Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Sliowca Terrier Association by schizodog

Artist schizodog [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Sliowca Terrier Association

Postby schizodog » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:13 pm

Introducing the Sliowca Terrier

Breed Rules wrote:All CS Oekaki and Adoptable rules apply.
‣ You may only adopt two terriers per week.
‣ You may not sell your terrier(s) for real currency.
- offsite currency is fine.
‣ You must have kennel storage before adopting.
‣ Offsite storage must link back to this thread.
‣ Banned users must relinquish their
terrier(s) back to the breed owner (schizodog).
Index wrote:‣ Guidelines and Archive Link ➼ you are here!
History and Breed Development
Standard
Titling and Working Program
‣ [url]Breeding[/url]
Forms

Agreement wrote:by purchasing or adopting a Sliowca Terrier you agree to adhere to the above guidelines

Archive wrote:Linked Here
Here you will find all currently posted terriers and their owners. To update a terrier's owner please post a comment with a completed terrier owner change form filled out to the main thread.

To do:
- Breeding
- Discord
Last edited by schizodog on Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:35 pm, edited 21 times in total.
schizodog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

History and Breed Development

Postby schizodog » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:13 pm

History
The Sliowca Terrier originated from Poland for the beginning of its development as a flushing terrier with a natural retrieve. The breed's founder wanted a terrier with enough grit to catch or flush fur bearing game and invasive species, but have the biddable nature of a spaniel. What he created was the foundation of an amazing hunting dog that would be incredibly versatile. They'd gained a small following in Poland and in America tracking their development as a breed. Sadly, the founder became very ill before getting the breed to its full potential, and ended up passing on the creation of the breed to a dear friend in America.
The American stayed true to the original creator's vision, adding only biddable and hardy working dogs into the breed through out-crossing before closing the stud books many years later. Now there is a good sized population of these dogs mainly in the Southern United States used as an all-purpose hunting dog. The breed's founder hoped to see them throughout the world being used on all kinds of game, and the breed's enthusiasts hope to make that vision true.

Breed Development
Originally developed through crossing working terriers and Cocker Spaniels, more breeds became needed in the program to keep the founder's vision. The following working splits of these breeds have been used to create the Sliowca Terrier:
‣ Lakeland Terrier
‣ Cocker Spaniel
‣ Patterdale Terrier
‣ French Brittany
‣ Beagle
‣ Mountain Feist
‣ Whippet
‣ Staffordshire Bull Terrier

The Sliowca Terrier is suitable for most types of game; whether they must go to ground or chase above ground, these little hunters are quite good at their job. As they've been bred in America hunters have picked them up as trapping companions, for driven hunts, and flushing small and upland game. They're also suitable for conformation work and some dog sports. They are quite intense little dogs though and are not suitable as pets who don't have a job.

Last edited by schizodog on Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
schizodog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Standard

Postby schizodog » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:14 pm

Breed Standard wrote:
Temperament

The Sliowca Terrier is a brave and fierce dog, not shying from game or a challenge. It is alert with cheerful disposition towards its master. Aloof with other dogs, but able to run in a pack during a hunt. Confidence is a pure marker of the breed, and a shy or nervous Sliowca Terrier should be dismissed from competition.

General Appearance

Sturdy and lithe, the terrier has a watchful eye- always on the lookout for its next move. Standing 12"-15" at the withers, the dog should be presented in working condition and coat.

Head

The Sliowca Terrier's skull is fairly long, and slightly domed at the occiput. Balanced and proportioned to the body, with a slight stop. Broadly muzzled that is slightly longer than the skull. The nose is black, and the cheeks are strong and well muscled.

Eyes

Oval and well set apart, set squarely in the skull. Rims are black in most dogs, with the exception of being dark brown in liver dogs. Brown or hazel in color.
Disqualifications: Blue eyes or heterochromia.

Ears

Short, triangular-shaped ears set high on the head, above the level of the eyes. The ears are covered with wirey hair and have little fringe.

Mouth

Strong teeth in a scissor or level bite. Tongue and lips are black or a shade of dark blue, with gums typically mottled.

Neck

Clean and muscular, of good length, gradually widening at the shoulders. Well coated to protect from elements.

Forequarters

The shoulders are sloping, with the blades flat and smoothly fitting. The shoulder blade and upper arm are approximately equal in length.

Body

The chest is deep, but not so wide as to interfere with foreleg action nor so narrow as to cause the front to appear narrow or pinched. The brisket reaches to the elbow, sloping gradually to a moderate tuck-up. The neckline blends into the shoulder and backline in a smooth curve. The topline slopes very slightly toward the gently rounded croup. Should exhibit well-sprung ribs.

Hindquarters

Strong and well put together, the hips have good angulation and give adequate propulsion. Hocks must be straight.
Disqualifications: Weak hips.

Feet

Cat-like in appearance, well-padded at the bottom. Pads are not visible from the side, as they are covered by fur obstructing them.

Tail

Tail is carried high when in movement, and moves gaily. Typically long enough to grab but does not exceed 5 inches in length, and very well-feathered.

Coat

Wirey and broken in length, but not sparse. Coat is harsh and endures weather and elements very well. Coat is not long enough to mat.

Color

Various colors are acceptable, whether they be solid, ticked, roan, or tan point.
Disqualifications: Merle, spotted.

Gait

Powerful and smooth, the topline remains much the same whether in motion or standing still. They move in a straight line with width between the front and rear legs that is appropriate to build and gait.

Notes
Scars and healed wounds should not be faulted if they are related to the working ability of the terrier.
Disqualifications: Wooly or smooth coat, weak or incorrect bite, viciousness or extreme shyness, albinism, deviations from height.
Last edited by schizodog on Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
schizodog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Titling and Wroking Program

Postby schizodog » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:14 pm

Certificate and Title Program Rules wrote:‣ Dogs must be tested alone unless it is a group sport.
‣ Dogs must be at least 2 years of age before completing any titles.
‣ Training images do not count towards titles.
‣ Titles and certificate applications must be drawn.
‣ All art must be clear, no blobs of color.
‣ One headshot is allowed per titleset, the rest must be fullbody.
‣ Certificate images are judged by effort, titles are judged by
completion.
‣ All art must be original; no bases, reused lineart, and no tracing.
‣ Commissioned art is alright for titles and certificates.
‣ Art must contain 3 background elements and
something pertaining to the title/certificate.
‣ Dogs must wear cut collar for all certificates.
‣ Indicate either on the drawing or in the
description of the drawing what title or
certificate your dog is applying for.
‣ If art contains depiction of sensitive content please label it with
a proper trigger warning.
‣ Certificate images must be fullbody.
‣ Please submit title and certificate applications on the main thread.
Working Certificate wrote:
Working Certificate (WC)

Dog must track and either flush, bay, or catch approved quarry from underground. The goal of this certificate is to prove a working go to ground dog. Dog must work alone with little encouragement from their master, and once the quarry is dispatched the dog must retrieve it for the master.
Approved quarry: Fox (red or grey), Raccoon, Raccoon Dog, Groundhog, Badger, aggressive Opossum, Armadillo, or Nutria.
Hunting Certificate wrote:
Hunting Certificate (HC)

Dog must track and either flush, bay, or catch approved quarry above ground. The goal of this certificate is to prove a working above ground hunter. Dog must work alone with little encouragement to hunt from their master, and once the quarry is dispatched it must retrieve it for its master. Dogs must maintain enough control to not endanger themselves, while holding or flushing the quarry to its master.
Approved quarry: Squirrel, Fox (red or grey), Raccoon, Raccoon Dog, aggressive Opossum, Groundhog, Nutria, Badger, Armadillo, Rabbit, Muskrat, Mongoose, Feral Pig, or Upland Birds (only to be flushed).
Appropriate Sporting Titlesets wrote:
Blood Tracking

UBTA - UBTI - UBTII

Dog must track and locate a dispatched animal. As the titles progress the tracks get harder.

