Range Trotter #4537 by strangetales

Based on Click to view
Artist strangetales [gallery]
Time spent 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #4537

Postby strangetales » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:27 am

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

adopt

Username: Bear.
    Show Name: WTS Small Wonder
    Barn Name: Wonder

Height: 14.0hh
    Eye Color: your smile, my ghost
    Phenotype: saddled grullo
    Genotype: Ee aa SdSd

- will always pass saddled dun (Sd)
Last edited by strangetales on Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
strangetales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #4537

Postby HowlingHooves » Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:25 pm

Username: HowlingHooves
    Show Name: To Serve a King
    Barn Name: Freastail
    Height: 14 hh
    Halter Color: teal, please!
    Something this Trotter is insanely good at: Not listening when it's time to do anything he doesn't want to. Like get off the flatbed trailer because hello, you're gonna hurt yourself. Or to get his fat butt out of the feed shed that he broke out of his stall to get into at 2am just because he didn't like that he was fed first and ate all his grain before everyone else, and as such was forced to listen while the others around him kept munching on their grain and he was all out.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Embergleam » Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:18 am

Username: Embergleam
Show Name: RRS Weight of the World
Barn Name: Atlas
Height: 15.2 hh
Halter Color:
Something this Trotter is insanely good at:
Sleeping. Atlas has an uncanny ability to fall asleep almost anywhere, almost instantly, and in just about any position, no matter what kind of chaos is going on around him. There's a delay between rounds at a show? He'll fall asleep standing up, in full tack, totally oblivious to all the horses losing their minds around him. Farrier's come for a visit? That's his cue to nod off, one hoof held up, portable forge glowing six feet from his head.
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby green. » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:25 am

Username: green.
Show Name: RWS Anathema
Barn Name: Tyler
Height: 14.3hh
Halter Color: artist choice
Something this Trotter is insanely good at: striding, Tyler is the resident 'school master' because he can find a stride from any distance, with or without his riders help. He might get fresh and give his rider a hard time but he will always get the striding correct.
"Night falls
With gravity
The earth turns
From sanity"

L - they/them - est
x | x | x
l
u
n
a
r
green.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bear. » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:16 pm

Username: Bear.
Show Name: WTS Small Wonder
Barn Name: Wonder
Height: 14hh
Halter Color: white
Something this Trotter is insanely good at: Wonder is actually very talented with numbers! His owner realized this when he was just a little colt, and he was able to count the number of chickens outside of his stall window by stamping his hoof. Wanting to test his skill further, Wonder was asked how many treats he wanted and stamped his hoof three times. His owner gave him only two treats, and Wonder snorted and stamped again just one time, to complain that he'd been shorted. From then on, he was trained to do simple adding and subtracting as a sort of party trick.

✦ BEYHR ✦
she they he
kaijuinu & lil long necks creator
𓆝 𓆟𓆞 𓆟
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bear.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups