Artist Rondell [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 18 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Error

SHRAT

Postby Rondell » Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:54 pm

This is Honeydew - she is a Shrat. A hybrid of a shrimp... and a cat. The babies are called... Shrittens.

Enunciation is important.

As for history: Nearly ten years ago there was a little closed species that I was part of, but it died, and as far as I know no one involved with it is around anymore. So Honeydew is just a normal OC, and she's gathering dust along with her mate and kits because while I'm still fond of her, I just don't have any ideas as to what to DO with her.

I'd love to see your take!

Lore? Well. I don't remember the original species lore and I'm too lazy to look it up. My own personal head-cannon has been that there was a lab where folks were trying to genetically engineer the perfect fish to feed humanity - fast to reproduce, easy to feed, immune to disease, large, and packed with nutrients. To do this they were crossing up genes willy-nilly. Well... one of the technicians had a couple of cats who were prone to sleeping in the laundry basket, and quite by accident some of their fur got into the mix. Thus were born the first Shrats - surprising the bejeebers out everyone when they hatched from eggs that were supposed to contain nothing more than super-sized shrimp. Only slightly smaller than a normal feline, a few were kept as unofficial mascots by the scientists who had created them. But most escaped - and thrived. The Shrat species is, in fact... fast to reproduce, easy to feed, immune to disease, large, and packed with nutrients. Not... that... you'd EAT one...? Right...? RIGHT..?!

And I apologize if my drawing is a little wonky. I did it with a trac-pad, and I am NOT a trac-pad artist.

Honeydew's Toyhouse page.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit the Agglomeration!
(I.E. my characters...)

P.S - Happy holidays!!
Rondell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups