Based on Click to view
Artist faentofheart [gallery]
Time spent 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Range Trotter #EAS012

Postby faentofheart » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:20 am

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

Username: Howling Hooves
Show Name: Of Buttons And Cotton
Barn Name: Textile

Height: 12.1
Eye Color: Lime
Phenotype: Chestnut Daffodil Roan with Pangare
Genotype: ee/Aa DaDa Rnrn +pangare
Last edited by faentofheart on Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
faentofheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #EAS012

Postby jpano96 » Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:38 am

Username: jpano96
Show Name: SB Forget Me Not
Barn Name: Romeo
Height: 14 hh
Halter Color: artist choice
Prompt:

Romeo was in the pasture one day as a colt with his mother, snacking on the new spring greens for the first time. Around noon, he grew tired and laid down next to his mothers feet to take a nap. Before he could drift off to sleep, he felt thumping at his side and scrambled to stand up with a startled whinny. To his surprise (and his mothers), we was nearly laying on top of a rabbit den! The mother rabbit wasn't too fond of the little foal blocking the entrance to her den. Since then, Romeo stayed just far enough from the den to not bother the rabbit family - but close enough to keep an eye on any development of the 'much-more-furry-than-I-am' animal.

As the bunnies developed and opened their eyes, they became more adventurous and with a new colt in the same pasture - it wasn't long before Romeo had a few playmates to pass the time. All the other buns went off to more adventures past the fence of the pasture, but Romeos bunny friend Julie never strayed far from his side (or backside for that matter!).
jpano96

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby green. » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:33 pm

Username: green.
Show Name: rws ykwim
Barn Name: strawberry
Height: 14.1hh
Halter Color: surprise me
Prompt: Strawberry met Oscar (the rabbit) when Oscar was born in Strawberrys stable. The pair bonded together and grew up together, Oscar always cuddling with Strawberry in the winter under the mares blanket.
"Night falls
With gravity
The earth turns
From sanity"

L - they/them - est
x | x | x
l
u
n
a
r
green.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:44 am

Username: HowlingHooves
    Show Name: Of Buttons and Cotton
    Height: 12.1 hh
    Halter Color: Rope, please!
    Prompt: You see, Tex is actually afraid of the bunny. But because she’s also among the lower members of the herds hierarchy, she lets the unnamed monstrosity stick with her. The monster is attached to her like glue, and the staff at Adelaron have no real idea where the cute little angry thing came from, or whether it’s a male or female. Can’t get close enough, the bunny isn’t too nice to anyone except Tex. Textile lets it stay because it keeps her standing in the herd from dipping lower, having a fierce little terror constantly following you keeps those young upstarts in line, you know. Tex may also be too scared to try and run the tiny thing off.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starwindrider » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:57 am

Username: Starwindrider
Show Name: NAS Ray of Sunshine
Barn Name: Sunny
Height: 14hh
Halter Color: Eye colour
Prompt:
During her second spring, Sunny got to try carrots for the first time. She was doubtful of the bright-coloured snack at first, but after encouragement from her friends and handler, decided to take a bite. It was extremely crunchy - much more than apples! - and the flavour stayed on her tongue in a way she couldn't really describe. But she loved it.
The next day, her handler left some carrots in a bag on the paddock fence while they went to do some other things. When Sunny and her handler returned, they were shocked to find the bag on the ground, with fewer carrots than they remembered there to be, and some of the remaining ones had been nibbled on. Determined to find who had stolen her snacks, Sunny waited a distance away but kept a watchful eye on her bag of carrots.
After a while, a small light-brown coloured and furry creature appeared out of the grass and hopped towards the fence. As she watched, it hopped into the bag and reappeared dragging a carrot and nibbling it. The carrot thief! Sunny immediately rushed up and stared down at the creature, only to find a pair of bright innocent green eyes staring back at her. The creature moved its very long ears, looked at Sunny and down at the carrot. Seeming to understand, it offered the half-nibbled carrot to her in a gesture of sharing, which she accepted.
From that day on, Sunny would always make sure to leave a carrot or two out for her new friend. She eventually learned that this creature was called a rabbit, and all of them had peculiarly long ears. But it seemed that only this little rabbit friend of hers, shared her immense love for carrots.
Starwindrider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snapshot » Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:49 am

Username: snapshot
Show Name: Gentle Touch
Barn Name: Tangerine
Height: 14.3hh
Halter Color: artist choice
Prompt:

Tangerine first met the lil bun bun when the stable owner's young daughter brought it along one day. The child wasn't supposed to take the little rabbit out of its cage by herself, but she wanted to show it to the horsie that had the same colors as it! Luckily, instead of being spooked, Tangerine was fascinated by the bunny. In fact, it seemed to calm the rather skittish horse. After seeing how the horse and bunny seemed to make each other feel more relaxed, it was decided that the pair should stay together. They've been inseparable ever since! The bun bun even comes to competitions with Tangerine, always ready to give its friend a pep-talk in the form of a little nose nuzzle.

||snapshot||they/them||
snapshot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paradise, » Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:54 pm

faent has asked me to judge this cutie for you guys as she is currently unable to <3

HowlingHooves wrote:
    Username: HowlingHooves
    Show Name: Of Buttons and Cotton
    Height: 12.1 hh
    Halter Color: Rope, please!
    Prompt: You see, Tex is actually afraid of the bunny. But because she’s also among the lower members of the herds hierarchy, she lets the unnamed monstrosity stick with her. The monster is attached to her like glue, and the staff at Adelaron have no real idea where the cute little angry thing came from, or whether it’s a male or female. Can’t get close enough, the bunny isn’t too nice to anyone except Tex. Textile lets it stay because it keeps her standing in the herd from dipping lower, having a fierce little terror constantly following you keeps those young upstarts in line, you know. Tex may also be too scared to try and run the tiny thing off.

congrats to hooves! i loved this little anti-friendship hehe
awarding hm's to jpano96 + Starwindrider
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    nicole - she/her - baby artist
    hiya! i love all things horses &
    nature ;w; i am currently an
    artist for: range trotters, ferox
    ponies, + beaumont collies ♥
    . tentatively open
    for commissions/art swaps- just shoot me a
    message here or on discord! @paradise,#0479
    apricot acres - toyhou.se - ©