Range Trotter #HW070 by Embergleam

Based on Click to view
Artist Embergleam [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #HW070

Postby Embergleam » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:42 am

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness. With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

I did say tomorrow wasn't looking good either. You will take my swoopies from my cold dead hands.

This trotter looks a bit like they came from someone's garden. It follows that they really enjoy fruits and vegetables! To win them, tell me their favorite fruit or veggie is, and why.

End Date: 10.24.23

Username: razzberry
Show Name: Till Forever Falls Apart
Barn Name: Citrine

Height: 14.3 hh
Eye Color: Harvest Moon
Phenotype: Extended buckskin jack o'lantern the moss mandarin chaetodon birdcatcher flowers
Genotype: EE Ara Crcr Jojo CtCt MdMd MssMss +Birdcatcher flowers

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Halter Color:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

Last edited by Embergleam on Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #HW070

Postby Chamrosh » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:54 am

Username: Chamrosh
    Show Name: Queen of the Pumpkin Patch
    Barn Name: Rebel
    Height: 14.2 hands
    Halter Color: A warm + dark sort of brown, fading into black
    Prompt: As soon as she's not allowed to have it, she wants it. She's broken out of her stable multiple times specifically to get into vegetable patches she was told not to eat things from the day before.
Chamrosh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BadgerBuddies » Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:07 am

Username: BadgerBuddies
Show Name: Buddie’s Hot Potato
Barn Name: Tater
Height: 14.1hh
Halter Color: artists choice!
Prompt: Tater is named after his excessive love of any and all things potato. Potatoes are arguably one of the most versatile veggies out there. You can have potatoes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and as a snack in many different forms. Many potato dishes are tied to significant holidays, such as latkes for Hanukkah or mashed potatoes for Thanksgiving being a staple. All potato dishes are comfort food, whether warm and inviting like potato soup, or cool and refreshing like potato salad. While it may not be the healthiest veggie, Tater doesn’t care and still loves eating his potato-based dishes!

(Bonus bc of how many times I typed out the word potato: lotr)
Last edited by BadgerBuddies on Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heyheygirl101 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:52 pm

Username: heyheygirl101
Show Name: LLE Twelfth Stroke of Midnight
Barn Name: Cinderella
Height: 13.1 hh
Halter Color: glass slipper
Prompt: Cinderella's favourite vegetables are fiddleheads, she absolutely adores the taste of them and the fact that they are only harvestable for 4 to 6 weeks out of an entire year, seems to only add to her desire to munch on them. Their crunchy texture and perfect mix of familiar flavours just makes them the best little treat every single year... speaking of which is it April yet? Cinderella can't wait until she gets to taste them again in just a few months.

𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌, 𝒞𝓇𝑜𝓌𝓁𝑒𝓎,
𝐼’𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝓌𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉, 𝒹𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒, 𝓎𝑜𝓊’𝓇𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒶...

╔═════════════════════════╗
Hiya! I'm Heyhey <3
Pronouns are she/her and I am a proud bisexual Image
Trades are always open just may not always be accepted.
Links to my character storage below

╚═════════════════════════╝

𝒜𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉, 𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉,
𝒯𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒽𝑜𝓁𝑒
𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹, 𝓌𝒽𝓎 𝒹𝑜𝓃’𝓉 𝓎𝑜𝓊?
heyheygirl101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitbat » Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:27 pm

Username: fruitbat
Show Name: Sunshine Finally Shows
Barn Name: Ray
Height: 14.4hh
Halter Color: artist choice!
Prompt: You see, ray is an extremely fussy eater and will only munch on foods that are red or purple! Although she eats things like apples, pomegranates, and cabbage, her all-time favourite is grapes! There are so many ways to eat the humble grape, which is why Ray loves them. You can freeze them for a refreshing sweet treat, dry them out to make oddly juicy sultanas, and even cure them in a heated sugar syrup to make glacé grapes! She will only eat the red seedless variety, however, which works out perfectly for her because they are much sweeter and crunchier than green grapes.
fruitbat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SeidenKaczka » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:56 am

