NQD | Grey Dhole | Krypto by Scoinwolf

Based on Click to view
Artist Scoinwolf [gallery]
Time spent 33 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

NQD | Grey Dhole | Krypto

Postby Scoinwolf » Mon May 08, 2023 3:11 pm

dog-ish in appearance, this creature is reported to be found primarily in Myanmar. It's characterized by its short, grey fur, darker muzzle, rounded ears, and thin tail. It comes in both a large and small variation but the shelter seems to only have one size. The shopkeeper won't specify which

This one loves this stuffed bear so much that the shopkeeper is sending them home with it. Why is it their favorite?

ThousandSounds wrote:Username: ThousandSounds
Name: Krypto
Collar: K9 Unit styled collar with their name on it OR this ( I liked how it breaks the fur a little)
Prompt:
-snip-

Items:
- stuffed bear

The shopkeeper hums, looking you over as you fill out the application. "Looks good." He pulls up a calendar on his computer, kicking his feet up on the desk as he types in your information. "I'll let you know on May 12th if you've been accepted."
Last edited by Scoinwolf on Thu May 25, 2023 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning.
Wayward Bound | Not Quite Dogs
Scoinwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: NQD | Grey Dhole | OPEN

Postby ThousandSounds » Thu May 11, 2023 6:21 pm

Username: ThousandSounds
Collar: K9 Unit styled collar with their name on it OR this ( I liked how it breaks the fur a little)
Prompt:

"Awwe, Honey! Come look at this.. He'd be perfect for your training school." June cooed when she saw the Dhole, bending as she softly greeted him. "Hi, little baby.. Hello~"

"Him?" Jonathan hummed as he approached - having talked to the shopkeep previously, leaning in a bit closer, supporting himself on the kennel, to get a better look at him. "He looks like a German Shepherd, he could pass for a Police dog."

"I know, isn't he adorable, and look at the little bear plushieee, aww..."

Jonno gestured over to the shopkeep, asking if he could open the kennel so that they could get a look at him, and albeit the shopkeep seemed very reluctant, he relented a little. And told them had 5 minutes, unless he changes his mind, which he was close to doing. At least this guy isn't as annoying as Jefferson.

Jonathan crouched down observing as the Dhole immediately picked up his teddy and only them did he come forward. Reaching his arms, out he cautiously did a physique check to help him narrow down if this dog is fit for any sport. June immediately showered him with kisses. "Did you ask him about fostering another dog?" She looked at her boyfriend.

"Umm.. Yeah, kind of. He said he'll give us a call next time he does the listings, and I mentioned if he has anyone he thinks would be suitable for us on a more permanent basis to let us know. Don't worry, he'll let us know."

"How about this one?"

"This one?"

"Yeah. I mean, look at him, how could you say no to this little face." The girl kept showering the young dhole with affection.
* Emphasis on Young. It looked like he may have been separated from his pack, if he had one, and the teddy bear acted as his instinct to nurture small pups or maybe even.. a sort of a comfort item for companionship. The warmth from the fur and stuffing being comfortable to cuddle with, and providing the illusion of having another body around, and the squeak it made whenever he gave it a squeeze or a chomp still retained it's very toy energy. There must have been a smell from another dog, who previously owned it, on it - making it more pleasant for this Dhole to keep around. The ribbon - if tucked away correctly - at the back, can hide snacks or can even have some flowers, such as; daffodils, pansies, jasmine, marigold, but more importantly Purple passionflower tucked in it to help the dog sleep at night. Which is especially helpful with dogs that may feel a little anxious. *

Jonathan sighed, oh his weak heart, okay dog, you twisted his arm, he'll take an application. "Okay.. I'll go ask about him, but we're naming him Krypto." In her excitement his girlfriend almost knocked him over when she went to hug him, he noticed the dog seemed fixated on his training whistle that dangled around his neck. "Why don't you go and look for a collar to fit on him." He said, giving the Dhole a little ear rub and guiding him back in the kennel, closing it's door. He got up and walked over tot he desk, scanning for the adoption papers that matched the Dhole. "Hey, man, uhh... Do you have- Oh- Thank you!" he smiled sheepishly when the paper was shoved in his face almost as if the shopkeep knew - it'd be kind of hard not to, he literally hear them from a few feet away.

"How about this one!" June smiled, holding up the collar resembling a police dog collar, or inspired by one anyway. "Or do you like this one here?" Tucking it over her arm, she picked up another to display.
"Hm. That's a good question-- Hold on a sec." He wanted to finish up the papers before he turned his attention elsewhere. signing his signature on it he put it down with the others in the application box.

"This will be so good for Hasha too, she'll have some company around home when we're going out." The girl hummed, leaning up against the dog trainer. "And if your theory on his separation proves true, having a big sister around could restore him that pack mentality"

"You know.. he would make a very good sports dog if we enter him as a representation for the shelter. Both of them, actually. With any luck, winning would get this place a little more traffic too. We need one more for Flyball."

"But won't kids come here to adopt dogs because of the fame?"

Jonathan stuck his chest out proudly with a grin "That's what we have James for! He won't let a dog go home with anyone he doesn't think is suitable. You oughta see him do a check list."
ThousandSounds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: NQD | Grey Dhole | OPEN

Postby Scoinwolf » Thu May 25, 2023 2:21 am

ThousandSounds wrote:Username: ThousandSounds
Prompt:
-snip-

So sorry for the wait! He’s all yours^^
Red sky at night, sailor's delight. Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning.
Wayward Bound | Not Quite Dogs
Scoinwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me