Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

laila updates by BornFromAshes

Artist BornFromAshes [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
55 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

laila updates

Postby BornFromAshes » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:59 am

new year,, new surprises in store for my hot lady (literally)
the in parentheses-quotations "bi" is because laila's still tepidly closeted, but rest assured she's very much in a relationship with seraphima~~

laila's got a particular set of issues stemming from a partially completed ritual that she used during her last months as a 19-year-old. that lovely little ritual she missed completing (it was partially obscured by paper overlapping, which she ignored during the whole process. easy to miss one key detail when you're frantic to help your family.. who weren't actually the people you thought they were) was supposed to relinquish her soul to a not-so-enthused devil down below, whose rather bent on getting her under lock-and-key

quite like adelrun, laila's transformation process has been long, but unlike adelrun's, it hasn't stopped. it's unsure how far the transformations will go, but it's safe to say every year she get a little more flammable.. and explosive

her burn scars are from not-a-new-year's fireworks display, in which laila became a bit of a living torch and blew out half of a town. unfortunately, rising from the ashes like a phoenix was taken a little too seriously that night..

nonetheless, other than some seriously shattered windows, broken doors and busted cars, no civilians were seriously hurt ~~ although it's for certain that some things are very different, and more eyes will be on laila soon.

currently designing a wizard fella who lives in the house above adelrun's .. house
she lives in his basement
and arlo came with the property too so
i'm working on it
designing muse is flailing
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: laila updates

Postby EpicratesPictus » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:18 pm

I honestly have no clue why, bur “arlo came with the property” reminded me of a book I used to read aloud to some of my younger relatives called “He Came with the Couch”.

Love Laila’s new look! The longer claws are new as well, correct?
EpicratesPictus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit.tears » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:29 pm

omg new banger lore drop?? +1 with the comment above, absolutely love those scars! the details are super cool :D

previously cinnaliz
any pronouns
just chillin' here tbh
toyhouse

sig art by me ^^
ImageImageImage
rabbit.tears

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BornFromAshes » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:30 pm

EpicratesPictus wrote:I honestly have no clue why, bur “arlo came with the property” reminded me of a book I used to read aloud to some of my younger relatives called “He Came with the Couch”.

Love Laila’s new look! The longer claws are new as well, correct?

AA pretty much, he's the monster in your closet, literally
poor wizard guy bought the house and there's a lich in the basement and a mummy in the attic. what could you do fdsgh lol

Yes, she's got longer claws, which are a fair bit darker than her previous state. new split tail (it was solid and gradiated red before, no blue differentiation nor flame vents!) and some extra scale plating~~ turning into a real living knight, eyy~!

rabbit.tears wrote:omg new banger lore drop?? +1 with the comment above, absolutely love those scars! the details are super cool :D

hhh honestly didn't expect people to be invested in my baby girl as much as they are!! it makes me very excited to get that wizard up and running.. and maybe a brief comic explaining some things

if i can make time through university, that is (": thank you so much <33

Ash/Ashie INFJ-A Artist
i've been burning incense, gone a little mad
trying to be religious, talking to the man
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups