Stars #3228 by blkberry

Based on Click to view
Artist blkberry [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
20 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Stars #3228

Postby blkberry » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:38 pm

naming competition, but explain why/how they received their name!

Ends 11/24 at 6pm EST

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b] (Please link)
[b]Age:[/b] (1 year or above)
[b]Prompt:[/b]
x
Name:
Clan:
Description: cinnamon silver braided mink lynx point w unnatural eyes
Edits: (nr) expression, accessories, (c) eye shape, ear tuft, eyelashes, whiskers (uc) unnatural
eye colors, medium fur
Owner:
Last edited by blkberry on Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

xx⊱ everest xx⊱ adult xx⊱ she/her xxborn of the solstice

something important will go here later

credits avatar by -WanHeda- (cs) artwork by
Winelys11 (th) page decor by flaurity (da)

ImageImageImage
blkberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars #3228

Postby néktar » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:46 pm

Username: néktar
    Cat Name: mumbleberry
    Clan: shallowclan
    Prompt:
    as a kit he always had his mouth full when coming to his mother; feathers, moss, leaves, prey. always mumbling something excitedly to her with eyes the size of the moon. as he got older his excitement and curiosity only grew collecting different types of things, though his favorite things to collect were berries. after being taught to write poetry by his mentor he found the fruit extremely useful in replacement of ink, it also leaves the poetry smelling sweet or sour depending on the berry.
Last edited by néktar on Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crexmii » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:57 pm

Username: crexmii
Cat Name: rudeneja
Rank: medicine cat.. or is she (reincarnation of gaia/silly)
Clan: softclan
Prompt: somewhere, somehow. it was strange. but past memories were awoken, and gaia...no. not gaia.
then who? who am i?

the silver she-cat looked up and stared around. she seemed to be...nowhere.
and then the nothingness started shifting, and all around her a forest started to form.

where was she? who...
old memories rushed through her mind and came back to her. creations, births, and lives.
long-buried sins came back, and the guilt that weighed her down was on her shoulders once again.

"i'm supposed to be dead." the life goddess meowed, utter disbelief in her new body's violet eyes.

"i'm supposed to be dead." she kicked a stone, watching as it rolled into the river.
"i wonder if alora still remembers me. i wonder if any of them still remember me."

well. it looked like there was no way back to the afterlife now.
"fine. i guess i'm a mortal. until i die again."

gaia tested the body, lifting up a paw. "however, one certainly cannot live a life
with no name." the molly stared into the distance, examining the trees around her.

wandering aimlessly and quietly through the unknown forest, the braided she-cat
took in the sights and sounds of the forest. it looked like she would have to keep
on wandering until she found something. at least some inspiration for a good name.

a chill. what-
no. a breeze.

multicoloured leaves blew past her, letting themselves be carried by the wind
to who knew where. green, yellow, red and brown. four colours of leaves.
and in that moment, it came to her. she didn't exactly know
how, or why. but inspiration sparked.

the perfect name.
rudeneja.
meaning the way nature or the weather starts or begins to feel autumnal.

staring around her again, the leaves of the trees around her were starting to fall off,
and summer green leaves were already changing colours, from bright green, full of life,
to summer sun yellow, to the reds and browns of autumn.

yes. it was perfect.
from now on, she would no longer be called gaia. no more of the pain in her previous life.
no. she will start anew. and she will be called rudeneja.
Last edited by crexmii on Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:05 pm, edited 8 times in total.
crexmii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kyeza » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:58 pm

Username: galaxyy.
    Cat Name: amare
    Clan: the chasm
    Prompt:
      an ear-splitting yowl pierces the ever-silent expanse of trees, resounding off of the ancient oaks and vermillion-trimmed maples, startling a fledgling sparrow into a futile flutter. it cuts off in an instant, a knife slicing through the clamor.

soft paws glide soundlessly over the leaf-littered ground, a midday stroll through the woods interrupted by the nearby din. the figure pauses at the sudden lack of sound, hesitating, considering. with the crunch of dry leaves beneath gentle pawsteps, she turns, head lowered, and pads in the direction of the sound.

a clearing. the sun's determined rays filter through the canopy above, casting a deceptively mellow glow on the unpleasant scene ahead. "oh dear... what have we here?" a lilting voice questions, oddly composed in the face of the crimson-bathed grass and the tawny body in the midst of it all.

"a death most untimely," the feline observes regretfully, wading through a sea of blood-soaked foliage with intent. "we can't let such a lovely soul rot away so soon before its time, now can we?" she lets out a gentle sigh as she reaches the figure, a moment of mourn for a near-stranger, gone as quickly as it came. raising a paw, she reaches out and touches the figure's forehead, eyes glossing over in concentration.

the connection emanates an golden aura, sending sparks of light whirling into the air before they fizzle out, stars born and dead all in the blink of an eye. the bloodied grass rids itself of its sanguine paint, viridian once more, and grows tall with a flourish. it cloaks the felled figure in a woven blanket of verdure, enveloping, embracing. small flowers sprout forth, a rainbow of pastels, the result of an influx of magic.

a pause. the light begins to flicker and fade and the foliage stills. violet eyes reopen slowly, dazedly, head tilting with muddled, disoriented confusion.

"w-where..." she mumbles, only to be shushed by the feline in front of her, who is withdrawing her paw and sitting back on her haunches, bushy tail wrapped neatly around her paws.

"who- who are you..?"

a gentle smile. "nobody of importance. you may call me arvana. what is your name, love?"

"i.. i don't know," she answers after a moment, ears lowered, frantic befuddlement evident in her expression.

arvana shakes her head softly. "well that won't do, now will it?" dipping her head, she offers a paw to help the other up. the tawny tabby takes her outstretched paw, pulling herself to her feet. arvana's mild gaze sweeps over her figure, pondering. "how do you like amare?"

another pause. "what does that mean..?"

a feathered tail flicks, wrapping itself around the newly-reborn figure.

"to love."

——

little did this godling know, her savior—her patron goddess, the earth itself—was aware of more than she let on. she had peered into the threads of fate, the story woven into its diaphanous, gossamer-fine strands. one day, her little flower would stumble across someone none of them would see coming, someone with the power to manipulate those very threads, for good or for evil. love would, most certainly, play a key role in the tale from then on: its roots, the lengths one would go to for it, the toll it takes upon loss. yes, there was no doubt. this was meant to be her name. it was pre-destined. it was fated. it was her.
Last edited by kyeza on Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    ky xx she/they ♡

th | stars | fr | pce

it's 3:45 (AM!)
kyeza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goatmom » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:20 pm

Username: Goatmom
Cat Name: GrapeJelly
Clan: Grove Clan
Prompt:

GrapeJelly was the 1st barn cat to meet any Grove Clan cat. Her name was Grape at the time, having been named for the grape vines on the farm. However when the patrol of Warriors Introduced themselves with Warrior names she thought their names were silly and said hers was Grape Jelly. The name stuck and she never had the heart to tell them she was joking. As bonds between the Goat Barn and Grove Clan grew she ended up moving to Grove Clan as a Elder and mediator.
Goatmom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GhostxX » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:24 pm

Mark

Name: TosterStroodle
GhostxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:25 pm

Username: Knickknacks
Cat Name: Birchlight
Clan: knollclan
Prompt: [493 words]

The name 'birch' was an obvious choice to our parents- as the kit grew it became clear how well her pelt mirrored the pale-barked trees that took root in Knollclan's woods. This part of her name, at least, was a certainty.

The latter half, that she would receive upon adulthood- that was something she daydreamed about frequently in her youth. Perhaps it would be Birchstripe, further because of her patterning- naming her in her entirety for the way that she appeared. Perhaps Birchleaf, or Birchberry- this was a pretty one, and one of her favorites to consider- for her habit of lacing such odds and ends through her fur. But what use would such a name be, when she grew old and no longer had the dexterity to do so? This, she feared, was a name she would outgrow.

Perhaps Birchleap, for her quickness- but, again, she worried that she might not always be.

Birchgaze- but, no, it was not her eyes that were birch-colored, was it?

These musings consumed her for so much of her young life- preoccupied with what she might be, what sort of name she would leave behind, she lost sight of what she was, who she was, in the moment.

When enemies from the darker part of the wood came, however, she did not stumble, did not worry about what her legacy or name might be. There was no thought of earning a name in her head, as she charged into the claws of the yew's shadow. She fought, not for the sake of her name or even for herself- but for her home, for Finchpaw and Coppersight and even Rookstar- all those who had been harmed by this enemy.

And when the dust had settled and the enemies gone- Cindersnap, not yet Cinderstar, but the best thing they had in the wake of diaster- called her forward.

"Birchpaw." The last time she would hear that name.

"I know how you have longed for this day and dreaded it in equal measure, and it is not lightly that I perform this ceremony now.

"You fought bravely in the face of those who would destroy us, not as one trying to prove herself, but as one sacrificially defending her home and loved ones. For your bright spirit, and the way you pushed back against the dark- I would name you Birchlight, if you will accept it."

"I would." She knew without thinking about it, that this was right, that the name fit her like a second pelt. It was not one of her making or born of any daydream, but it was hers.

"Do you promise to uphold our codes, to serve and defend your clanmates, as they will also for you?

"I do."

"Then with the stars as my witness, in the sight of our clanmates, I name you Birchlight. Bear it well."

I will. She shut her eyes tightly, praying that she would. I'll do my best.
Last edited by Knickknacks on Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:48 pm

Username: Archaeopteryx.
Cat Name: Daystar
Clan: Enurian
Prompt: Daystar was born during an endless day weather event — an extended period on the island in which the sun never sets and never moves past its midday position. Despite the heat and constant sunlight, Daystar's parent had seen a distant star on the horizon, and named her kit after it. The day broke and the sun started to set just moments after.

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marz-With-A-Z » Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:06 pm

Username: Marz-Barz
Cat Name: Pale Sky after Dawn (Dawn)
Clan: CotDG
Prompt: wip,,,
ImageImageImage
ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇꜱ
ᴅᴍ ᴍᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴏʀ ᴏɴ ᴅɪꜱᴄʀᴏᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍɪꜱꜱɪᴏɴꜱ
ᴅɪꜱᴄʀᴏᴅ:
marz_with_a_z
ᴛᴏʏʜᴏᴜsᴇ
ꜰᴜʀʀʏ ᴘᴀᴡꜱ
ᴀʀᴛꜰɪɢʜᴛ

"ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟɪꜰᴇ ʜᴀꜱ ᴇɴᴅᴇᴅ, ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴇᴇᴍ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇɴᴛᴇᴅ
ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴀᴠᴇꜱɪᴅᴇ ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀꜱ ᴅɪᴇ
ɪ ᴄᴀʟʟ 'ᴇᴍ ʏᴏᴜʀꜱ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀʟʟ 'ᴇᴍ ᴍɪɴᴇ

ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴍᴀᴋᴇꜱ ꜱɪʟᴇɴᴄᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴇxᴘᴇʀɪᴇɴᴄᴇ
ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ'ꜱ ᴀ ᴍᴇꜱꜱᴀɢᴇ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇꜱ
ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟꜰ 'ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ

ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ᴛᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ ʙʟᴜᴇꜱ
ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ʙɪᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ
ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟ ɪᴛ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ɪɴ ᴀ ꜱᴏɴɢ"

ᴍᴀʀᴢ - ʜᴇ/ᴛʜᴇʏ - ᴄᴏʏᴏᴛᴇ
Marz-With-A-Z

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feverrr » Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:12 pm

Username: feverrr
Cat Name: bumblenose
Clan: cedarclan
Prompt: [1059 words]

it was a hushed dawn when this kit was born; a picturesque day at the end of leaf-fall. a delicate blend of blues and lavenders painted the sky, and each blade of grass bore glistening frost. she was the only one of her litter, with pale, striped fur that practically glowed in the morning light, which had barely begun to tiptoe across the horizon. her mother was overjoyed, to say the least, musing over potential names for such the angelic kit buried in her side, cowering away from the chill of the morning.

perhaps frostkit or morningkit, something to denote the circumstances of her birth. or maybe a name that described the kit's pelt, birchkit or fawnkit? the kit's mother, a molly known within her clan for her indecisiveness, spent the first week of the young feline's life contemplating the title she would provide her daughter. however, as the kit opened her eyes for the first time, her mother was presented with something that muddled the process further.

was the kit blind?

it certainly appeared so at first, with the kit continuing to move in the same stumbling way it had been with its eyes closed. this was swiftly disproved though, as the kit proved herself able to identify her mother out of all the cats that came and went. her movements continued to puzzle the other members of the clan, as the kit seemed to trip over her paws with nearly every step she took. her mother, not the least bit concerned by her kit's teetering gait, gleefully announced that she had finally decided upon a name.

