Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

tell me that it is 'cause i'm tired of being useless by rem sleep

Artist rem sleep [gallery]
Time spent 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

tell me that it is 'cause i'm tired of being useless

Postby rem sleep » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:57 pm

oc-tober day 10 - palette challenge #1
      reminder, i'm using these prompts by bweirdart on tumblr for my OCtober drawings! :3

first day of palette week, weehaw! and i think we're finally caught up again! at some point i will actually do these on schedule instead of just random steven bombs of content, but that day is not today. i admit i added some hues so i could add dimension to my background and character, since the 7 colors I had just weren't gonna work for what i wanted to do without some shading/mixing/tweaking.
      this time it's my storkatten flauros! sad boy... or at least he was before cherubkatten fell from the sky and they started a cult together. whoops. he liked astrology a lot but his magic is life magic, which doesn't benefit from a study of stars, so he wasn't allowed to practice or study astrology. he started to sneak away to view the stars at night, and one night saw something (cherubkatten) fall from the sky. he ran back to tell his clan and nobody believed him, they ridiculed him for thinking a cat could fall out of the sky-- so he ran back to his spot to have his tears in private. that's this moment in my head. it's why i added little stars in the trees and the backdrop details >:3ccc dont worry about him tho guys this is just his tragic villain backstory //lh
      fr fr tho i love flauros, he's a wild guy but i enjoy him very much regardless of his questionable moral status <3

edit: im silly and posted this in the wrong oekaki category, i've submitted a request to move it, sorry about that! :' D
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery