Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Create by Skiller

Artist Skiller [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
53 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Create

Postby Skiller » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:21 pm

I don't know if I should take a break, change my plans, or keep going. I like to draw, but lately, it has been hard. Instead of rushing to my tablet to draw when I get home, I avoid it. Drawing was something I could get lost in. It was something to look forward to. Now, I see too many errors to create much of anything. I wish I could go back to the time when I could get totally lost in a drawing. But maybe I just need a break?
I'm mostly on here for the art, but feel free to message me about anything ^^
✞ I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." He stretched his arms on the cross and died. Please put this in your signature if you believe that Jesus died for your sins. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost if you're one of the 4% that will.
Skiller

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Create

Postby Spiritstar3 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:32 pm

If you feel like you need a break, you're allowed to take a break.
Especially if you're getting stressed out.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Shattered one » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pm

Don't worry all you got is art block and if you want to break take a break not like people expect you to draw especially without any passion to do it :) your arts amazing and I appreciate every piece I don't like my art skills and have zero wish to draw anymore. But don't let that stop you from being happy in the least!

J̷̧̠̦̺͆͊̐̐̈̽̽̃̈́ǔ̶̘̠͖̪̺̻͈̭̪̊͐͒̍ͅṣ̴̢͕̪̫͇͇̞̠͂̈̀ţ̶̢̬̗̫̰̀̈́̍ ̴̡̖̱̝̝̟͎̪̗̍̾͊̊͆b̷̨̭͓͇̅̋̌ͅę̴̯̪̰͎̼̖͌̈́͋̂̒̑̐͊̑c̷̨̬̜͌á̴̜͝ư̷̡͍̯̫̾̎̃̀̀́͂̀ś̶̛͉̕̚ē̸̖̹̹͔̫̪̣̔́͂̂͌̈͜͜͜ ̶̢̛̅̓͝͠͝Ị̶̆̀ ̵̨̢̛̱̭̘̘̭̝̏̍͗̈̑͂ͅs̶̖͕͍̉̄̋̀͛̀̈͗͐a̵̟̞͓͚͚̓̾̀̉͠y̸̹̎́͆̀̒́̕͝͝ ̵̢̠̖̄͋͛̕͠͝Ȋ̷̢̜̬̺͙̫͒̓̅̓͑̅̈́̋̚'̸̼̜̻͔̭̥͘m̸̢̤͎͚̺̪͛̓̈́ ̶͓̥͈̀̀ḃ̴͉̃̈́r̴̖̜̣̘͑̕ͅó̴̻͎͚̣̠͖͍̈́̈́̎͒͌̈ḵ̴̢̝̱͈͎͂̋͗͜e̴̻͕̺̟̽̊̐̆̚n̶̪̞͕̐̓̅̏̒ ̶̢̡͉͉̼̠͉̠͔͚̂́͝d̶̛͕̲̲̀̅͗͐͑̓̆o̸̟͕͂́͊̆̐͑̏̄͘͜ë̸̘̪̭̦͙̱̫̞̲́͆s̴̩͉̫̈͋ṉ̶̢͔̙̻͕͍͐̂̓̒͒͂̽͜'̶̬̯̥̿̐̂̓̏ť̴͓̲̦̩̩̿̒͊͋͐̍͜͝ ̷̫͉̫̘͙͇̺͆͐͊̉̈̈́m̶̛͖̺͙̣̎̆͊̈́̃̽͋ë̶͓́̓͠ǎ̵̼̥̓͑͝n̸͚͖͙̜̠̭͖̔̈́ ̶̢̦̪͎̠͙͕͛̂̓̌͐̊̅̽Į̶͕̩̲̭̪̄̇ ̸̡͙̋̉́̈͝͝a̶͇͉̫̜̾̄̕m̸̧͍̀́̋̒̈́̾͊̚̚͝

[/size]
]
Ṅ̵̨̢̜̤͕͑̓͛͘͝ḙ̴̢͓͓͗͋̓v̵̝͉̄͛̑ę̷̛̼̟̩̯͖̈́ͅr̷̥̼̾̆ ̶̥̤͖̗̈́͊f̵̯͖̭̬̲̒̈̍̍ų̷̨̛̙̜͎̘̲̩̩̆͐̀̎̾͌̋l̴̗͎͙̙̻̻̬̱͂̽̑̄̓̐͗̉͝l̷̢̘̣̤̹͚̝̤̒̈́̓ͅy̸̨̘̗̮̙̽ ̴̪͈̹͌̋̌̿̈̄͂̊͜͝͝d̸̛̛͖̖͕̭͎̼̖͉̓̃̇̃̈́̚͠͝r̶͖̖͔̤̀̋͊̉͜͝ͅͅe̸̛̟̥̿̌̑͗̐̅̈́͜͝ͅs̴̫͓̜̘̆͆̋͆͑̚s̶̨̼̞̺̯̰̘̗̊͝ě̵̡̗̣͔̗̠͙̅̈́͑̈́͘d̸͈̋́̓̐͑̎͘̚ ̴̞͇̩̫̪͍̼͍̜̪͊̍͛͗ẁ̷̡̡̥̻͕̠̪̞̿̑̑͐͌͂́͘͜ͅi̴̧̨͕͉͉̯̖͑̌͑͋͛͜ț̸̅̉̋͒̆͌͊̒̒͝h̴̨͈̥̻̞͉̜̻̊ó̷̘̞̲̜̥͓͎̙̗̞̀̓̀͌̈́̑̂͘̚ù̸͙̻̽̅t̷̛̮̣̪̣̜̲̜͉̉̚ ̴̧̧̝͓̟͉̣̞̌͌́͒̓̈̿̚͝ͅá̶̢͇͇͚͔̯̪̫͙ ̶̧̛̙͙̞̥̏̈͆̓͒̊̕S̵̮̗̳̓͂m̴̞͉͕̖̰̏͑̊̎̚ĭ̶̺͖͈̭̍͆̀̄͛͝ḷ̸̨̧͓͕̳̼̎̊̊́͐̃͘̚e̶̠̱͕̗̪̘̽͝

Trade me.
Message me.
Comissions art trades.
1C$ Free Shop.
https://toyhou.se/JackFr0st
ImageImage
The Shattered one

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ebony Stardust » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:49 pm

I advise that you don't stress yourself with drawing if it's becoming less enjoyable. It can help to step away for a while and refresh your mind. I know that art takes focus and careful thought, and can feel heavy if you don't give yourself time to relax.
But also, try not to be too hard on yourself. Art doesn't have to be perfect, and with mistakes comes learning. Errors will happen, and sometimes they're frustrating or hard to correct. Believe me, I know. It's okay to walk away for a while.

You know how you feel better than I do. If you need a break, take one. We'll all understand and be waiting for you when you're ready to draw again.
Take care of yourself, Skiller <3

-Hello! You may call me Ebony
-I am a casual artist
-I am always open to trades (my trade thread)
-Formerly: Darkstorm-The-Wolf (eek '~')
-Remember, support, and pray for Israel

Need Clicks: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ebony Stardust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starswater » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:56 pm

A break might be a good idea. Or, some new boundaries. You post on here really frequently, are you posting every single thing you make? Perhaps you need to draw more just for yourself, choose to keep it just for yourself more often.

I'm speaking from a place of... what is honestly probably social anxiety having gotten to me way too much, and oversharing my work caused me enough anxiety to burn out terribly. It was that and a mix of other things, but that was probably one of the big ones. I'm not sure how you feel about a lot of this exactly, but definitely if you're feeling like it might be time for a break or anything like that, it's always good to take it seriously and give yourself the time you need. Try to figure out what's causing that feeling, without rushing it.

Jack-Frost wrote:Don't worry all you got is art block and if you want to break take a break not like people expect you to draw especially without any passion to do it :) your arts amazing and I appreciate every piece I don't like my art skills and have zero wish to draw anymore. But don't let that stop you from being happy in the least!

I wonder. It sounds more like burnout than art block to me, given the active avoidance. With art block you usually just can't come up with ideas you're interested in, nothing sparks your interest. I could be wrong though, that's for the OP to decide.
starswater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eddie Ravenwood » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:07 pm

definitely sounds like you're burned out. just give yourself a break until you want to draw again. you'll feel up to it eventually, and be able to get back in with a fresh outlook! happens to the best of us.
heya, name's Eddie. all pronouns, certified prettyboy. maybe just a bit too into Batman villains, but like, in an aro-ace way. here to chill since 2019. my m.o. is pretty much to pop in every couple months and post on some forum games, so if you see me around? hi 👋

💚my art💚💚cool playlist💚💚youtube💚💚artfight💚

Eddie Ravenwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dogbrain » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:48 am

I am in the same rut right now. I wish I had some words of advice, but I sadly do not.
Wolfie ♡ | she/they | infp+t
dogbrain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby retro » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:56 pm

ahh yeah i totally feel this at times. i hope things get better for you dude
retro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiller » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:12 pm

Thank you all for the feedback! : )
After spending several days away, I have decided to make some changes. From this point on, I am going to take things slow and limit the number of drawings I make. I am also going to focus my energy on quality over quantity. I hope to make more detailed drawings, similar to what I used to do around 2019. I think a part of me missed that.

Thank you again, everyone!
I'm mostly on here for the art, but feel free to message me about anything ^^
✞ I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." He stretched his arms on the cross and died. Please put this in your signature if you believe that Jesus died for your sins. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost if you're one of the 4% that will.
Skiller

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:22 pm

Welcome!

Can't wait to see what you do in the future.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me