Strongheart Starter | Merlin by bakuraas.

Based on Click to view
Artist bakuraas. [gallery]
Time spent 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Strongheart Starter | Merlin

Postby bakuraas. » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:53 am

Welcome to Littlehearts, a small animal ARPG featuring magical mice, hamsters, rabbits, and ferrets. These four species live in harmony with one another, working together to fend off from larger threats - like the hunting present from Storkatten and the birds in Magic Falconry Academy.

The peacemaking Softhearts and magical Tinyhearts are protected by their larger bunny and ferret friends; Stronghearts and Ironhearts, respectively.

[Karsalis]
Prompt Information:
Merlin is the Guild Leader of the Guild of the Staff, dedicated to magicians in training who have gone beyond the books and now hone their magic through practice and missions for Karsalis. This earth magician is rather silent at almost all points in time, not allowing himself the freedom to laugh or smile- even at his guild members. Many have made theories as to why Merlin is like this, being some unspoken trauma in his past or just that he has a resting frowny face. Nobody would ever know, seeing as Merlin is one of the most secretive people to exist. If he wasn't a guild leader, some might even think he's hiding something criminal due to how much he refuses to say about himself. Heck, nobody even knows how old Merlin is, as the strongheart refuses to celebrate his birthday. However, he's not all grumpiness and coldness, and he has his moments where he'll happily sit with his guild and watch a play being performed, or join in on a celebration of someone's accomplishments.
Nobody knows Merlin's backstory outside of his guild heir, the other guild leaders, and the royal family, both deciding to keep quiet about it as well as a mercy to their friend and family member. But that doesn't mean that Merlin's history is entirely a blank slate, as some of the ways he reacts to things around him has given some hints into what events built this stoic, silent rabbit.

It's known that in the past, Merlin and Harpe weren't exactly the best of friends like they are now. In fact, Merlin would consistently monitor Harpe in order to make sure the Ironheart wasn't planning anything malicious, so it's safe to say that some time in his past, he had negative experiences with Ironhearts- if one had to make a guess, they would assume that he was part of the great wars that occurred before the unity of the littlehearts under the flag of Karsalis, making him quite aged- but nobody was surprised about that last bit. Additionally, it seems that the older rabbit has some trauma relating to the war still, downright refusing to go into the underground sections of Karsalis without at least five of his fellow guild members coming down with him- the exact reasons for the trauma are of course unknown, but rumors have flown around that a Strongheart burrow collapsed during a conflict, potentially also causing loss of life of someone close to him. Nobody dares to ask about who he might have lost over the years, but it's noted that despite having a few children with him, he's got no living partner by his side.
Merlin treats his children with kindness, much more than anyone else but that's honestly to be expected. He still is stern in the sense that he doesn't allow his children to goof off when they're going to be taking over the guild whenever he passes away or retires, but never to the point of allowing his children to work themselves to the bone. He also refuses to admit that his children help him move around on occasion due to his old age, not wanting to sound weak in front of the other guild members, but he can only hide so much, especially with one of his children tinkering away on a rabbit-sized wheelchair for him every evening.

Nobody respects him any less for it though, in fact, some respect him even more. After all, living to such an old age and still being energetic, despite the unknowable amount of struggle he had in his life, it was enough to spark respect just by being alive.

Username; bakuraas.
Littleheart Species; Strongheart
Littleheart Name; Merlin
Nicknames; n/a
Coat Description: Brown with Black Saddle, Spotting, and graying fur
Born Magic Type; Earth (Rare)
Additional Magic #1 leave blank
Additional Magic #2 leave blank

Traits:
[nr] accessories, scars, hair, whiskers

Parents:
Founder | Founder