Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

happy birthday to my beloved friend <33 by Kayara

Artist Kayara [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 8
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

happy birthday to my beloved friend <33

Postby Kayara » Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:32 pm

WOOO I DID IT, same day babyyyy
er at least in my time zone 😌
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO @Electronia !!! linked in my sig -v-
This was my vishawn for this year, I hope you like it and that you've had a fabulous day so far but at the very least, know this
*smooshes your face between my hands gently* You are so precious and I love you- please find a way to eat lots of cake.

There's kind of a lot going on here so I'll explain some of it just in case; the different lighting while it looks funny is meant to represent the different time zones/parts of the world we're in. The birds are for some playfulness and how I call you 'little bird' sometimes because you remind me of a bird. Very gentle, yet free-spirited. <3
I’m Kay, and I’m fascinated with animals. If you can swallow pills, you're cooler than me. When I lurk, it's to chat with my friend or perhaps contribute to the oekaki boards ;]
other: pentecostal/apostolic, she/her|introvert/INFP-T|❤️❤️💖|TH|Art shop|pic credit
ImageImageImage
Kayara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: happy birthday to my beloved friend <33

Postby Electronia » Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:22 pm

So firstly I would have never thought of different lighting for different time zones, that is a detail I adore dearly.
Secondly, this is absolutely beautiful. The texture in the trees, me, us, the cute lil birds. You are immensly talented.
I want to add more when not on the phone but this is so stunning Kay. Thank you, it's precious and amazing and all of the personal details feel special.
Thirdly, vishawn.
Kyron - College Student - Adult
Slower replies - PMs set to friends only

God Bless
My best friend.
Electronia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥ mizu » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:07 pm

(i hope it's not weird to comment here)
kay this is gorgeous, my god. the colours are incredible <3 it's so serene and beautiful, you did an amazing job on this!! it's always such a treat to see your art in my oekaki feed :)
♥ mizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kayara » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:15 am

♥ vibrissae wrote:(i hope it's not weird to comment here)
kay this is gorgeous, my god. the colours are incredible <3 it's so serene and beautiful, you did an amazing job on this!! it's always such a treat to see your art in my oekaki feed :)

(Oh no, of course not, I’m very grateful for the feedback) 🫶

Bliss! :DD Thank you! I’m quite happy with the colors too, particularly on Nia’s side - the overlay brings out something that thankfully adds vibrancy to everything without loosing the softness of the sunset. Thank you so much <333
I’m Kay, and I’m fascinated with animals. If you can swallow pills, you're cooler than me. When I lurk, it's to chat with my friend or perhaps contribute to the oekaki boards ;]
other: pentecostal/apostolic, she/her|introvert/INFP-T|❤️❤️💖|TH|Art shop|pic credit
ImageImageImage
Kayara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kayara » Fri Sep 08, 2023 8:21 am

Electronia wrote:
So firstly I would have never thought of different lighting for different time zones, that is a detail I adore dearly.
Secondly, this is absolutely beautiful. The texture in the trees, me, us, the cute lil birds. You are immensly talented.
I want to add more when not on the phone but this is so stunning Kay. Thank you, it's precious and amazing and all of the personal details feel special.
Thirdly, vishawn.

yAY you deserve it, and nothing less but always more. I’m glad you like it <33 I’m pretty happy with the composition of this one, in the past I’ve worked with including things you liked which is great but here I didn’t want to add too much and instead give more to what the whole picture was saying by letting the space speak for itself. So basically more lighting work haha. xD Just let the atmosphere speak. It’s not ~pristine~ but I think it gets the point across of those details like you said <3 twas the vishawn-
ImageImageImage
Kayara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me