Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

⚝ The Oom From Outer Space ⚝ by rainbowpanda101

Based on Click to view
Artist rainbowpanda101 [gallery]
Time spent 7 hours, 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 14
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

⚝ The Oom From Outer Space ⚝

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:33 am

Main Page------News------Rules------Oom Traits------Colors/Patterns------Shop------Nursery------MYOs------FAQ------Discord------Artist Search

About the Oomogwoc wrote:
The Oomogwoc, known more commonly as the Oom,
are a species of sentient aliens who came here from Sarg,
a planet quite similar to Earth. These cow-like creatures have
been extremely interested in our domestic cows, and they are
the reason behind the whole alien abduction of cows hoax! They
never intended for us humans to be frightened of them, so they
have been trying to become friends with the human race and
have been trying to teach us about themselves!

Will you befriend an Oom and take them home?

Last edited by rainbowpanda101 on Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:39 am, edited 24 times in total.
rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⚝ The Oom From Outer Space ⚝ News ⚝

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:34 am

xxxxxxxx

xxxxxx
• 1/29/2023 - Finished set up! Grand opening will be here soon!

• 1/19/2023 --- This species is a work in progress!
xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxKeep an eye out for our grand opening!

TO DO:
- finalize the lineart
- add baby lineart for nursery
- finish coloring the background
- finish coding posts
- post additional threads

Last edited by rainbowpanda101 on Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⚝ The Oom From Outer Space ⚝ Staff ⚝

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:35 am

xxx

xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
Owner
rainbowpanda101

Artists
none

Moderators
none

Last edited by rainbowpanda101 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⚝ The Oom From Outer Space ⚝ Rules ⚝

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:35 am

GENERAL

• Members may save their Oomogwocs to their own Oekaki galleries but may not alter the images in any way.

• Please be respectful to everyone. Begging, bribery, whining, bullying, and harassment will not be tolerated here.

• Do not spam or double post. Take all chats to private messages. Saying "mark" is allowed, but please do so only once.

• Do not mini-mod. Please let the owner handle any misbehavior or answer any questions posted.

• Do not steal. The owner will not hesitate to report members if they are caught stealing.

• A single Oomogwoc may not be owned by more than one person at a time. This is to help deter drama among members.

• Oomogwocs can be showcased on other websites but must always be credited properly.

...- Please credit rainbowpanda101 for the species/lineart and the artist who made the design.

...- If posting to another website, such as toyhouse or deviantart, always link back to the main thread.

ADOPTS, TRADES, & GIFTS

• Members can own an unlimited number of Oomogwocs but should allow others to adopt if they have quite a few already.

• Oomogwocs can be sold, traded, or gifted. There are no restrictions on what Oomogwocs can be sold or traded for.

• Oomogwoc MYO Vouchers may be sold, traded, or gifted. There are no restrictions on what they can be sold or traded for.

• Members must post an update in the original thread of an Oomogwoc for a sale/trade/gift of that Oomogwoc to be valid.

...- The update needs to be posted by the current owner, indicating that they are passing ownership on to another member.

...- If a member neglects to do this, the sale/trade/gift will not be official and may cause issues later.

* Important Note * Make sure the update is on the first thread of the Oomogwoc, not one in another member's gallery.

• Members may hold re-adoption competitions to adopt out any Oomogwocs they own, any time after receiving them.

...- Once a winner is chosen, the owner needs to post an update stating that they are passing ownership.

• While members are welcome to sell their Oomogwocs, DO NOT use the species as a means to make a profit.

...- This means adopting and then immediately selling for any kind of currency in order to make money (real or online).

...- Members caught doing this regularly will be permanently banned from the game.

...- We put a lot of hard work into creating this species and do not want other people profiting off of us. Thank you.

OOMOGWOCS AS CHARACTERS

• Members are allowed to give their Oomogwocs any personalities, gender identity, sexualities, or other characteristics.

...- However, anything that could be classified as NSFW, offensive, or not child-friendly should not be posted.
    .....Members will be asked to remove such details on their Oomogwocs if they are too readily available to the public.

• Alternate Universes (AU) are allowed and encouraged. Please respect the AU of others if they choose to go this route.

• Owners may roleplay their Oomogwocs in any manner they please. Feel free to do so here on CS or other sites!

