Sound Asheep #028 by yeena

Based on Click to view
Artist yeena [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Sound Asheep #028

Postby yeena » Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:28 pm

my last adopt as a guest artist, a dearly beloved girl! i hope that everyone loves her as much as i do... if you could only see her, lol
sometimes things arent as they seem
it looks like this girl was spooked by some of the fireworks the other night while she was tending to her cloud! to win her, tell me how you coax her out of her hiding?
this is gonna be a relatively short competition, ending sometime on sunday the 9th! no extras, but feel free to elaborate as much as you want for the prompt, so no word limit necessarily.

[c] expression, fluffy tail
[uc] longer tail, ear edits, leg warmers, longer head wool, small fullbody wool edits

Code: Select all
[b]user:[/b]
[b]name:[/b]
[b]gender:[/b] dfab
[b]prompt:[/b]
Last edited by yeena on Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Sound Asheep #028

Postby bluex » Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:29 pm

user:
    name:
    prompt:

markin
bluex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Northstar. » Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:00 am

user: Northstar.
name: Eve
prompt:

"Hey, I can see you in the shadows," Penny calls out. The night is dark but the moon shines like a beacon on her. She has spread a picnic blanket on the ground with comfy pillows. The night sky swirls with diluted rainbow colors - from dreams.

"I'm not hiding," a voice answers, and the shadows move.

"Then what are you doing? It's dark." A firework lights up the dreamy sky and the shadow flinches as she's cast in light.

"I'm not afraid of the dark. Without darkness there is no light."

"I suppose you're right.  Are you lonely?" Penny asks.

"I'm fine. I like being alone. I don't like the loud."

"Well if you want you can come sit beside me and we can be alone together," Penny says.  "I have homemade cookies if you're hungry. Caramel with almond and chocolate chunks."

"I do like cookies. But I don't feel like talking much."

"That's okay. We don't have to talk. We can just eat and watch the stars."

"....that would be nice."
Northstar.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Sat Jul 08, 2023 2:32 am

user: knickknacks
name: Rue
prompt:
    a surefire way to draw her out of hiding is to pull out a speaker and start playing her tried-and-true playlist of disco music. Nothing gets her out of her shell more than some of her favorite songs- she couldn't stop herself from singing along to "dancing queen" if she tried! Basking in the sound of her favorite music gets her hooves tapping and her anxieties melting away faster than anything else does.
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♔Voltaire♔ » Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:49 pm

user: ♔Voltaire♔ (749955)
name: Eiris
prompt:

Sometimes you just have to give her a good ol pspspspspspspsps and she'll come running, you just gotta be patient ;-;

xxx

────
══════
───────────
══
═══════════
────
═══════════

sig cred
───────────
════
─ - Mason Jennings

♔Voltaire♔

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cactologist » Sat Jul 08, 2023 5:25 pm

user: Cactologist
name: Phoebe
prompt:
    dystychiphobia
    noun
    extreme or irrational fear of accidents
    -
    “Pheebs, you’re safe. We’re all safe. You can come out of hiding”
    From somewhere in the distance came the sizzle and crack of another firework. A flash of light illuminated the cavity in which Phoebe hid, but all she could see was a flaming projectile flying awry, trees catching fire, splitting, falling, or worse, if someone were in the way of the misdirected firework-
    “Those fireworks were miles away. It’s impossible for them to have any effect on us.”
    “So it’s better to not know if others are safe or in danger? Besides, I know you’re planning on shooting off your own when I’m not around. I saw the boxes.”
    “Okay, sure, but there’s no good reason to hide from those now!”
    “Did you know fireworks were originally used as weapons-”
    “That’s not even true-”
    “Gunpowder. In a flammable cardboard tube. Highly explosive. Unpredictable. You don’t have to be lighting them to be in danger.”
    “Well, then I guess you better come out here and protect us. One might go off, and we’ll all be unprepared if you’re not out here. I actually think I lost the helmet you got me for my birthday last year…”
    “Oh, I have a spare! I’ll go get it right now…”
Cactologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peppa » Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:53 am

user: peppa
name: clover
prompt:
elle and i are sitting on a soft blanket in the tall grass, our stomachs full of watermelon and sweet iced tea. up in the sky, a firework shoots up into the atmosphere before bursting into a thousand tiny pink sparkles that descend back down to earth. i don't particularly like fireworks, but elle is rather enamored with them, so we compromise by watching from the big field a mile down the road from town. even from so far away, the sound of the explosives still shakes my bones, like a clap of thunder rattling an old house. BOOM! another firework goes off, this one green. despite the noise, i hear rustling just feet away in the grass, beneath a dense thicket at the edge of the field. i snap my head towards the bushes. "who's there?" i call out.

"don't worry. it's probably a raccoon or something," elle laughs, pointing back up at the sky, "look! this one is yellow."
her words don't appease me– the sound was too loud, too humanlike. i get up and slowly creep towards the bushes, pointing my flashlight into the base of the thick branches. the light lands on a pair of hooves and a cloud of wool, unmistakably belonging to a lost sheep. the sheep notices me, and retreats shyly into the shrub.

"hey there little guy!" i call out, reaching into the bush eagerly. elle is beside me now, and she grabs my shoulder.
"elle, it's a sheep! what if it's hurt, or scared?" i reach further into the bush, but elle stops me, pulling harder on my shoulder.
"hey! what if she doesn't want to come out yet? maybe you should just let her be."
"let her be?"
"yeah." something about elle's tone tells me that she is probably right, so i go back with her to watch the rest of the fireworks.

early the next morning, the thought of the helpless creature alone in the bushes again crosses my mind. i couldn't sleep– the sound of the fireworks kept me up late into the night. so, at dawn, i rise restlessly of out bed and journey down the road towards the field. in the thicket, i find the sheep yet again, curled up and trembling. remembering elle's words– she may not want to come out yet- i lay out a blanket, some warm tea, and some carrots. "it's okay, little sheep. you can come out when you're ready."

'' hi! i'm peppa ''
    pms always open, lets be friends <3

she/her | blm | pixel credit
peppa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit.tears » Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:55 am

user: cinnaliz 668250
name: freya
prompt:

I'd let her listen to some lofi beats while offering her some good ol comfort food. There's nothing like relaxing with some lofi while sipping on some hot chocolate and eating chocolate chip muffins. Then maybe after I'd put on her favorite cartoon and we could watch it together!
i’ll totally work on this later

previously cinnaliz
any pronouns
toyhouse
click the kitty to find the base :3
rabbit.tears

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Joke's On You » Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:57 pm

user: Joke's On You (880414)
name: Celeste
prompt:

"Hey, it's okay. You don't have to hide. They're just fireworks."

-

The ewe quickly shook her head. She was shaking. Bad. The fireworks continued to fill the sky with various colors, which also meant that the loud booms following after their colorful explosions sounded all around them. I could understand this fear on a personal level. I felt the same about thunder. Not general storms. Just the loud roar of thunder.

-

"You know, I understand what you're feeling right now. You becoming quickly overstimulated with all of the noises from the fireworks. Not being able to close your eyes and find that safe space within yourself because of how they bright up the night sky. I've felt it before too. With thunder. I still feel it sometimes. But you know how I get through it?"

-

I must've gotten the attention of the ewe, as I noticed that despite all of her fear, she looked up at me, as if she was entrusting me to help her. With that in mind, I reached into my back pocket and pulled out a phone and some wired earbuds. I gently moved to place an earbud in an ear of the ewe.

"This playlist helps me fall asleep most of the times. I would put it on during thunderstorms and I would fall asleep within minutes, no matter how loud the thunder was. It's a Deep Sleep playlist. It consists of ambient noises and beautiful instrumentals. See?"

I placed the other earbud into the ewe's ear and pressed play on my phone so the playlist would play. The volume was turned up halfway to start off. I didn't want to scare the ewe again.

"Let's get you moved somewhere safer as well. You can listen to the playlist as we go. In fact, you may listen to it for the rest of night, if you'd like. I don't mind. I reckon I won't need help falling asleep tonight anyway. I'd like to make sure you're okay, especially since I know how it feels to be afraid of loud noises."

-

I offer a kind smile and slowly yet surely, the ewe gets to her feet. We head back to the comfort of the indoors and I decide to drape a weighted blanket over her in order to hopefully make her feel more safe and secured.

"As I said before, you may keep listening to the music all night if you wish. Try and get some sleep though. Come tomorrow, those fireworks will be gone and you'll have nothing to fear anymore. Sweet dreams."
Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greyfire » Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:41 am

user:
Greyfire

name:

prompt:

It's a cool summer night, calm and quiet, for now, with a light breeze that carries the fresh smell of summer air. The perfect night for a walk down the trail in your neighbouring forest... or so you thought. Shortly into your stroll, you begin to hear large explosions in the sky filled with vibrant colours.

You half frown and look ahead, "How unfortunate," you know as a grown adult you shouldn't hate fireworks, but you can't help but think of how terrified all the wildlife must be when the humans invade their homes and cause raucous all night long; sometimes, for days on end.

Maybe you'll make a new friend tonight. Possibly a kitten? Maybe even a lost puppy who ran away from her mother scared of the loud foreign noises? You sigh and shake your head before continuing your stroll. Halfway into the trail, you hear rustling in the bushes and a flash of soft cotton-like fur...Possibly pink? No, it was definitely blue. A blue poodle? Confused, you stand there and scratch your head...Maybe it was even purple? No matter the colour or species, the poor critter looked terrified of something.

Almost by instinct, you feel yourself obligated to look around, softly baby-talking to the unknown animal as you do, "Hey there, sweetheart. I bet you're scared of those awful loud fireworks..." You trail off as you continue to look around.

Eventually, you think you find the small bundle of cotton curled up in a ball, still unable to make out what it is, you decide to sit down a little ways away from it, hoping it will realise you are a friend and come to you on its own.

"Hey there, darling. You look like you're a long way away from your mama...You must be hungry. Maybe I have something I can feed you," you say softly as you carefully grab your bag and dig through it; careful not to make any sudden movements or loud noises.

After some digging, you find a variety of snacks. Slowly, you lay them all out in front of you and utter a gentle chuckle when you see the separated piles of carrot sticks, trail mix, strawberries, and pretzel sticks next to an open travel-sized container of Nutella as it reminds you of being a small child separating their food into different groups before they can eat them.

Sweetly you talk to the little fluff ball, "I've got all of my different snacks laid out in front of me. You are more than welcome to help yourself to them," you check to make sure your phone is on silent before continuing, "I think those nasty fireworks are over for now," you pause to give the baby time to react, it begins to stir a little bit almost like she likes the sound of your voice talking to her, "I understand being scared of the giant thunderous explosions...I am scared of them myself. Normally, I would be at home curled up in my favourite chair watching TV or reading a book cuddled up to my puppy because she is also scared of fireworks and loves to snuggle when they start," you smile sweetly at the idea of snuggling your little Bernese Mountain Dog pup when you get home.

The little figure is finally standing and slowly approaches you. As it moves closer you realise it is, in fact, not a poodle, but a sheep. The poor girl must have ran off from her herd when she heard the fireworks begin. You dare not move a muscle as she approaches you, carefully sniffing each one of the offerings placed in front of you. After careful consideration, she decides on the strawberries and lays down next to them as she quietly munches on the ripe red berries.

Slowly, you reach your hand out for her to sniff, which she does. She must realise that you have no desire to hurt her as when she gets up to grab her next strawberry from the pile she lays down and snuggles up in between your thigh and cardigan before continuing to nibble on her next berry. Ever so carefully, you begin to stroke her soft cotton-candy like fur and she relaxes into you. Accepting her new friend.

As she eats her berries you softly talk to her, "you're super sweet. I don't know any sheep farmers around here, but I would be glad to take you home with me. We can cuddle on my couch and watch a movie or TV while we fall asleep. Would you like that?"

The little sheep bleats excitedly and you smile, "It's settled then!" You reach down and scoop her up, "Let's go home."

-time skip-

Once you arrive home, you change into comfy clothes before heading to the living room where your new addition and your puppy await. When you walk into the doorway, the two are already curled up together and fast asleep on the couch. You carefully sit down next to them and pull over your favourite blanket while turning on Bridgerton. Once they babies realise you have returned, they both snuggle up to your side and drift back to sleep...You smile as they softly snore before falling to sleep yourself.
Greyfire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me