Time spent 3 hours, 37 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
39 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

kalon #2208

Postby black water » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:37 am

edits wrote:[s] hair, shine
[c] fur

shoutout to anyone who knows what the marking on the face is based on

this kalon has a long history... naturally, they've got a lot of stuff to unpack with it. what's a habit they can't get rid of? why? limit of 600 words or one art piece!

this ends on january 19th @ 8pm EST!!

Code: Select all
    username + id:
    kalon name:
    prompt:

no hat vers

Last edited by black water on Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
x
x
x
x

baz, he/him || kals
ESFP
// sirbazicus ☄️🦋🌊
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
so stay with me
hold my hand
there's no need
to be brave

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
sig @ pawschamp
icon @ fūi

black water

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: kalon #2208

Postby Exitium » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:40 am

username + id: Exitium + 626371
kalon name: Castor 'Caz'
prompt:
Castor, also known as Caz, has a nasty habit of sharpening his claws to a sharp blade like point. He also chews on toothpicks constantly, clicking his mouth against it rhythmically. It's gotten to the point where his horses know when it's time to trot over, just because of the noise. He picked up the habit during dark days, and it's just stuck with him ever since. He's not proud of it, but it's become an obsessive habit of his. He can't shake it. It's like how some people bite their claws nervously, or shake their tails or ears out of habit when they're happy or itchy. (And yes, he says y'all, but he doesn't see this as a bad habit, or a habit at all. It's part of his vocabulary! He was born and raised in the south, after all. If anything, he thinks it's odd you DON'T say y'all or yall.)
Last edited by Exitium on Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
................exitium
.....discord: @mortemius

................Image

.............ImageImage

ImageImageImage
Exitium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yttd » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:41 am

username + id: yttd + 556694
      kalon name: chase
      prompt: the one thing chase can't get rid of... is saying y'all, and adjacent versions. being a cowboy might be a big part of his identity, but he doesn't want to be a stereotype... and yet, y'all is such a big part of his vocabulary that it regularly embarrasses him and makes him feel super conscious of the fact he says it. he's tried to replace the word in his vocab, but he always catches himself slipping up.
yttd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby outlaw. » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:23 am

Yk I have to mark
outlaw.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachpit » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:48 am

Mark, I love cowboys 😭😭💖
--------------------------
Image-----------------------------------------------------

she/they - bi
you guys are cool ily
valentines + lovecore obesessed
toyhouse - my kalons
discord - smittencupid
peachpit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mimu » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:28 am

username + id: Mimu+814628 | kalon name: Arthur
prompt:
Last edited by Mimu on Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

x
xx
Xx( ㅅ´ ˘ ` ) ── ★ ˙ ̟
Tinky | Artist | Adult
"I gave you all i had..."
xXXx✦ | Kals |
xxxxxArt credit !

Mimu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby freybugg » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:36 am

username + id: freybugg 415187
    kalon name: Harlan
    prompt:
xxHarlan has a bad habit of taking things to far.
xxHe's a social fella. He enjoys going out, talking to the locals, getting drinks and playing some card games. As someone who spends most of his days out in the country, sleeping lonely under the stars, its always a treat have entertaining company. And when someone happens to get rowdy, it just so happens he is quick to respond in kind. One of his great joys is a good argument, his sharp tongue turning it into a brawl, which is followed then by a quick flight from town. The rush of adrenaline, the calming feeling after he's let out some anger, always keeps him coming back to his old habits. His nature as a wanderer pairs with this perfectly, as he can easily roll into town, have some fun, then pack up and be gone the next morning, never to be seen again.
xxHowever, as the towns he hasn't made trouble are growing fewer, he has begun to return to a old haunts, and grows more and more reckless. While he tries to stay on the good side of the law as much as he can make himself, word of his nuisance behavior has begun to spread. his last fight was with fella with connections to the local sheriff, and that conflict has been chasing him all across the state. And while he may tend to be a runner, he was never all as sneaky as he likes to think himself. Modernity is a curse after all, at least to those like him. Sooner or later, Harlan gonna get himself caught up in something he can't run from, and he may just have to face the punishment his bad habit has brought him.
Last edited by freybugg on Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DACS CharactersToyhouse
Previously komodo. & ~RedWolf~
freybugg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby barbatos. » Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:36 pm

reusing concept for later
Last edited by barbatos. on Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
benny || he/they || adult || ♥ taken ♥
Image Image Image
ImageImage
my kalsavatar credit

i'm benny, and i'm a bit socially anxious but friendly!
i tend to stick to myself, but feel free to reach out! i don't bite!
my current interest is genshin impact, venti is the little blorbo from my shows
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
barbatos.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Infinitygalixy » Sat Jan 06, 2024 5:05 pm

