic which allowed for more creativity in regards to what I could do for each plateling. You can get stuck in terms of color, of markings, of edits-- that kind of balance is very hard to find but I think I got there in the end. I also wanted to make full use of the color palettes to the point of stretching it to make it fit what I felt I'd have to given they'd been (hypothetically) bred together previously as that can effect how you handle a ticket seriously.

I started with the bottom right and decided to do a light blue-y purple-y ghost themed kid- originally it was going to be a play on "going ghost" from danny phantom as "glowin ghost" but I scrapped that when I got into designing it. I also abused Sequin's stripey blotchy lines to help give it an almost poison dart frog kind of patterning which added to the whole "ghost" aspect which I enjoyed even if it isn't noticeable without my notes.

Bottom left was second on my list and I wanted to use the brights in a nonconventional way given what I said earlier. A lot of time when breeding relatively simple designs there is a lot of battling with how colors are used within a batch and thow to mitigate the likeness directly to a parent or siblings so which means you have to push the boundaries of the pairing itself and the palette you have at your disposal. So, I lightened up the brights and altered undertones to better suit the palette I was creating. The markings and scales mostly came from Apparition as I felt the heart (both normal and inverted) and the 'X' markings were too fun to not use but the striping markings were straight from Sequin, just added more to them to help give the effect I wanted. And given I'd pre-done the edits so I thought it'd be a wasted opportunity to not make the 'grumpy' one pastel with hearts. I also really wanted to do a half flop ear. I don't regret it. Its cute.

Top Right I decided to take a theme and Run with it. Took the magenta from Sequin's palette and dulled it down with the greys from Apparition's to get these muddy pink-greys that feel very grungy. Given the ghosts I felt it too tempting to not do a ghost graveyard-- I also thought it'd be a great play on apparition's 'X' markings to have crosses. Layering it up to look like theres different levels to this graveyard. Then adding clouds to add an even gloomier touch that also are meant to very vaguely resemble ribs. Added eye bags, faux teeth facial markings and a stripped mane, and boom graveyard zombie. Had to give it a different eye color just because it felt incomplete without green eyes.

For the top left I was a bit stumped at first but I knew I had to use that gradient somewhere and it clicked. Vaporwave. I admit I wasn't originally going to use the ghosts there as well but my partner is an enabler. I also gave one of them headphones because I just couldn't not. I mean...

I didn't use the living body parts trait simply because it didn't really fit the ideas I had for these so... is what it is I guess. Only gave the glow to the raver for the same reasons.
art by @tuxrise on tumblr
here we go again
kenna - she/they - adult

🌹

Progress

th // kennadryl
disc // kennadryl

Don't sell any free designs I make w/o additional art.

kennadryl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kennadryl Nursery Artist Entry #1

Postby InuImori » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:40 pm

Every so often I come back and stare at these 4 and I’m just mesmerized by them! These designs are amazing! I love them so so much! I also love how you explained each one! Obsessed
Image Image

✧ She/Her ✧ They/Them ✧
✧ Leo ✧ Taken ✧ Adult ✧ Heterosexual ✧
Image InuImori Image InuImori Image InuImori
CommissionsOC SaleYCH Shopc$ Art

InuImori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups