Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Beaumont Buffalo | Gene Creation Contest by Half Tree

Based on Click to view
Artist Half Tree [gallery]
Time spent 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Beaumont Buffalo | Gene Creation Contest

Postby Half Tree » Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:18 pm

This contest is open to everyone!

The launch of V2 will be coming up soon so I'm looking to run the first official boofs contest.

The premise is simple, create new features for beaumont buffalos. Those who are chosen will receive a custom buffalo with their created feature.

WHAT CAN THE FEATURES BE?
    - colour genetics
    - markings
    - colour mutations
    - horn styles
    - coat types
    - tails

You can check the genetics guide here to get an idea of what is already featured,
    and here is the official Discord server (previously only available to beaumont collie server members).

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

!! NEW !!
    Also open to written suggestions, off-oekaki, and partner submissions!
    - If art isn't your think you can pair up with an artist who can draw your idea and you will both win a custom should that gene/marking be chosen.
    - Off-oekaki submissions must be stored on Discord for the link.
    - Written suggestions should include enough detail that what you intend is easy to visualize.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Beaumont Buffalo | Gene Creation Contest

Postby ►Athena◄ » Fri Aug 04, 2023 3:12 pm

Some quick ideas while I'm thinking of them

Horn Type: Cape Buffalo - the horns cover the top of the head, curve downwards to frame the face slightly before curving up and outwards - image source

Markings/Color Genetics: Additions to alternative white colors - Silver and Copper. Silver would give a metallic grayish tone to white markings and allow for misty blue and purple eye color. Copper would make white markings a reddish brown color and allow for red/orange/yellowish eyes.

Aug 4th Edit - Marking: Rainfall! A crossover gene between collies and buffalo. Rainfall adds white spots in the colored parts of the coat. Would go on the spotting gene with the ones affecting white areas.
►Athena◄

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me