Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Update + Free Download! by Loelya

Artist Loelya [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 19 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
50 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Update + Free Download!

Postby Loelya » Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:35 pm

hi there chicken smoothie! I'm here to let you know that you might see a version of my bracelet maker floating around on the interwebs for sale for real money dollars. this unfortunately is a stolen copy of it, and though I've done what i can to have it taken down, I can't necessarily control if it ends up reposted or circulated elsewhere.

I want to ask you to avoid buying it if you do see it! πŸ™ please accept this free version I've put together instead! ^^ this is a procreate version of the original, and it doesn't have the chicken smoothie beads anymore, but it does have 20+ more options for special beads/charms than it did previously and it has all of the same simple shapes & letter beads. it functions pretty much the same as the original, except it does need procreate to run.

I also wanted to let people know that even though my process in trying to get this all handled ended up being upsetting and frustrating, I did hear from CS staff again a little while after i put up some of my 'quitting' threads. one of the CS admins reached out to me and offered both some reassurances and an apology, saying that my ticket had been mishandled and assuring me that art theft is taken very seriously. this actually meant a lot to me, just on the principle of having communication opened again after feeling shut down, and to me, a lot of the confusion and hurt I'd been feeling over the incident was significantly repaired by this conversation.

nonetheless, I am still going to take a break from CS. :'] i'm still fairly devastated by the fact that something i made for free and for fun was so viciously ripped & sold, and also still a bit exhausted from the struggle to get things covered & repaired even though I know now that it was miscommunication and not carelessness.

I'm wrapping up a few loose ends here and there, but once I think I've got everything taken care of, I'll be turning on the "last seen online" clock on my profile and logging out, so others can see if I've checked in recently (or if not, how long it's been since I did last visit.) at the very least, I'll plan to be off CS until dec 18th, though I can't say for sure if I'll be active again at that point. if and when I do come back to be active again I'll probably post another lil oekaki notice. if you absolutely have to get in touch with me while I'm on hiatus, you can find me on TH at "Fihyn."

thank you again to those who've sent me sweet messages or comments, I've deeply appreciated every single one. I really hope y'all have fun with the new bracelet maker if you decide to check it out. c:

Last edited by Loelya on Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Update + Free Download!

Postby COOLDOGOOO » Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:43 pm

I’m super sorry to hear that, it is absolutely devastating. I really hope that it gets taken down soon, and if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know <3 I’ll always be here, and will welcome you back if and when you come back <3 Stay safe!
JUST CAME BACK FROM HIATUS !
Coming back after a hiatus! I didn't check my oekaki notifs, and had 1k+ unread. I don't have the time to check them all, unfortunately, so if there is something you'd like me to check/be aware of, please PM me! <33 I hope you understand! (art coms are still open, for USD only and considering c$)

my toyhouse <3

Check out Vidapup's free
sig pets
! <3

Please consider commissioning me; I appreciate it a lot! <3

had last 1426 oekaki
COOLDOGOOO

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleMaple » Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:45 pm

I'm sorry that you had to deal with that! I hope your break is all you need and more, have an amazing time and remember that we will be here for you whenever you return! We love you /platonic!!!
    maple moment
    call me maple!
    artist, poet, goober
    i <3 warrior cats
    ──────────────────
    the poptart! 🍩
    ──────────────────
    ImageImage
    ──────────────────
    Aetherclan SSG TPO
    SVBs TRMK (HAWKC)
    ──────────────────
    lower the bar cus'
    i'm choking on stardust
LittleMaple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madel » Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:33 pm

I’m so sorry this is happening to you, and I wish more could be done about it.
I hope the person who ripped off your work learns their lesson, profiting off of someone’s free to use work is just wrong in so many ways.
I’m glad they’re handling the ticket properly this time!
I’ll always be here to support your art, no matter what! Your editable drawings are so fun and creative

╔══════════════════════╗
Mads | He/It | Adult
✧ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯゚✧
Wildlife scientist working in
animal rehabilitation and
rescue. I'm often busy with
work but feel free to DM or
trade me regardless!
Always looking for
macaws, dragons, and wl pets.
Image Image
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:40 pm

I am so sorry. Art theft is my biggest fear. I'd need a break too.

I will collect some spare Halloween pets for you Q.Q trust <3 I'll send em your way 12/18
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RoxyTBDW » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:16 am

That's terrible that happened to you. We love the art you create and you still make free high-quality art for us. That's terrible someone ripped you off, and I hope that they realize their wrongdoing and never do it again. We all hope you feel better soon!
Reworking sig - She/they
Chicoon Hub

My interests change a lot...
RoxyTBDW

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:37 pm

Thank you everyone, I appreciate the support so much ~πŸ’œ
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:10 pm

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you.
It actually happens a lot, or at least art theft does. Someone on CS took my pup from a breeding and on CS tried to use my pup for someone else's breeding thing (they linked it as like another image, like when yoh click on something you can Open image in a new tab. They did that probably to avoid being found out, since an image can't be taken back to an Original link, like you can't go back to the original like that). Luckily, someone I know daw this. They contacted me and said "Hey, isn't this your character?" and I said "Yes," and we took care of it.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:18 pm

Spiritstar3 wrote:I'm sorry to hear that happened to you.
It actually happens a lot, or at least art theft does. Someone on CS took my pup from a breeding and on CS tried to use my pup for someone else's breeding thing (they linked it as like another image, like when yoh click on something you can Open image in a new tab. They did that probably to avoid being found out, since an image can't be taken back to an Original link, like you can't go back to the original like that). Luckily, someone I know daw this. They contacted me and said "Hey, isn't this your character?" and I said "Yes," and we took care of it.

that genuinely sucks and I am so sorry that happened to you. πŸ˜” it really is so thoughtless for someone to take something that doesn’t belong to them.

in the situation I encountered though, I wasn’t particularly shocked about the idea of art theft; I do realize that happens on the web, and quite frequently. what really bothered me in my circumstance is that the person who took the editable had to have opened the oekaki, gone through every single layer within the builder, copy every detail over exactly into a different program, and then package it all for sale on another platform (this was a complete procreate file, set up exactly the way my CS editable was). idk why it bothers me so much more that it feels different from just saving an image & running off with it but somehow it does. especially because my intentions were for it to be free for anyone to enjoy, and this person decided to sell the work I put into it.
ImageImage

adult || she/shey/they
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skittleswolf » Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:42 pm

So sorry this happened to you, thank you for all the wonderful art you have done.
No pressure to come back but would love to see you around again in the future. Take all the time you need. ❀️ <3
skittleswolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me