Moon 21 // Tideclan ceremonies by sobble

Based on Click to view
Artist sobble [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Moon 21 // Tideclan ceremonies

Postby sobble » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:49 am

Troutstar rises from her sunning spot in the camp clearing, stretching lazily as she watches Juniperpaw spar with Chasingpaw.
Though the two have trained together for a few moons now, Juniperpaw displays great agility and a startling, quiet grace on her feet. The time for Juniperpaw to join the ranks of Tideclan's warriors had come.

Juniperpaw chuckled as she ran circles around Chasingpaw, who looked rather unamused. He attempted to land a few swats, but was never any closer to reaching the nimble she-cat. If he tried to chase her, he only ended up with his paws in a tangle. Scrunching his noise, Chasingpaw goaded her on. "Come onnn Juniperpaw, no more teasing! At least let me get a good batting in"

Juniperpaw huffed in response, coming to a stop and meeting his eyes. "Fine then. Do your best!" She grinned, waiting patiently.

As Chasingpaw lunged towards her, she ducked out of the way and rolled behind him without a sound, planting a paw firmly on his back. She held him there for a second before letting him up, brushing against his side in a gesture of good will.

"you're getting much faster, Chasingpaw! I'm sure you'll be able to get me soon."

As the two bantered, Troutstar padded over towards the clearing's center, whisking her tail over Juniperpaw as if to beckon her, and called the clan to meet. The clan cats began to trickle out from their dens, huddling together in the crisp newleaf air.

Juniperpaw sat solemnly in front of them, promising to uphold the code and to protect their clanmates for life. She turned to touch noses with Troutstar, grinning. After the two lingered for a moment, Troutstar turned again to face the clan, "Juniperpaw, you have grown into a fine member of Tideclan. By the power of starclan, I name you a warrior. From this moment on, you will be known as Juniperpoppy."

Acornspeckle and Hickoryfreckle cheered loudly, tears welling in their eyes as their first adoptive kit became a clan warrior. Though they would have to lecture her about her unkempt fur later... they were overwhelmingly proud now, nearly barreling her over as they embraced Tideclan's newest warrior.

(I WROTE THIS ONCE AND IT GOT DELEGTED HELP)
    They/them | Adult | PA student
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me