...- However, any roleplays that could be classified as NSFW, offensive, or not child-friendly should not be posted at all.

• Oomogwocs cannot be fursonas. Please do not ask to make an Oomogwoc a fursona.

BREEDING OOMOGWOCS

• Members may post one "Breeding Request" form per Nursery opening, whether it be Individual or Partners.

• A single Oomogwoc can only breed once per Nursery opening.

...- There are no restrictions on how many times an Oomogwoc can breed in total.

• Oomogwocs that are too closely related cannot be bred together. Please check the family trees of your Oomogwocs.

• Each breeding will produce 1 calf. Ownership of the calf goes to whoever posts the "Breeding Request" form.

• Calves cannot be bred until 1 month after they have been posted.

...- All calves are posted with a calf version & an adult version of the design so members do not have to "grow" them.

• When requesting a breeding, the Oomogwocs being bred must be owned by the members/partners requesting the breeding.

• Partner breeding requires the "Breeding Request - Partners" form AND the "Breeding Permission" form both be posted.

...- If the "Breeding Permission" form is not posted before the Nursery closes, the request will be voided and skipped.

• Members can only advertise for a breeding partner once per page in the Nursery.

...- Please take all breeding partner discussions to private message or the Discord.

MYO OOMOGWOCS

• Make Your Own (MYO) Oomogwocs are only available through MYO events and the use of MYO Vouchers.

...- Members should not make Oomogwocs outside of MYO events unless they own a MYO Voucher.

• The designs of Oomogwocs may not be based off reference images or pre-existing characters of any sort.

...- This includes any and all characters from all forms of media (literature, movies, etc.) as well as original characters.

...- Accessories may come from media (think cosplay clothes/weapons/etc.) but the design of the Oom itself may not.

• There are no restrictions on how many MYO Oomogwocs a person can own.

RULE BREAKING

• Any minor rule breaking will earn members strikes.
    Each minor offense will earn a member one strike.
    Strikes remain for 31 days and will be erased once the 31 days are up.

• Oomogwocs will never be forcefully taken from a member, even if they are banned for breaking the rules.
    Once an Oomogwoc is in someone's possession, it stays there until they decide to sell, trade, or gift it away.

• If a member receives 3 strikes in a single month, they will be banned for 3 months and will not be able to participate.
    This means they will not be able to adopt Oomogwocs, use MYO Vouchers, or participate in MYO events for 3 months.
    They will still be able to sell, trade, or gift any Oomogwocs already in their possession at the time of the ban.

• If a member is caught stealing (be it Ooms owned by others, a prompt entry, etc.) they will be permanently banned.
    This means they will not be able to adopt Oomogwocs, use MYO Vouchers, or participate in MYO events ever again.
    They will still be able to sell, trade, or gift any Oomogwocs already in their possession at the time of the ban.

• If a member is caught adopting Oomogwocs to make a profit on a regular basis, they will be permanently banned.
    This means they will not be able to adopt Oomogwocs, use MYO Vouchers, or participate in MYO events ever again.

Last edited by rainbowpanda101 on Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⚝ The Oom From Outer Space ⚝ Traits ⚝

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:36 am

GENERAL

xxxThe Oomogwoc, known more commonly as the Oom, are a species of sentient aliens who came here from Sarg, a planet quite similar to Earth. These cow-like creatures have been extremely interested in our domestic cows, and they are the reason behind the whole alien abduction of cows hoax! They never intended for us humans to be frightened of them, so they have been trying to become friends with the human race and have been trying to teach us about themselves!

xxxThis species has a vast array of shapes and sizes for their ears, eyes, noses, and tails, along with a variety of other features that make one Oom different from another. Both natural and unnatural colors are found in the Oom. Their patterns and markings can also vary greatly and may include spots, stripes, patches, blotches, dark points, brindle, and more.

xxxOne incredibly interesting thing about the Oom is that each of them are born with a Life Orb on the ends of their tails. These orbs are smooth to the touch and emit a soft, vibrating pulse when touched. The Oom use their Life Orbs to manipulate the world around them, from turning knobs to closing doors to levitating items. This is how the Oom were able to create their space craft! Their Orbs also allow them to communicate with other sentient species via telepathy.

xxxJust as no two Oomogwoc are alike, no two Life Orbs are exactly the same. They come in any color imaginable. Some are bigger. Some are smaller. Some are more oblong than round. When in use, a Life Orb will glow. The brighter the glow, the more energy the Oom is putting into their manipulation. For example, if an Oom were to pick up a huge boulder their Orb would glow much brighter than if they were trying to pick up a tiny pebble.

xxxxx
EARS

Oomogwocs can have ears of any shape or size.
This includes ears that look similar to other animals!

xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
EYES

Oomogwocs can have eyes of any shape or size.
Unless one is damaged, all Oom have a maximum of 2 eyes.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx
NOSES

Oomogwoc noses can vary in shape,
but they are always rounded and symmetrical.

xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
TAILS

Oomogwoc tails can vary in shape and length.
All Oom have a Life Sphere on the end of their tails.

OTHER

Oomogwoc have other additional features that can vary! These features include:

Teeth: 2 round "fangs" that can vary in length (no longer than just past the chin)
Eyebrows: 2 eyebrows, 1 above each eye, can vary in size & shape
Antenna: 2 antenna on forehead, can vary - thin & long to fuzzy & moth-like
Horns: 1 or 2 horns located on forehead, can vary in size/shape
Fur Length: longer fur, seen in small patches (head/legs/etc) or all over body
Claws: sharp claws, one on each front toe, can vary in length and thickness
Cloven Hooves: back hooves are cloven instead of having a single hoof
Scars/Missing Parts: scars/missing limbs/eyes/etc from bodily injury, CANNOT lose tail

Last edited by rainbowpanda101 on Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:39 pm, edited 12 times in total.
rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⚝ The Oom From Outer Space ⚝ Colors & Patterns ⚝

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:36 am

BASE COAT COLORS

The Oom have a vast array of base coat colors, both what we see as natural and unnatural for animals!
Their base coats also range in shades and hues, from light to dark and from pastel to bright.

These swatches are only to show an idea of what colors the Oom can have but is not limited to them.

ImagexxxxxImage

PATTERNS

The Oom can be seen with many patterns and markings! Basically, the options are endless.
Mix and match together things like spots, stripes, patches, blotches, dark points, brindle, and more!
Some Oom may be simple and natural while others may be more chaotic and detailed. Which do you prefer?

* IMPORTANT NOTE *

The only design requirement for the Oom is that the color of their irises and their Life Orb are the same.
This rule applies to all Oom, even those with different eye shapes or tail shapes. IRISES + ORB = SAME COLOR

Last edited by rainbowpanda101 on Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:37 pm, edited 10 times in total.
rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:37 am

ITEMS FOR SALE

Please check back later after our grand opening for Voucher sales!

MYO Voucher wrote:
use to create a Make Your Own Oomogwoc with any traits, colors, markings, and accessories
• must adhere to the allowed traits and colors/markings of the species

Price: 180 C$

PURCHASE FORM

Please post this form here in the main thread before sending a trade to rainbowpanda101.
Make sure to fill in your username where it says [your username] or the form will be invalid.

Code: Select all
[size=150][b][i]I want to purchase a MYO Voucher, please![/i][/b][/size]
[b]Username:[/b] [your username]
[size=150][b][i]Thank you![/i][/b][/size]

Last edited by rainbowpanda101 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:37 am

RESERVED
rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:38 am

Here is our stamp! Feel free to advertise us in your signature!

Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4934525][img]https://i.imgur.com/Ut6Vr4p.png[/img][/url]

Last edited by rainbowpanda101 on Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⚝ The Oom From Outer Space ⚝ FAQ ⚝

Postby rainbowpanda101 » Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:38 am

Q: Can I be an artist or moderator?
    A: The Oom from Outer Space will need artists and moderators. To apply as an artist, check the Artist Search when it goes up. To apply as a moderator, please private message rainbowpanda101 letting her know you'd like to help and why.

Q: How much is it to adopt an Oomogwoc?
    A: Regularly released Oomogwocs put up for adoption will be adoptable via FCFS (first come, first serve), prompt answering, free raffles, and occasionally auctions for C$ or USD. Just follow the directions in the first post of an available Oomogwoc to try out for it.

Q: How often can I adopt Oomogwocs?
    A: As of right now, there is no limit to how often you can adopt Oomogwocs. Please allow others a chance to adopt if you have quite a few already. If the owner notices certain people are adopting too often, a monthly adoption limit will be added. If an adoption limit is put in place, MYOs will not apply to it.

Q: How many Oomogwocs can I own in total?
    A: As of right now, there is no limit to how many Oomogwocs you can own. Please allow others a chance to adopt if you have quite a few already. If the owner notices certain people are adopting too many, a monthly adoption limit will be added. If an adoption limit is put in place, MYOs will not apply to it.

Q: What if I'm COPPA and want to adopt an Oomogwocs?
    A: COPPA posts do not appear in the Oekaki section of the forums until a moderator checks them. To allow COPPA members a chance at winning Oomogwocs, winners will not be awarded until at least 48 hours after the end date of an adopt. If a COPPA member's post appears after an Oomogwoc has already been awarded to another person, the winning decision will not be reversed. Please keep this in mind if you are a COPPA member and want to try out for Oomogwocs.

Q: What if I don't want my Oomogwocs anymore?
    A: If you have any Oomogwocs that you no longer want, you can put them up for re-adoption, sell or trade them away to someone else, or gift them to someone else. If none of these options appeal to you, you can private message rainbowpanda101 and request your Oomogwocs be put back up for adoption without your input.

Q: Can I sell/trade/gift my Oomogwocs with others?
    A: Yes! You can sell, trade, or gift your Oomogwocs. There are no restrictions on what Oomogwocs can be traded for. Trade for other Oomogwocs, for art, other species that allow trading, etc. Members must post all ownership changes in the main thread of an Oomogwoc for a sale/trade/gift to be made official. This is the only way ownership can be passed on from one member to another. If someone forgets to post an ownership change, proof will need to be provided to rainbowpanda101 by the new owner showing that the previous owner forgot to post an ownership change after an agreement was reached.

Q: Can we get custom Oomogwocs?
    A: Yes! Customs are known as Make Your Own (MYO) Oomogwocs. Occasionally, Make Your Own (MYO) events will open that will allow members to create 1 Oomogwoc for free during the duration of the event. Some events will allow for only un-edited Oomogwocs to be created, while others may allow for trait edits. There are also MYO Vouchers, which can be used to create a custom Oomogwoc at any time and can also be purchased with C$ in the Bizarre Bazaar.

Q: Can we breed our Oomogwocs?
    A: Yes! Occasionally, breeding events will open that will allow members to request an official Oom artist breed 2 of their Oomogwocs together and create 1 calf. The artists will creatively combine the colors and markings found on the parents to create a new design on the calf. The only restriction in breeding is that members cannot breed Oomogwocs that are too closely related, so please make sure to double check the family tree of your Oomogwocs before breeding them.

Q: Can only male and female Oomogwocs breed together?
    A: Nope. Breeding can happen between any two Oomogwocs, as long as they are not closely related already. Please make sure to double check the family tree of your Oomogwocs before breeding them.

Q: I'm looking for a breeding partner! Am I allowed to advertise that I am?
    A: Yes! Members can advertise for a breeding partner once per page in the Nursery. Please take all breeding partner discussions to private message. Partner discussions in any of the threads will be considered spam.

Q: Can I edit my Oomogwocs?
    A: No. You cannot alter an Oomogwoc's Oekaki image, but you may be added to the Oekaki thread in order to save a Oomogwoc to your gallery or to get a transparent/separate image.

Q: Is there a fan club for The Oom From Outer Space?
    A: A Fanclub thread will be posted for Oomogwocs eventually. Please do not post a Fanclub for us, as we will be posting one at a later date when we're ready for it.

Q: How do I gain access to the Discord?
    A: At the moment, we do not have a Discord set up for The Oom From Outer Space. Once one has been established, it will be announced and an invite link will be provided!

Q: I have a question that I don't want to ask in public. What should I do?
    A: If you have a question related to The Oom From Outer Space that you would rather not post publicly in the thread, you are welcome to private message rainbowpanda101 at any time. Her PMs are always open, and she checks them quite often so you will probably get a response within 1 to 3 days. However, if you do not get a response within 3 days, send your message again. Sometimes her inbox gets messy, so just keep trying until you get a response.

Last edited by rainbowpanda101 on Fri Feb 02, 2024 3:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.
rainbowpanda101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me