Canicross

CCN - CCI - CCM

Pair or single. Dog(s) must lead their handler through a cross country course. Courses get increasingly longer as titles progress.

Earthdog

JS - SE - ME - EE

Dog must go into a series of tunnels to bay a rat separated in a cage. Tunnels get increasingly harder as the titles progress.

Hunting Retriever

JHR - SHR - MHR

Dog must retrieve dispatched game on land and through water. Retrieves get increasingly harder as titles progress.

Nosework

NW1 - NW2 - NW3 - NW3E

Dog must alert to different scents within boxes. Scents are sometimes hidden and must be discriminated against. Discrimination becomes harder as titles progress.

Deer Driving

DDJ - DDS - DDM - DDEX

Pair or single. Dog(s) must flush deer towards or past hunters that dispatch said deer.

Tracking

TD - TDX - CT

Dog must track a given scent across terrain. Tracks get harder as titles progress.

Shed Hunting

JRSHTR - SRSHTR - MRSHTR

Dog must find shed antler(s) of mule, red, roe, blacktail, or whitetail deer and retrieve them. Moose antlers are allowed to be found, but dog will alert to its presence- not retrieve it. Hunts become increasingly harder as titles progress.

Obedience

CD - CDX - UD - UDX - OTCh

Dog will complete an obedience course with their handler. Courses get more difficult as titles progress.

Agility

AN - AI - Ach

Dog must complete an agility course within an alloted amount of time. Courses get harder as titles progress.

Last edited by schizodog on Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:23 pm, edited 7 times in total.
schizodog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Breeding

Postby schizodog » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:15 pm

schizodog wrote:coming soon!
Last edited by schizodog on Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
schizodog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Notes

Archive Forms wrote:
Please fill out these forms and post them to the main thread.

Terrier Owner Change Form

Code: Select all
Username: (please link to your profile)
New Owner's Username: (please link to their profile)
Link to Dog's Adoption Page:

Tile and Certificate Forms wrote:
Only fill out one form per certificate/titleset. Each titleset and certificate must be submitted separately.

Certificate Completion

Username:
Certificate Wanted:
Link to Entry:

Title Completion

Username:
Titleset Completed:
Link to Entries:

Adoption Forms wrote:
Artists may copy and paste these onto adoptable terriers' pages, feel free to edit them to suit the competition or make new ones following the same guidelines.

Dog Info Form: artists must have this form completed on every dog's adoption page!

Registered Name:
Call Name:
Sex:

Height:
Weight:

Generation:
Genotype:
Phenotype:

FCFS Form:

[b][center]I'd like to adopt them please![/center][/b]
Username:
Link to Kennel Storage:

Draw to Adopt Form:

I'd like to adopt them please!
Username:
Link to Kennel Storage
Entry:

Name Competition Form:

I'd like to adopt them please!
Username:
Link to Kennel Storage
Registered/Call Name:

Last edited by schizodog on Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
schizodog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sliowca Terrier Association

schizodog wrote:reserved
Last edited by schizodog on Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Hound
Adult | They/It | Artist
my carrd
I am currently not taking commissions!
I am mostly on cs for the pets that mean a lot to me, whether they be nostalgic, look like pets of mine, etc. I am also on here to support other artists! Feel free to DM me about anything relevant to my art or pets, I'm an open book!

schizodog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby schizodog » Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:37 pm

Open for posting!
I'm Hound
Adult | They/It | Artist
my carrd
I am currently not taking commissions!
I am mostly on cs for the pets that mean a lot to me, whether they be nostalgic, look like pets of mine, etc. I am also on here to support other artists! Feel free to DM me about anything relevant to my art or pets, I'm an open book!

schizodog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Berenice. » Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:57 pm

mark!
Berenice.