Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Styxians | A Private Horse Species by bakuraas.

Based on Click to view
Artist bakuraas. [gallery]
Time spent 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
34 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Styxians | A Private Horse Species

Postby bakuraas. » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:33 pm

Styxians
An Invite-Only Setting-Versatile Species

Styxians are a breed of demonic horses spawned from the underworld. They are said to have been created when lost souls fall into the Styx, their souls being captured by the waters and contained in the shell of a horse. These horses are commonly summoned to the overworld in order to do the bidding of powerful magicians, however, it is still considered a foolish task to do so as these creatures are extremely opposed to being bossed around. Due to the nature of their abilities, they are found everywhere, even in dimensions far from their own.

Even the weakest Styxians have a form of magic, which can cause changes in their physical form and come from the soul they harbor. All Styxians of a particular class will have access to all magics within their class or weaker classes, and lean towards helping magicians who use magic that is in their class bracket.

Styxians stand at approximately 6 feet tall, or 19 Hands as an average, but can be taller or shorter. Weight is often not measure with Styxians, as the weight of their sludge is ever-changing.

----------------------------------------------------------

Magic and Rarities

Human-Soul
The most common soul type, and the weakest. They are often sent up to magicians that are seen as weak enough to not even be worth a Styxian's time as a sort of prank. They expect a powerful demon, they get a strange horse with weak magics instead.
--
Sludge Colors; Blue, Purple, Green
Possible Magics; Agriculture, Storytelling, Earth, Water, Air, Fire (Human Abilities + Elemental)
Unlocked Traits; Mane Edits, Horse-Tail Edits, Eye style edit, Fangs, Standard Wings, No Wings, Standard Horn, No Horn

-------------------------

Monster-Soul
Uncommon souls that make up any kind of magic. Anything from a humanoid demon to a hydra belongs in this category of souls. They have magic that would make any mortal magician fear for their life, particularly due to their abilities to pick apart the psyche of another creature with ease.
--
Sludge Colors; Red, Orange, Brown, Yellow
Possible Magics; Love, Joy, Disgust, Sorrow, Anger, Fear(Emotion-Based Magics)
Unlocked Traits; Ear edit, Non-Horse Tail Edits, Scales, Non-Standard Horns (2 max), Fur edits, Insect-Shaped Wings, Feather Growths, Spikes, Facial Structure Edits, Any Human-Soul Traits

Demigod-Soul
Rare souls that are part god, something very strange but very popular among other Styxians. They're able to handle concepts far beyond most others' comprehension, and typically choose the magicians they help after extreme amounts of judgement. Those who gain the companionship of a Demigod-Souled Styxian is a force to be reckoned with.
--
Sludge Colors; Any Metallic Color
Possible Magics; Solar, Lunar, Astral, Storm/Weather, Light, Shadow (Mostly Non-Tangible Concepts)
Unlocked Traits; Feather-Shaped Wings, One Halo, Glowing, Elemental Aspects, Multiple Eye sets, Multiple Ear Sets, Plant Growth, Any Human/Monster Soul Traits

God-Soul
They, technically, shouldn't exist- gods don't typically die, much less find themselves in the styx. However, they are certainly here, and certainly hard to understand, even by other Styxians.
--
Sludge Color; Black, Gray with colored Flecks of any kind
Possible Magics; Time, Space, Creation, Destruction, Reality (Abstract Concepts)
Unlocked Traits; Multiple Wings, Multiple Halos, Non-Equine feet (paws, lizard claws), Genesplicing, Extra Limbs, Extra Heads, Tailmouth, Headless, All Other Soul Traits

Mutation Traits
Peter-Pan Syndrome, Albinism, Melanism, Chimerism, Full-Furred, Full-Sludged, Duo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Peter-Pan Syndrome: This Styxian will never grow up, and will permanently be a foal.
*Albinism: This Styxian is Albino, they are primarily white with one pastel accent color fitting their class color.
*Melanism: This Styxian is Melanistic, they are primarily black with one dark accent color fitting their class color.
*Chimerism: This Styxian is Chimeristic, they look like two pelts patched together!
*Full-Furred: This Styxian has no sludge! Almost like a real horse ... With some differences.
*Full-Sludged: This Styxian has no fur! Kind of unnerving...
*Duo: This Styxian has a friend for life! Both Styxian twins count as one character.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups