Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

there's a fracture in my spine by Beebs

Artist Beebs [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

there's a fracture in my spine

Postby Beebs » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:47 pm

what is this?
this is a monthly challenge for myself! every month, i pick a pet from the previous month (whether a standard litter or from an event) and i draw it on chickenpaint to challenge myself, as well as give a little love to my fave designs in the best way i know how to -- with art!

Previous (February 2023) -- Next (April 2023)

ya'll, fossils are some of my FAVOURITE things ever, they're so insanely cool to me, i absolutely had to draw one of the kitties from this litter -- and what better one than the dinosaur one! <3 the very thing that got me into archaeology from childhood onwards.

i told myself i'd be doing backgrounds monthly but MAN, with the other art i've been doing outside of CS, i just couldnt. so i decided to play with shading + dodge and burn instead!! i'm not fantastic at shading, and dodge / burn are not my go to for lighting and shading of any kind, but they're neat little tools... i def wanna play with them more sometime, maybe when im feeling more experimental!!

title is pulled from the song bones by emily finchum, which is one of my favourite songs i've found in the last few years, please give it a listen
Beebs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: there's a fracture in my spine

Postby Meow-Cat » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:20 am

This is super cool! it's great seeing art of monthly pets, as they don't get much art. [:
Hi I'm Meow!
My interests include drawing, cooking, Warrior cats and jurassic park!

Imageuk time zone.
Meow-Cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: there's a fracture in my spine

Postby Beebs » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:09 am

Meow-Cat wrote:This is super cool! it's great seeing art of monthly pets, as they don't get much art. [:

aaah thank you!! ;v; <3 YEAHHH that's kinda the goal too, i think the litter pets are really neat!! they've always got such fun themes, i wanted to acknowledge it at least a little ;0;
Beebs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me