username + id: Infinitygalixy 852716
kalon name: Clinton (Clint)
prompt:
-Clinton’s trinket habit-
Clint constantly finds himself low on space, because in every bag he owns, he finds little things he’s ‘borrowed,’ it’s not his fault that he’s sentimental, it’s in his nature, since he was young he’s never been able to shake his habit of collecting trinkets, a little figurine here, a few stones there, he can hardly remember when it began.
It was always a tradition for the sake of remembering, the people, the towns, the epic feats of vigilantism, and all the other little things he promised not to forget, so he devised this system of his, for every memory he wanted to keep, he would take one trinket for the memory, and eventually this system was so ingrained in him, that it became an unshakable habit.
Now to be completely fair, he’s always been very careful about this habit, he makes sure it’s nothing important or too expensive, just curios, but it’s certainly become quite the collection, his favorites including, a rusty locket from an old farmstead that took him in for a month, a piece of gravel from his first run from the law, and a fancy doily he nicked off a lady who saved his life a few years back.
It's well known to anyone who knows him that likes to admire his collection, though most of it is scattered around his various saddlebags and satchels, he constantly recounts the tales of his escapades and lost friends to anyone who will listen, often he ends up finding something to remember those recollections as well, it’s truly a never ending cycle for Clint, a habit far from being broken.
Last edited by Infinitygalixy on Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Howdy!

Very slowly working toward a full collection

Image Image Image
Infinitygalixy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby endless shelter;; » Sun Jan 07, 2024 12:38 am

username + id: endless shelter;; + 624211
kalon name: Aestaire
prompt: (will link extended piece to this post after comp is judged - to avoid any issues/accidental loopholing - since i had extra lil wording that i felt bad cutting down lol)
598 words

"Oh, heavens, you're askin' about that ol' tale again, huh? Alright, alright... The forest cult, right? Wha? Haven't told you about that one! Hah! Get ready, you old coots, yer in for a ride."

Aestaire was not a child with much to her name, nor was she one with someone able to tend to her. From a young age, she found herself risking life and limb for petty pennies and apparent treasures, often revealing to be a set up. Fortune did not often follow the young kalon, that was, until one of her attempts to seek what she was told was a pure gold bar, hidden deep within the forests, within an abandoned home.

Aestaire had nothing to lose, so she went for it.

She was not prepared for what was inside, which was oddly easy to enter, making her question if the gold was even there, and who was planted nearby. Yet, she still searched, she was still young, and so far managed to avoid heavy consequences. Under a particularly loose floorboard, she found it. Solid gold.

She had planned to leave, before yelling and a howl was heard in a distance. Someone was around, and they were storming through. Able to hear their steps growing ever louder, she hid herself amongst the rubble of the home. What entered was not fully wolf, nor fully kalon - it was a werebeast. They growled, knocking into tattered furniture before they suddenly stopped. A scent was caught. They snarled, stash stolen, and the scent left behind guided them towards her, about to reach between with claws and teeth-

Until they suddenly fell to the sound of a bang.

Aestaire held her breath as she watched a gruff, ruffled kalon blow away smoke - a gunslinger. He silently strode towards the body, inspecting it, before pushing it aside.

Unexpectedly, a deep, rumbling voice spoke as gently as it could manage, "You alright there? It's safe now. I won't bring ya any harm, I promise."

Against her better judgement, she peered out towards him. The kalon took a step back, "You found the treasure, didn't ya? Impressive. But what's a kid doing out here for something like that? ... You got anyone?"

She shook her head.

"Looking for a score to get yourself comfortable, then?"

She nodded.

"... Right. I get it, kid. Been there myself."

She stepped out, cautiously, curiously, "What do you mean?"

He knelt before continuing "It's a long story... One we could share if you'd be happy to leave here with me - doesn't seem you've got a place to go, am I right? Swear on my heart I'm not plannin' anything cruel with ya, you seem bright, kid, and someone like that I could use."

"... Are you kidnapping me?"

He stared, before bursting out with laughter, "No, no! Well... I suppose... Think of it this way, what do you say to me taking you as something of an... Employee, free to go whenever you please, but, you know, ya help me around?"

Aestaire contemplated, before nodding, and heading to him, "Sure. I keep my gold though."

"Of course, kid. Of course. Speakin' of which, what's yer name?"

"Aestaire."

"Fancy that. Come along then!"

"... This is nicer than the vampires."

"Hu-thewhat-"

"It's a long story, I'll tell you on the way."

"Sure better, missy!"

"Look, he taught me everything I needed, and how to get me out of the paranormal trouble I always seemed to get into. Getting into them... Honours him, in a way - hah! He's not dead! Death spat him back out. Don't ask. Actually, do. Let me tell you-"
Last edited by endless shelter;; on Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
x
SILVER for monsters...
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
x- hello! i'm endless shelter;; i do happen to
x- be a lil inactive on here, but i do still exist!
x- slavic mythology, vampires, the witcher, and
x- my ocs are my current interests!
x-
x-
x- saff/ronnie - she/her - aro-ace
x- toyhouse - kalons

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
xx... STEEL for humans.
endless shelter;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist