Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

When did the stars stop shining? by Skiller

Artist Skiller [gallery]
Time spent 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
49 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

When did the stars stop shining?

Postby Skiller » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:15 pm

Life has been feeling duller lately. I have a lot of things I'd like to do this summer, but half of my vacation is already gone. I'm trying to stay optimistic, but it's hard sometimes.

I'm glad I could draw Pumpkin Boy again, though. : )
I'm mostly on here for the art, but feel free to message me about anything ^^
✞ I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." He stretched his arms on the cross and died. Please put this in your signature if you believe that Jesus died for your sins. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost if you're one of the 4% that will.
Skiller

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: When did the stars stop shining?

Postby Banditø » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:17 pm

The art is STUNNING, and I agree with you. I've been away from home for the past month and a half and because of that, I haven't gotten anything done that I wanted to do this summer.

Hello!
My current interests are music, video games, Nissan cars, motorcycles, Twenty Øne Piløts, and archery! Please DM me if you want to talk about any of these <3

AUGUST 18TH - |-/
Banditø

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xBluepeltx » Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:04 pm

Are you okay? Feel free to vent or talk to me anytime. ♥ Cute artwork btw~
My God has done amazing things for me, and He will continue to do even more. He will always be there for me.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starswater » Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:34 pm

It's not gonna be for the same reasons, but... I really feel this. This hits home a lot.
starswater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gardog » Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:42 pm

'Tis pumpkin lad <33

(all may be seated while my menstral brain tries to come up with something almost poetic... I hope it helps, if even a little bit):
The stars are still shining; there are just some clouds in front of them. The clouds are blocking your view, but, if you keep watchin' the sky, you'll see the clouds begin to part and the stars will still be there, glistening away. However, should you continue to watch the sky until the clouds leave, you may miss something even more beautiful to behold... like a few fireflies dancing in the night sky, playfully flashing their lights for their mates... or a raccoon nervously deciding whether or not to sneak past you... or a fawn walking just a few feet away from you while its mama watches nearby. The stars are still shining and they still will be shining when you look around and take in the world around you. Give it some time; watch the fireflies, the raccoon, and the deer instead. You never know... whenever you decide to look up again, the clouds may just be thinned-out enough for those stars to be shining through. But it takes time, so you may as well grab some water and snack while you wait. The stars are still shining. Everything will be okay. And, most importantly, you are loved and there are many who care about you; including me <3

... did that make any sense, my brain is working on overdrive, why do menstrual cycles have to be so taxing on the brain aaaaaaaa

TL;DR: If there are clouds covering the stars, that doesn't mean that stars aren't shining anymore; it just means that you need to give the clouds time to move along. Until then, focus on everything else around you. Make sure you eat and drink enough water. Get some exercise. Look around for differences in your environment that you may not have noticed while staring at the sky. When you look up again, you may just see stars; still shining as they should be. Everything will be okay. You are loved.

She/They | Adult | Christian
Aries | March 27

Bisexual | INTJ | Ravenclaw
Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist
Oekaki Art Shop | Offsite Art Shop

Loves Pandas | Legally Blind
Has Social Anxiety | Has Anxiety In General

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiller » Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:44 pm

Labyrinth Runner wrote:The art is STUNNING, and I agree with you. I've been away from home for the past month and a half and because of that, I haven't gotten anything done that I wanted to do this summer.

Thank you!

I hope you get to do a few things that you wanted to do before the summer ends <3
xBluepeltx wrote:Are you okay? Feel free to vent or talk to me anytime. ♥ Cute artwork btw~

A few things in my life changed (for the better) since I made this post, so I am feeling better now. Thank you for your concern, I will keep in mind your offer to chat.

Glad you like the art as well : )
starswater wrote:It's not gonna be for the same reasons, but... I really feel this. This hits home a lot.

I'm glad you could resonate with it, but I hope you're alright <3
gardog wrote:'Tis pumpkin lad <33

(all may be seated while my menstral brain tries to come up with something almost poetic... I hope it helps, if even a little bit):
The stars are still shining; there are just some clouds in front of them. The clouds are blocking your view, but, if you keep watchin' the sky, you'll see the clouds begin to part and the stars will still be there, glistening away. However, should you continue to watch the sky until the clouds leave, you may miss something even more beautiful to behold... like a few fireflies dancing in the night sky, playfully flashing their lights for their mates... or a raccoon nervously deciding whether or not to sneak past you... or a fawn walking just a few feet away from you while its mama watches nearby. The stars are still shining and they still will be shining when you look around and take in the world around you. Give it some time; watch the fireflies, the raccoon, and the deer instead. You never know... whenever you decide to look up again, the clouds may just be thinned-out enough for those stars to be shining through. But it takes time, so you may as well grab some water and snack while you wait. The stars are still shining. Everything will be okay. And, most importantly, you are loved and there are many who care about you; including me <3

... did that make any sense, my brain is working on overdrive, why do menstrual cycles have to be so taxing on the brain aaaaaaaa

TL;DR: If there are clouds covering the stars, that doesn't mean that stars aren't shining anymore; it just means that you need to give the clouds time to move along. Until then, focus on everything else around you. Make sure you eat and drink enough water. Get some exercise. Look around for differences in your environment that you may not have noticed while staring at the sky. When you look up again, you may just see stars; still shining as they should be. Everything will be okay. You are loved.

I know what you mean about menstrual cycles, haha..
Thank you for the poetic response and the kind words. These past few days, I have been trying to look for the fireflies instead of focusing on the clouds.
Thank you, gardog <3
I'm mostly on here for the art, but feel free to message me about anything ^^
✞ I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." He stretched his arms on the cross and died. Please put this in your signature if you believe that Jesus died for your sins. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost if you're one of the 4% that will.
Skiller

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starswater » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:06 pm

Skiller wrote:
starswater wrote:It's not gonna be for the same reasons, but... I really feel this. This hits home a lot.

I'm glad you could resonate with it, but I hope you're alright <3

Thanks <3 It definitely prompted me to share my own story. Something I've been arguing with myself about doing for years.
starswater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me