Range Trotter #SG025 by Folmes

Based on Click to view
Artist Folmes [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #SG025

Postby Folmes » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:22 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Late adopt! To win, tell me about what gifts you got during this holiday season <3
    End Date: Wednesdays, December 27th

Username: green.
    Show Name: RWS Good In Goodbye
    Barn Name: Madison

Height: 14.2hh
    Eye Color: Fruit Cake
    Phenotype: Wildebeest Dun Sooty Extended Blood Bay Isabella Wild Dog Overo Crescent Moon with Birdcatcher Spots
    Genotype: Ee AAt Wdwd StySty ii Wdowdo Crmcrm +BC Spots
    - will always pass sooty
    - will always pass Isabella

- candy cane and lights may not pass in breedings
Last edited by Folmes on Thu May 09, 2024 10:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
rose kingdom (my characters)
my toyhou.se
✦ she/they ✦ adult ✦ er vet tech ✦ type 1 diabetic ✦
✦ artist for range trotters & skullies & sveldala walkers
♥ avatar by sleepyDandy
Folmes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #SG025

Postby BadgerBuddies » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:00 am

Username: BadgerBuddies
Show Name: Buddie’s Chocolate Pie
Barn Name: Pudding
Height: 13.1hh
Halter Color & Star or Bell: star, artists choice
Prompt: I got a squishmallow so YES win right there, as well as one other stuffed animal and two soft fuzzy blankets (all things I do not need more of but love getting more of lol). I got plenty of candies and snacks and gift cards too (Wawa gift card almost made me ascend to a higher plane of existence I love Wawa), all from my bf’s family. From my parents a couple weeks ago when we celebrated with them I got more baking stuff (again, always want and collect more but do not need and running out of room for). My parents also gave my and my bf money towards a vacation we have coming up in February! The funniest thing I got was a mermaid Barbie that my mom had in her closet since I was a little kid that I always wanted SO badly, but she was saving it as an emergency last minute gift in case she ever needed one when I was a kid. She never ended up giving it away and it’s been sitting in her closet for probably 20ish years, box never opened. After we saw the Barbie movie together the Dua Lipa/John Cena mermaid Barbies triggered the memory and I asked her if she still had it; not only did she still have it, after all these years she’s finally gifted it to me 😂
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Echo Revna » Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:54 am

Username: Echo Raven
Show Name: VE All I Need Will Be Mine If You Are Here
Barn Name: Kakashi
Height: 15 hh
Halter Color & Star or Bell: star, otherwise your choice
Prompt: A couple cute little crystal things, I recently sold my desk cause it was way too big, and I received a small bed desk to take its place, and a little moonstone braclet/anklet. And if my grandmother does what she normally does, I'll very likely end up with another coffee cup :lol: (I don't drink coffee lol)
Echo Revna

Postby heyheygirl101 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:21 am

Username: heyheygirl101
Show Name: LLE So This Is Christmas
Barn Name: Burl
Height: 14 hh
Halter Color & Star or Bell: Surprise colour with star please <3
Prompt: I got a bread maker, which I am very excited to try out once I have used up all my store bought bread. My mom and dad even got me a bread recipe book as well as the majority of the ingredients that it calls for so I will only need to go and grab milk and stuff like that for some of the breads... basically the common household ingredients that my parents assumed I have or usually have lol (Expect to see homemade bread fails in the discord in the next couple of weeks)

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝒞𝓇𝑜𝓌𝓁𝑒𝓎,
𝐼’𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉, 𝒹𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒, 𝓎𝑜𝓊’𝓇𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒶...

╔═════════════════════════╗
Hiya! I'm Heyhey <3
Pronouns are she/her and I am a proud bisexual Image
Trades are always open just may not always be accepted.
Links to my character storage below

╚═════════════════════════╝

𝒜𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉, 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉,
𝒯𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜𝓁𝑒
𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹, 𝓌𝒽𝓎 𝒹𝑜𝓃’𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊?
heyheygirl101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tyrant001 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:37 am

Username: Tyrant001
Show Name: Frau Perchta
Barn Name: Perchta
Height: 13.2hh
Halter Color & Star or Bell: Your choice, and silver star!
Prompt: My mother knows me too well, she gave me two of the most beautiful and perfect steaks I've ever seen in my entire life (hello last minute change of Yule dinner plans). I've gotten a bunch of beautiful cards with kind words on them for my collection of cards and cash here and there. I got some art of my stupid idiot horse son too from Shady!

𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚋𝚊𝚕
💚
💜 💛 ❤️
Stream The Dream Eaters, stan Alan Wake
Tyrant001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SeidenKaczka » Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:02 am

Username: SeidenKaczka
Show Name: Heart Memories
Barn Name: Heart
Height: 14.8hh
Halter Color & Star or Bell: Your choice of color, with a gold star
Prompt:
My husband got me a Psyduck figure for my collection, because I collect everything and anything about Psyduck so he's happy when he finds one I don't have yet!
My mother spoiled me with a printer to sell badges, cards and other kinds of art prints.
My brother got me a book from my favourite author, Bernard Werber.
But my favourite gift was given to me by my husband before we went to the Christmas party. He printed a photo of me with my father and my dog-son, in a nice frame, and wrote a beautiful letter. I was almost crying, it is such a beautiful gift. It is my second Christmas without my father, and my first Christmas without my dog. He knows I miss them so dearly, he knows nothing will ever feels the same without them, but he is so supportive ane caring. I'm so lucky to have him in my life. Just like I was so lucky to have a loving father and an amazing dog. This picture is staying on my bedside table now.

ImagexImagexxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Seiden ♦ French ♦ Adult
Wanting to buy art and characters.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
FBdAIgTH

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxImage
SeidenKaczka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Embergleam » Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:02 am

Username: Embergleam
Show Name: RRS Dunes in Winter
Barn Name: Bruneau
Height: 15.2 hh
Halter Color & Star or Bell: Artist's choice of color, gold bell
Prompt:
My family isn't big on Christmas presents, so my dad and I try to do 'Christmas experiences' instead. This year, that meant visiting the tallest sand dune complex in North America! We had the park almost completely to ourselves, and we had a blast hiking on dunes the size of small mountains. Here's a shot of one of the small dunes, compete with car for scale. (And yes, that's one of the small ones.)

This experience is doubly meaningful for me because I've developed some pretty significant neurological issues in the past few years. These days I use a walker to get around, and most trails aren't particularly accessible. Being able to go hiking again, even if it was only for half an hour, meant the world to me. It was a reminder that my mobility issues aren't the end-all be-all of who I am, and that's the best Christmas present I could've asked for.
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Astraela » Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:12 am

Username: Astraela
Show Name: FWR Christmas Fudge and Orange Balls
Barn Name: Fudge
Height: 14.3
Halter Color & Star or Bell: matching lights and star
Prompt: I was soo happy to recieve the set of books: Howl's moving castle, castle in the sky, and house of many ways! I also got Faefarm and Hogwarts legacy for my switch. And best of all I got a full week with my family!
I used to be laredo
Astraea's landing
My WME's
Image Image
Astraela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitbat » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:22 am

Username: fruitbat
Show Name: Fruit Cake
Barn Name: Sultana
Height: 14hh
Halter Color & Star or Bell: both artist choice, please :)
Prompt: My boss got me a lovely coconut scented body shop gift set- I've never owned anything from there so it's really exciting to have some high-quality products! My mum and grandparents paid for my car registration this year lmao. My brother and I got sibling tattoos, so he paid for mine and I paid for his. My parents got me a huge squishmallow, a new pajama set + eye mask, and two gorgeous wild gold rings.
There were some other things I got this year, but I don't want to seem materialistic. I would make rather talk about the gifts I got others and all the strategic planning that went into it, haha!
fruitbat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby green. » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:18 pm

Username: green.
Show Name: RWS Good In Goodbye
Barn Name: Madison
Height: 14.2hh
Halter Color & Star or Bell: artists choice
Prompt: i got two book sets,( the cursed prince and caraval) some converse (my first pair im so excited), a squishmellow, some clothes, 2 different sizeed stanleys (i love stainless steel water bottles but i only buy yetis so this is new), and some small things from my stocking! im very thankful
"Night falls
With gravity
The earth turns
From sanity"

L - they/them - est
x | x | x
l
u
n
a
r
green.