"bumblekit!", she shared joyfully, receiving a few murmurs of uncertainty about the name being undignified in return.

bumblekit grew, never outgrowing her clumsy nature. her clanmates eventually concluded that while she was not blind, her vision was certainly not as sharp as most kits'. fortunately for bumblekit, she found a passion in medicine; her mother had long been concerned about her daughter's ability to defend herself if she went on to become a warrior. at 6 moons, bumblepaw entered her apprenticeships under the clan's medicine cat; a stern older tom.

this tom spent the first days of bumblepaw's apprenticeship concerned about her prospects. she struggled to identify even the most obvious of herbs he would show her, and the chance of becoming a healer without the ability to identify key ingredients was slim. he resigned himself to simply doing his best until it was obvious that no more could be done for the poor apprentice. that was until the tom was rummaging through his stored herbs on a brisk afternoon in the midst of newleaf.

"i found the yarrow you wanted for that warrior's cracked paw pads," babbled bumblepaw, through a mouthful of stems.

he turned, quizzically searching the den to see what the apprentice had found. to his surprise, bumblepaw was indeed clutching a bunch of distinctive, white umbel flowers in her jaw. "how did you know it was yarrow and not wild carrot?" the tom asked, with a raised brow. "smells different!", twittered bumblepaw, her voice muffled by the bunch of plants in her mouth. with this, the tom decided he may have found a way to at least teach the apprentice the basics.

however, as time went on, he realized bumblepaw's sense of smell was truly extraordinary. with her eyes closed, she was able to identify plants in a manner that even he was unable to. her skills only grew as the next moons passed, and her mentor soon decided she was fitting of the title medicine cat. bumblepaw was buzzing with restlessness as the ending of her time as an apprentice approached, equal parts exhilerated and frantic at the idea of receiving her full name.

after all, what was supposed to follow her prefix "bumble"? it wasn't exactly the most elegant name. bumblefoot would practically be humiliating. perhaps bumbleleaf, or bumbleberry to denote her talent for identifying the plants? she couldn't help but feel like all these names sounded silly. despite the occasional snickers from younger kits or apprentices at the inelegance of her name, she truly didn't mind it. but the idea of receiving a suffix suddenly alarmed her.

sooner than she imagined it would, the day of her ceremony had arrived. as she and her mentor reached the clan's sacred moonpool, nestled within a small cave a short way from the camp, bumblepaw shifted uncomfortably on her paws. standing beside the pool, which appeared practically opalescent as evening light filtered in through an opening above, her mentor tilted his head as he peered down at bumblepaw. the slight chill in the air that came with leaf-fall only agitated her nerves further.

"I, the medicine cat of cedarclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice."

bumblepaw held her breath, and struggled to listen along to the remainder of the stoic tom's speech. soon, he asked whether she could promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, and bumblepaw gulped; nearly dizzy with anticipation by this point.

"i do," she responded shakily.

"then by the powers of starclan, i give you your true name as a medicine cat. bumblepaw, from this moment on you will be known as bumblenose."

her mentor leaned to rest his head on the younger cat's head, but her mind was still racing as it tried to catch up with what the tom had shared. bumblenose. for a moment she was worried; was this name foolish? would her clanmates take her seriously with this as a title? quickly, though, she came to realize that she felt a twinge of pride in her chest when she thought of her new name. it was fitting; her talents lay with her marvelous sense of smell, and she was elated by this designation.

the molly went on to spend most of her days rummaging through the dense shrubbery at the perimeter of the clan's camp, searching for whatever plants had she caught the scent of. as the moons went on, bumblenose only became more proficient at her job. while immature apprentices continued to whisper jokes about her name, or her fur full of berries and twigs that she'd wandered into during searches for herbs, she truly didn't mind. she was delighted for this to be her namesake.
Last edited by feverrr on Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
feverrr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me