Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

The Carrion King by BornFromAshes

Artist BornFromAshes [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
32 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

The Carrion King

Postby BornFromAshes » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:21 am

i thought too much about creating a character with solid black eyes
and here he is

REAL SERIOUS QUESTION
would you guys participate in an "ask my characters" for my archdevils/related figures? I want to do some deep development with them but I find it hard to draw full scenes that encapsulate the particulars..
please let me know if you would!

lots of lore below, if you like to read~~

---

Cian Anwyn is a very olden individual from Celtic times. He was a druid to Morrigan, and was outcast from Ireland after it was evangelized. It was not necessarily because of his unwillingness to change, but his demonic appearance and heavy ties to death and darkness that he found it far easier to live outside Ireland than conforming to it. Plus, he wouldn't be a "real" myth to scare children, just a fictional one.

But he's very real. And though he has existed for many centuries, Cian has found that death is a persistent motif throughout the ages, and therefore he has been able to keep up with recent times through understanding ceremonial practices in death, burial, cremation, and resurrection. He's still considered a bogeyman to those who still remember the very old humanoid times in Ireland, but his appearance is much more accepted in modern days than those before.

Cian is a bound archdevil, which means he was born with a "shade" of an archdevil that lingered. Because of this, he had a connection to the supernatural realm and was elevated to a druidic status early on. Through a ritual, he was bound to his shade and his transformation began, which lead to the development of horns, feathers, black eyes and markings, and a shifting form which resembles a very monstrous magpie-creature, which can be considered a true "devil" form. He is the only known archdevil to have a fully devilish form that he can control autonomously.

Cian is a hot topic in government facilities, particularly because of his "immortality" and ability to predict death, as well as his deep supernatural roots and devil form. They've gotten very close to capturing him, but there are always circumstances that scramble the HBI's (humanoid bureau of investigation) plots.. it's not a good idea to mess with a goddess' direct ties to the mortal realm.

Cian is a vampire lord, the process having been part of the ritual for his bonding. The original "lord" that turned him has long been dead, having been hunted during the evangelization of Ireland. The old lord was not a good individual, of which Cian is aware and refuses to turn to those animalistic impulses unless out of desperation and fear.

Ash/Ashie INFJ-A Artist
i've been burning incense, gone a little mad
trying to be religious, talking to the man
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Carrion King

Postby Ucanthandleme » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:01 am

Yes! I always low your Q & A sessions about your characters, would definitely love to see it again!

☆-------☆
Credit: Toyhouse
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
☆-------------☆
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BornFromAshes » Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:27 am

Ucanthandleme wrote:Yes! I always low your Q & A sessions about your characters, would definitely love to see it again!

aaa and i love your questions.. thank you!! i've got to consider format now.. hehe <3

Ash/Ashie INFJ-A Artist
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ewie* » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:00 am

NECK BEARD 🫵/J/J
THE RENDERING IS SO PRETTY ASH!!!! ur such an art fiend! <333
ewie*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BornFromAshes » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:01 am

ewie* wrote:NECK BEARD 🫵/J/J
THE RENDERING IS SO PRETTY ASH!!!! ur such an art fiend! <333

ALL MY CHARACTERS ARE REDNECKS?? CANON??
sdghsdf thank you friend!!!! i'm an art goblin, gobblin it up babyy

Ash/Ashie INFJ-A Artist
╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
BornFromAshes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups