Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Possible Species Interest Check? by LavenderRain

Artist LavenderRain [gallery]
Time spent 11 hours
Drawing sessions 2
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Possible Species Interest Check?

Postby LavenderRain » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:11 pm

A long while ago I thought it would be fun to make a closed species where the genes are mixed around. I'm still not sure if this dream will ever become a reality, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to at least put something out there just to see if anyone is actually interested ^^

Lore/What makes them unique
These special ponies, dogs, and cats come through a portal connected to a parallel dimension, an earth where they can talk and can have the intelligence of a human, and have the genetic patterns of each other

Dogs can only have genetic patterns of horses or cats, cats can only have horses or dogs, and ponies can only have cats or dogs.
During special events, they can have genetics from wild ancestors/cousins, such as zebra, tigers, hyena, etc.
They tend to stay more genetic and realistic looking, but room is allowed for more fantasy traits/looks in the rarer ones
They will have stats that can be raised through "training" (art or writing), to better compete in competitions

Traits
They would have a super simple 3 tier rarity system

tier 1: Classic
- Natural colors (anything that naturally occur on cats, dogs, or horses)
- Natural markings (anything that naturally occur on cats, dogs, or horses)
- Natural edits (anything that naturally occur on cats, dogs, or horses, ie. a cat with curled ears, a pony with fluffy hooves, a dog with curly poodle fur)

tier 2: Unique
- Unnatural accents, must be max 30% and cannot be base color, only markings. Can be any kind of marking or color
- Unnatural markings [Kin] (must occur naturally on related kin to dogs, cats, or horses, ie. zebra, tigers, etc.) (usually event exclusive)
- Unnatural edits [animal] (must occur naturally on any kind of animal, ie. bat wings, horns, etc.)

tier 3: Fabled (usually event exclusive)
- Unnatural colors (anything that doesn't naturally occur on cats, dogs, or horses)
- Unnatural marking [all] (Anything natural or unnatural)
- Unnatural edits [all] (ie. glass body parts, tailmouth, etc.)

Forbidden:
- Genetics of their own species (ie. cats can't be tortie but they can be merle, dogs can't be brindle but they can be tabby. Traits that look genetically accurate are fine so long as it naturally occurs on one of the other species (ie. a cat with a white blaze and sock may look like a normal low white cat, but is genetically from a horse))
- More than 50% non species (ie. a cat with wings is fine, but a parrot with a cat tail is not)

Breeding
New adopts must wait 1 week after initial adoption. Bred offspring can breed 1 week after Blooming

Can breed with any gender, but may not breed with their grandparents, parents, siblings, their children, or their grandchildren

Can have 1-5 seeds per Wish - Personal Wishes 2-3 seeds, Co-Wishes 2-4 seeds, using item can guarantee 5 offspring

Seeds are immediately put into owners inventory, and can be planted at any time. Once planted, they will grow within 1-2 weeks (artist- will create the seeds apon owners Wish, once it's planted they must color in the plant within 3 days, and will then have 1-2 weeks to finish the result. Artists may offer Magic Mulch to double plant growth time, but should only be offered if the artist thinks they can finish the design in the shortened time)

Events/Competitions
This species will be super big on lots of events and things happening! Not only will there be regular holiday events, but there will also be lots of competition events too!

Owners will be able to train and breed their pets in hopes to win all kinds of competitions, everything from racing, to skill based events like hurdles or Frisbee, so skill or player voted beauty competitions!

Extra fun stuff
Stats:
Wip, would contain a base 5-6 different types that all species would have, and different amounts in each would give them boosts or limitations in competitions
Would probably be a little vague like speed, agility, jump, etc.

Jobs:
One unique thing is that official and unofficial "jobs" will be strongly promoted. These include things like Trainer, Groomer, Newspaper, Rehoming Service, and Pet Whisperer. These jobs will help encourage members to be active in the community, doing things they enjoy, and making a little side money as well!

Newspaper:
Another thing I really want for this species is a custom made newspaper that goes out to those who want it 1-2 times a month! It would include all kinds of info for the species, everything from adopts ending soon, events or compitions coming up, new shops that people have opening, updates and info, and of course some fun stuff likes games! This newspaper would be posted publicly for anyone to enjoy, as well as sent directly to the PM of those who want it! It'll be a great way to keep everyone up to date on things, reminders of things ending or starting, and just help the community feel more close knit!

Currently Needed
Base artist - I'm actively on the lookout for an artist who can draw a cat, dog and pony for the species! I can pay in usd, C$ and Pets. If you or someone you know might be interested, feel free to hit me up! ^^

Co-owner - As much as I love closed species, I'm very aware that I don't have the time and dedication to keep at things long enough for them to truly blossom. So, for this dream to ever get off the ground, I will need a co-owner with me, help me keep the species active and up to date. Preferably the co-owner will be in equal footing with me (Although I may reserve the right to revoke decisions made by the co-owner, just as a safety measure), and will helping with everything, development, payments to staff, planning and hosting events, updates, etc.

Name suggestions - I'm still not sure what to call this closed species, if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them! ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mascots -
Front page
Nursery
Competition
Shop
Trainer?
Customs/MYO?
Shelter?
Last edited by LavenderRain on Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
LavenderRain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Possible Species Interest Check?

Postby LavenderRain » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:11 pm

Current job ideas, still very much a wip! ^^
Jobs are part of 3 tiers, Staff, Entrepreneur, and Part-time Gig.
Staff are well... staff! They personally work with the owner+co-owner, mods, artists, etc.! They will hopefully all be personally paid by the owner/co-owner for their work
Entrepreneurs can be anyone will to dedicate the time to their job! These jobs take alot more time and dedication than Part-time Gigs, but are also likely to pay more and possibly be more fun. Those in this tier do not directly work with the Staff, but may receive benefits/payments for doing their job
Part-time Gigs are smaller more casual jobs. These jobs are a better fit for someone who might want to dip their toes in, but only for a week or two. These jobs are much easier for anyone to just hop into, but can still be quite profitable to those willing to stay at it!

Staff --

Senior Moderator
- Second only to the owner/co-owner!
- Keep everything running smoothly
Will only exist if the species really blows up and becomes to much for me and co-owner to handle

- Enjoy interacting with others
- Keep calm under pressure and always remain respectful
- Are on at least 2 times a day (lurking is fine, but you must be active at least twice a week!)
starting - 20C$ a month | Once established 40C$ a month (if big will add on more mods)
Keeps Discord all good, answers questions, helps build community

Artist
- Enjoy making art
- Wish to help grow the species
- Enjoy trying new things and experimenting!
starting - 25C$ a month | Once established 50C$ a month | If big than 100C$ a month
2+ adopts each month
Can do nursery, custom/myo, mini events

Guest Artist
starting - 15C$ a month | Once established 25C$ a month
Must make 2 adopts per month, may be kept on board up to 2 months (If a decision is made by the end of the first month, they'll be either brought on or let go. If a decision isn't made by the first month, they may be asked to stay 1 more month)

Ghost Artist
0C$ a month, but have no requirement of how often to post
Only 50% of adopts may be payed

Event Manager
- Planner
- Weekends fairly open
- Are great at text/forum related things
Competitions should take place a minimum of once every 2 months.
starting - 30C$ a month | Once established 50C$ a month | If big than 100C$ a month

Newspaper Chief Editor
- The head of the newspaper, they work hard to make a fun and informative newspaper that goes out 1-2 times a month
- The Chief editor can work alone, but can also hire Journalists to help them
- Info will be upcoming events, contest, adopts closing soon, recommended shops, and more!
starting - 20C$ a month | Once established 40C$ a month | If big than 80C$ a month

Entrepreneur --

Groomer
- Makes edits for a small fee
- Must get permission first to open shop
- edits should be small things like wigs, jewelry, accessories, pet companions, dyed fur, etc.
- No price limit, but those seen a gauging will not be officially recommended

Trainer
- Makes art to train your pets (no base, at least halfbody)
- Must get permission first to open shop
- No price limit, but those seen a gauging will not be officially recommended

Pound/rehoming service
- Get paid for help rehome pets
- Should help try and find good homes for pets (and make them more appealing with traits or personalities)

Breeder
- Collects pets specifically for breeding
- Tend to focus on certain areas (just as particular traits, colors, themes, or stats)

Journalists
- Personally hired by the Chief Editor
- Collects info and possibly writes articles for the newspaper
- Anything else the Editor needs help with!

Sketcher
- Makes "giftart" bases and backgrounds for members to use
- Work for free, but can fill out forum to make art they can charge for
(all bases/background may be used however they would like, whether for their own personal use or for anyone. To officially sell it they need permission)

Part-time Gig --

Matchmaker?

Part-time trainer
- Makes art to train your pets (on base or only headshot)
- Doesn't require permission (must fill out forum to have shop official recommended)
- May not charge more than 40C$ a piece

Pet Whisperer
- Develops personality, lore, info, and other such stuff for other peoples pets, in hopes to build stronger bonds
- May not charge more than 20C$ per pet
Last edited by LavenderRain on Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Adult ▪ Female ▪ Married ▪ Image▪ Christian ▪ Sept. 14th ▪ Artist
Toyhouse DeviantArt DA Adopts CS Adopts

Completed my entire wishlist on 2/5/2024! :D

LavenderRain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LavenderRain » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:12 pm

Extra res in case I decide to add more 🤷‍♀️
Adult ▪ Female ▪ Married ▪ Image▪ Christian ▪ Sept. 14th ▪ Artist
Toyhouse DeviantArt DA Adopts CS Adopts

Completed my entire wishlist on 2/5/2024! :D

LavenderRain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby selkirks » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:13 pm

id be so interested. i like this concept sm
selkirks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleMaple » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:15 pm

I would participate so hard. Explodes /pos

(If i posted too early plssss lmk <3)
    maple moment
    call me maple!
    artist, poet, goober
    i <3 warrior cats
    ──────────────────
    the poptart! 🍩
    ──────────────────
    ImageImage
    ──────────────────
    Aetherclan SSG TPO
    SVBs TRMK (HAWKC)
    ──────────────────
    lower the bar cus'
    i'm choking on stardust
LittleMaple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Error » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:36 pm

This is such a fun idea! I might be able to do the lines and BGs for you? Check out my gallery and then PM if interested!
Error

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kijauni » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:51 am

I'd be incredible interested! I absolutely love how you try to focus especially on the Community! :3 Only thing I'd be a bit iffy on is that you have sooo many ideas, that it sounds like you are going to overwhelm yourself super quickly. Maybe start a bit slower but have more endurance for the marathon then :3

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

She/Her ◆ Member since 2010 ◆ IRL Busy
Dreaming off a full Pet + Item Collection
Pet WL before Hiatus: 12 pages; Pet WL after Hiatus: 46 pages
Item WL before Hiatus: 3 pages; Item WL after Hiatus: 10 pages
Find Me On ➸ LorWolf ➸ FRPfQ ➸ WD ➸ LD ➸ DV

Trade ThreadCollection ThreadOffsite Thread©

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
kijauni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eleya » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:48 pm

That sounds so amazing. Id love to be part of this <3
Especially love the ideas for those different jobs. Cause even if you dont have that much time, you can still become a part of it.
I also love the idea of mixing species gens. Like a tabby pony or a dark sable kitten <3
Eleya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me