Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Fear. (MEOW WOLF art museum) by ItsAsher0

Artist ItsAsher0 [gallery]
Time spent 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Fear. (MEOW WOLF art museum)

Postby ItsAsher0 » Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:40 pm

I think I put this in the wrong forum.
I recently (today) went to MEOW WOLF at Area 15 in Las Vegas. Now; don’t get me wrong.. this place is SICK. This one was themed off Omega Mart. It’s like a huge art museum!
I would love to talk about MEOW WOLF experiences if anyone has gone! Let’s talk <3

Warning> Vent, liminal space themes, creepy
Image. I bought this hat for a whopping $38.
Truthfully; as amazing as this is, it was very flashy. I had to take a few breaks in specific rooms to get water or stop feeling nauseous. Which is new to me. I’ve never really gotten sick to dark rooms and flashing lights. It was a very interactive experience.
“ Meow Wolf is an American arts and entertainment company that creates large-scale interactive and immersive art installations. Shoppers can embark on a mission to explore the fictional corporate entity of Dramcorp and its mysterious operations. Hack into company computers, get privy to workplace gossip and follow the trail of shady, questionable business practices.“
Now.. Each meow wolf has a different theme. This 20,000 square foot disturbing and liminal based building was quite the craze. It was awesome, super cool looking.. $69 dollars a person and absolutely worth it.
What is so mind bending to me, is all these small kids running around this immersive place with smiles. Now sure dearly loved this place. It was awesome.
But one room.. which I won’t discuss, did creep me out. And I need advice. How do I stop being scared of something? This room dearly creeped me out. At first (it was a video I was watching, fake for the story) I didn’t really think of it creepy. I just thought it was super realistic and cool. But later on I started really thinking about it, the reality of the situation how one day it could exist. And yes.. that’s a stupid idea. But i really can’t stop thinking about it; the theme overall starting to scare me of this (fake) liminal immersive art museum. And I can’t help but notice how it actually scares me.
If anyone has tips or info PM me here or on discord (newasher0) or comment. I don’t have many people to talk to about this and it’s really getting to my head. 😭

Image <We walked through a freezer in the start of the theme in the omega mart- a trippy grocery store with distorted and weird groceries. Through the freezer it led to this large trippy area that had weird sounds and areas you could interact and look at to figure out the story.
Also my sister says I was up at night reaching for something. I don’t remember it at all. I don’t know how to feel about this. Also, can clothes smell like somewhere you went to?? Because they did. And I can’t get the scent off my shirt.
Apologies for the wait on art. My art is currently just distractions from mouth pain, can't focus too much on big art pieces, but I'll hopefully be able to soon! ^^

Asher. Gamer! . Asexual . Cxrrupt
He will never escape. You are next.
.Atticus. Storage. err... yeehaw. ©

Art by Plunch!
PFP by SHIFTING TENDONS!
ItsAsher0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups