Postby kageyenova » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:31 pm

i lie one more

MUTANT Kibby!
      [ m ] two sets of antennae
      [ m ] longer / sharp antennae
      [ m ] small wings
      [ b ] shorter tail
      [ b ] sclera color

using this kibby's color palette, design what its favorite fruit looks like!
      it does not have to be an existing fruit with different colors on top of it, try to come up with your own thing :>
      feel free to describe how it tastes, where it grows, its scarcity, etc.!

hex codes
      ▣ #1d1e24
      ▣ #f8fef3
      ▣ #d913d0
      ▣ #b747e4
      ▣ #8a9af4
      ▣ #57ddfc

this will close in four days ^^
    02/01/24 @ 11:30pst
Last edited by kageyenova on Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
hi im kage.
kageyenova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kibbies | 010

Postby Loelya » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:45 pm

Username: Loelya
Prompt:

Sapaoya Fruit

The sapaoya fruit is notable for its two-toned sections, each with a distinct flavor and texture. The white flesh within the crown of the fruit is very firm with a custard-like flavor, and is encased in a woody shell reminiscent of an acorn cap. The tapered, spotted end of the fruit is very soft and juicy when ripe and has a complex sweet-tart taste, similar to that of a plum.

It can be eaten raw after pulling off the cap, though the white part of the flesh can be difficult to chew, and is more often roasted to a softened state and eaten with a spoon. Some preparations of the fruit involve slicing and steaming the purple endocarp and dipping the slices into the baked and mashed white flesh, using the shell as a bowl.

The sapaoya vine blossoms in the summer and ripens in the fall, making it a popular autumn treat once other foraging staples have begun to wither in the colder weather. It's a shade-loving plant, and tends to grow around the bases of large forest trees, especially in low areas where water collects in damp soil.

Despite its popularity, it has a poor shelf life and cannot typically be found in markets. Most sapaoya enthusiasts must either collect their own fruit, or can commission other foragers, as the sapaoya vine often grows in the same conditions that foster fungi and can be collected along with several edible varieties of oyster mushrooms.
Last edited by Loelya on Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlazzingWolf » Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:46 pm

This is totally my colour scheme!
BlazzingWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cinerious » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:11 pm

Mark!
★ ☆ ★ fighting burnout <3 ★ ☆ ★
★ ☆ ★ cin/daphne | star/stars/starself ★ ☆ ★
★ ☆ ★ UMA Storages ★ ☆ ★

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
cinerious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JaxyTheGhost » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:12 am

Laveria
lah-veh-rhia
Kingdom: Plantae
Clade: Rosids
Order: Rosales
Family: Rosaceae
Subfamily: Amygdaloideae
Tribe: Maleae
Subtribe: Malinae
Genus: Veriales

Appearance
    From the outside the Laveria is a really strange looking fruit. It has a snowy white base color that's broken up with dark grey areas. The most eyecatching part of the Laveria, however, are the brightly colored swiggly stripes that run all over the fruit. These stripes actually glow in the dark.
    One of the most strange parts of the Laveria is that they don't have a stem. The surface of the Laveria is completely smooth with no bumps or ripples. As soon as you pick the fruit from the tree the whole where the stem would be closes up and leaves a perfectly smooth durface behind.
    The flesh of the Laveria has a bright cyan blue color with a lavender core. It's important to notice that the deep pink seeds of this fruit are alignet in the form of a happy smiley face

Etymology
    The word Laveria comes from the Lessischen word "Lerianus" which means "colorful" or "glowing" depending on context and "Vane" meaning "sweet". The fruit was named after it's unusual appearance and very sweet taste by the former palace cook and descoverer Remius Solares.

History
    Not much of the history of the Laveria.

Cultivation & Harvest
    The most cultivation of the Laveria is performed within the Queendom of Alessia. Everyone who want to cultivate and profit off of Laveria needs written approval of the royal court and has to undergo an investigation of legal conduct every half year.
    Laveria grows best in very sunny and hot areas with dry grounds and long days. If grown in wet or dark areas the Laveria will grow a ripples, bumpy, surface and becomes really bitter and slightly toxic upon ingestion.
    The best season to start growing your Laveria tree is summer. The tree needs long and hot days to grow fast and strong. When the Laveria fruit is ripe - which happens when the colorful stripes start glowing in the dark - it's best to leave it hanging until late Autumn. When the days grow shorter and rain starts to come more often it's time to harvest your Laveria fruit as to not let it become bitter and toxic.
JaxyTheGhost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:01 am

Markin
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jointedwishes » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:44 am

marrkkk
jointedwishes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squeegi » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:48 am

user squeegi
kibby name journey
prompt:

" S P L E N D R A - B E R R Y "
splendra-berry: a widely grown species of the genus Meliaria, cultivated by many and sought after for their mellow taste. it sports a hard exterior shell, bumpy in texture, similar to that of a lychee. the flesh inside the fruit is jelly-like and smooth, and is juicy, with a hint of tart sweetness. it is seeded, though there are seedless variations being developed through selective growing by many farmers.

cultivation and development
the splendra-berry is a product of deliberate cultivation efforts within the Meliaria genus. the initial hybridization of the berry involved the crossbreeding of the meliaria cultivar (the wild variation of the refined splendra-berry) and the modern-day hylocereus undatus, and resulted in a distinctive fruit that would later become known as the splendra-berry. over the years, selective breeding has played a crucial role in developing the fruit's well-known, unique characteristics. in the early stages of it's development for consumption, the fruit exhibited a subtle bitterness- with a hint of tart sweetness- and its texture was firm and spongy.

evolution and history

as agriculturalists selectively grew splendra-berry plants from their wild variation, meliaria cultivar, their focus shifted towards refining taste and eliminating seeds. through many generations and labor, the fruit's flavor profile evolved over time, becoming more nuanced and mellow, yet retaining its initial hint of tart sweetness. farmers used a variety of meticulous breeding techniques to enhance traits such as sweetness and juiciness; though, the unintentional result of this selective breeding ended with the fruit developing a thicker exterior, gaining it's trademark bumpy shell.

plant growth
the growth of the wild species of splendra-berry has a particularly interesting appearance. it grows from a psuedo-bush, with a prominent "head," where the fruit grows within. the plant has developed a fascinating method of keeping the berry safe from opportunistic predators; the firm plant-growth forms a cradle for the fruit, with hard, sharpened, lignin-rich material, providing a tooth-like protective casing around the berry until it reaches maturity. the appearance is similar to that of a venus flytrap, though the plant has no movement or flexibility. as the Splendra-Berry matures, the tooth-like structures gradually recede or naturally break away, revealing the fully developed fruit.

geographical distribution
splendra-berries are quite particular with their preferred environments; they can only grown in warm climates, where temperatures range from 70-85 degrees fahreinheit. the fruit requires consistent sunlight, as well as an arid environment. its roots have trouble clinging to traditional soil, and grow best in loose gravel or sand. regions with regular rainy seasons are a poor choice for the propogation of these fruits.

due to the lab-grown nature of the modern-day species of splendra-berry, they are not typically found in the wild naturally. however, the prolific consumption of these genetically spliced fruits have spread their mutated seeds to many different locations; of these seeds, few survive in the wild, and those that do have developed into several different variations that are less palatable than their lab-grown relatives, seemingly returning to a similar state of the wild meliaria cultivar they were derived from.
Last edited by squeegi on Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

x
ᴠᴇʟ​ ​✿ 🇸​​🇶​​🇺​​🇪​​🇪​​🇬​​🇮​
she/her | adult | artist
➤ hi! pms always open, i love to chat!
➤ love BLLK, JJK, MXTX, SCTIR
➤ sig and avatar art by me ♡

squeegi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crowthefrostyfloof » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:45 am

Mark!

𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬:
𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐝 (𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐨)

ImageImage
𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝:moonmist2963
。・:˚:✧。。✧:˚:・。
Kenobi is Star Wars ofc
𝐁𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐏𝐢𝐱𝐞𝐥 𝐛𝐲 𝐈𝐧𝐮𝐈𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐢 𝐨𝐧 𝐂𝐒

𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐰/𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐧
𝐇𝐞/𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐓 𝐄𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐭

𝑮𝒊𝒇𝒕 𝑨𝒓𝒕 𝑶𝒌𝒂𝒚!
crowthefrostyfloof

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tea... » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:03 am

Mark!
ImageArt Shop!I am doing commissions! Very slowly please be patient with me.
Please don't message me on cs unless you don't have a discord! Please message me on discord here at Tea.#1054
Teá. + 342434

Tea...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me