Username: SeidenKaczka
Show Name: EG Linear Interpolation
Barn Name: Line
Height: 14.8hh
Halter Color: gold
Prompt: Line's favourite vegetables are lettuces. The reason is simple : there is a grumpy old woman in the village whose only hobbie is to grow lettuces in her garden. She doesn't talk to anyone and doesn't like anyone, human or animal. Her only sympathy goes to her vegetables. She will spend days and weeks tending for them, handpicking all the parasites that might harm them, always making sure they have the right amount of water and the best soil. She cares for her lettuces with such love to ensure they grow big without beaing eaten by bugs, and will then have a feast of them when it is time to harvest. But Line is a bit of a jackass, and he loves to slip into the old lady's garden during the night to eat as many lettuces as he can. She is now expecting him, and will often stays at the windows for hours until late in the night, bursting out yelling like crazy when she spots the lettuce-eater. Line will then run away, but only to come back a few nights later. The old lady will do her best to watch over her salads but, being just human, she will fall asleep anyway, allowing the naughty horse to devour all of her beloved lettuces.

ImagexImagexxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Seiden ♦ French ♦ Adult
Wanting to buy art and characters.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
FBdAIgTH

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxImage
SeidenKaczka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby razzberry » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:27 am

Username: razzberry
    Show Name: Till Forever Falls Apart
    Barn Name: Citrine
    Height: 14.3 hh
    Halter Color: artist choice
    Prompt: Citrine's favorite vegetable is rather odd considering the variety of options but it is none other than the turnip. At first it was the shades of purple the bulb itself came in, often fading from light to dark for some, that caught her eye and pleased her immensely. Though it wasn't until she witnessed humans carving into the largest of the turnips that she discovered turnips were used to carve jack-o'-lantern's long before the pumpkin was! Citrine also really enjoys the taste of turnips, though she is partial to the smaller bulbs which often taste the sweetest, but the larger bulbs that are tough are what makes her mouth water.
trotters

"she wears her scars like her best attire. "

razz - she/her - pisces - ©

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

hi! feel free to call me razz if you'd like! i'm a dog mom
    of three and currently work in a vet clinic. i love animals,
    the outdoors, music and reptiles [dinos especially] and am
    a jurassic park diehard. if you ever want to chat my pm's
    are always open!
razzberry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Furrydogs12 » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:43 pm

Username: Furrydogs12
Show Name: The Light Of Halloween
Barn Name: Hallow
Height: 13.2 hh
Halter Color: Artist choice
Prompt: apples! They are extremely juicy and crunchy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
fαƖƖѕ ιη Ɩσνє

OηƖу α тяυє ωσƖf
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! My name is Furrydogs12, nice to meet you!
I am a roleplayer, student, and artist.
@linklinklink

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ωιтн тнє мσση
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Furrydogs12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandora! » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:58 am

Username: Pandora!
    Show Name: OHS Ghastly Gardener
    Barn Name: Nettle
    Height: 14.1hh
    Halter Color: gold to match the chaetodon
    Prompt: Nettle's favorite is the tomato! In Nettle's expert opinion, the humble tomato is the best of both worlds! Although botanically a tomato is actually a fruit (it's a berry!), culturally it is most often prepared like a vegetable. There's just something wonderful about a simple little plant that bucks convention without even trying! In addition to being a fruit outlaw, Nettle loves that tomatoes have so many different varieties, and have seemingly endless different ways to prepare and eat them. They are delicious raw or cooked in sauces, salsas, salads, and so much more. Tomatoes come in a variety of beautiful sizes and shapes, from the tiny humble cherry tomato to the gigantomo tomato which can grow bigger than two pounds each! They say that variety is the spice of life and Nettle whole heartedly agrees, and tomatoes in all their glory are a prime example of that. x

▐▌

Pandora!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Astraela » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:18 pm

Username: Astraela
Show Name: FWR From the Witch's Garden
Barn Name: Tendril
Height:12hh
Halter Color: gold and green
Prompt: Tendril's favorite vegetable(which is actually a fruit) is none other than a good ole pumpkin! There are just so many different ways to eat one pumpkin and then so many different kinds!! Not to mention ways to decorate with them. They are the gingerbread cookie/house of halloween! You can roast it, use it in a stew or soup, blend it up like mashed potatoes, and her 2 absolute favorite ways to use and eat pumpkin are roasted pumpkin seeds and Pumpkin pie!
I used to be laredo
Astraea's landing
My WME's
Image Image
Astraela

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me