Range Trotter #HW085 by Embergleam

Based on Click to view
Artist Embergleam [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 20 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #HW085

Postby Embergleam » Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:09 am

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness. With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Fun fact: this trotter was actually the first I drew for this event. I just... kept forgetting to actually post them. >> Whoops!

This trotter's got a bit of a dragon theme going on. It's only natural that they hoard things like a dragon too! To win this trotter, tell me what they hoard and why. My favorite answer wins!

End Date: 10.30.23

Username: Pandora!
Show Name: OHS Into The Serpent's Lair
Barn Name: Basilisk

Height: 14.3 hh
Eye Color: Dragon's Ire, Fierce As Fire
Phenotype: Sooty wild bay bat wing dun bat wing overo spine poison spots
Genotype: EE A+a Dd Stysty BwdBwd BwoBwo Spnspn PoisPois

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter Color:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

Last edited by Embergleam on Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #HW085

Postby Pandora! » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:11 am

Show Name: OHS Into The Serpent's Liar
    Height: 14.3hh
    Halter Color: flame colors
    Prompt: Basilisk has a rather unusual hoard: he hoards hobbies! He doesn't really mean to, he's just interested in so many different things and has a habit of indulging in his latest interest while temporarily forgetting about the others... The cave he has laid claim to on the rocky shore of Camp Nightwing is filled top to bottom with piles and piles all all sorts of items that may look like utter nonsense to anyone else, but to Basilisk it's a beautiful work of art. There's not a lot of strict organization, most just vibes, but it all makes sense to Basilisk.

There's a whole pile of string instruments from a replica of the world's tiniest violin to a giant cello, a gold plated harp, a cherry red flying v electric guitar, an ancient looking lute, and a banjo with all its strings broken. An entire wing of the cave is dedicated to electronics from indestructible Nokia phones, a pink DS Lite that has bite marks on the stylus, a tangerine Apple iMac G3, an Xbox 360, a Nintendo 64 with a supposedly haunted copy of Majora's Mask, and what may or may not be alien technology. There's piles of baking and cooking utensils, a KitchenAid mixer, muffin tins, bunt pans, countless scribbled recipes from Bake Off, and a small mountain of mismatched tupperware.

There's giant piles of tangled yarn, crochet hooks, knitting needles, and sewing kits disguised as cookie tins. There's paints, brushes, half filled up sketchbooks, tablets without cords and pens without tablets. There's piles and piles of board game supplies, from Catan to Jenga to Candy Land. A mountain of books contains ancient poets, modern philosophers, TTRPG source materials, lectures, and even an IKEA instructional manual or two. Basilisk doesn't mind the mess, it really isn't a mess to him after all! He loves how his brain works, always excited for the next big thing, and loves his hoard of hobbies that he can always dip into whenever he pleases.
▐▌

Pandora!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Baobabel » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:02 am

Username: Baobabel
Show Name: Wings of Flight
Barn Name: Cuélebre
Height: 15hh
Halter Color: Matching Flames
Prompt:
This hoarding trotter collects wings! Her delicate collection is mostly comprised of insect wings. She's never harmed one herself, the wings she collects are from the already dead. Sometimes is just a single grasshopper wing left behind after being scavenged. Other times she finds a full-bodied dragonfly with their iridescent see-through wings. Cuélebre gets the most variety and color through moth and butterfly wings. It can be difficult to find them, let alone before they're completely destroyed by the environment. It takes a keen eye and many hours. So many species have such a short lifespan in the adult stage. Cuélebre feels that by collecting and displaying them, she's letting them live on a bit longer and honoring their short life through her appreciation She's redesigned her collection a few times. Sometimes sorting by type/species, or by size, or color, or even creating abstract art with them. She never tires of looking at all the intricate details of the wing structures.
Baobabel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:29 pm

Username: Queen Vivane
Show Name: Turn Away From This
Barn Name: Divine
Height: 15hh
Halter Color: Match flames
Prompt: So this may be a little odd but she actually hoards cookbooks! There are so many amazing things held within their pages, she can't make anything due to being a horse but if there was any possibility of being able to make things. She absolutely would go wild in a kitchen, cooking and baking until she ran out of supplies. Others might find such a hoard rather silly but Divineis driven to keep each one she finds. Even those with odd recipes from the past where the end product turns out to be rather vile, rather unsurprising from when you're trying to combine flavors that should not be combined. Spam fruit cups for instance, utterly disgusting and one of the biggest mistakes ever written in a cookbook.

Shelves and shelves full of cookbooks are kept in a special room. She's gone through each and every book multiple times and they're all just as interesting as when she first looked at them! Divine was very particular in her organization efforts, they are listed in alphabetical order as per title not by author. Anything with "the" as its starting word is listed under T, things are just easier that way.
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kijauni » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:22 am

Username: kijauni
Show Name: VEO's Drinking With The Living Death
Barn Name: Ghoul
Height: 13.3 hh
Halter Color: Based on the Flames <3
Prompt: Ghouls hoards comfy socks.
Now, let me explain. Or rather, let me remind you how comfy socks feel. Soft to the touch, softest to the foot. When you relax on the couch, how they hold your feetsies warm and cozy, making you able to just fully relax.
Well, and then please don't be surprised that Ghoul managed to pile up a stunning hoard of nearly 100 comfy socks. And he is wearing them too!

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

She/Her ◆ Member since 2010 ◆ IRL Busy
Dreaming off a full Pet + Item Collection
Pet WL before Hiatus: 12 pages; Pet WL after Hiatus: 46 pages
Item WL before Hiatus: 3 pages; Item WL after Hiatus: 10 pages
Find Me On ➸ LorWolf ➸ FRPfQ ➸ WD ➸ LD ➸ DV

Trade ThreadCollection ThreadOffsite Thread©

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆
kijauni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Embergleam » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:34 am

Pandora! wrote:

Show Name: OHS Into The Serpent's Liar
    Height: 14.3hh
    Halter Color: flame colors
    Prompt:
    -snip!-

Okay, that was just too clever, and way too relatable to boot. I've got more craft supplies tucked away than I care to admit, so... me too, Basilisk, me too. I'll get his halter fixed up now!

HMs to kijauni, Queen Viviane, and Baobabel for making my choice difficult! A trotter who cooks or loves socks or dead bugs' wings are all just delightful.
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me