Storkatten #1147 by NaCl

Based on Click to view
Artist NaCl [gallery]
Time spent 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Storkatten #1147

Postby NaCl » Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:40 pm

Storkatten, often shortened to Storkies, are a magical breed of fantasy felines. Descended from Freya's own mythical mounts, Storkies are chock-full of magic and potential. They're quite powerful and loyal companions. While some may choose to live in colonies out in the wild, others may choose the companionship of humans. Many Storkies also possess magical abilities, though require the usage of runes to unlock them.

to enter for this cat, answer this question:
      What is their most important memory?
      this ends in 1 week at 11:59 EST February 19th

only for the owner of this storkie:
      Code: Select all
      [b]Username;[/b]
      [b]Storkie Name;[/b]
      [b]Nicknames;[/b] (optional)
      [b]Coat Description:[/b]
      [b]Gender:[/b] M/F/Custom
      [b]Born Magic Type;[/b] Poison [Alt]
      [b]Additional Magic #1[/b] leave blank
      [b]Additional Magic #2[/b] #2; leave blank

[b]Traits:[/b]
      [list][b][NR][/b] custom lined, eye shape edit, expression edit, hair, unnatural colour, scars
      [b][LIM][/b] alternate magic colour, longer fur, kinked tail, coat type alteration (kinked), fangs, dark sclera, ear tufts[/list]

[b]Parents:[/b]
      Founder | Founder

[b]Children:[/b]
      -- [url]Partner[/url]
      -- [url]Child1[/url]
      -- [url]Child2[/url]
      -- [url]Child3[/url]
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Storkatten #1147

Postby LittleMaple » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:06 am

"Memories..?" Contagion thought to itself. It couldn't... recall many memories. Everything seemed blurry, hidden by a thin veil that it just couldn't seem to push past. It sat, obviously displeased and filled with discontent. It had never had the best of luck with its memories, but now... it couldn't remember almost anything. It sat down, its long tail curling around its paws. It tried it's best to remember something, anything. Its head started to hurt with the amount of focus they were using. Then, with no warning, it passes out. Flopping limply to the ground, it loses all sense of consciousness. It wakes up in a dreamlike state, confused at first, before it strikes it. This... this is a memory! I remembered something! Oh gods, I cant wait to see what it is! Contagion thinks to itself with excitement. It bounds forward, coming to a halt and backpedaling a little once it spots two cats speaking. Once of them is small, a kitten, it presumes. The kit seems scared, upset, and distressed. The other cat is clearly an adult, and looks furious. Contagion realizes that this isnt just a conversation, the two are arguing, the kit crying. It carefully crawls forward, hiding behind a rock as to not be spotted. Finally, it can hear the argument. "You're so useless! Gods, I wish you were never born!" The adult storkie yells in anger. It's not my fault! You refuse to teach me how to use my magic, it isn't my fault he got hurt!" The kit retorts. The larger storkie's face scrunched up in hatred. The kit looks at them defiently, and it's as if the older's patience snaps. They raise their paw, claws outstretched, and take them down the nose of the smaller. The kit stumbles back in surprise, shock and betrayal painted plainly on their face. "You... you attacked me! I'm your child! I can't believe you, I've had enough of this! You've never cared for me, and you never will! I hope you rot, mother!! The kit exclaims, tears streaming down their face. Contagion's scar on its face starts to burn, and it finally hits it. That kit is it. Which means... the one who attacked them was Congaion's mother. For years, it had wondered desperately about what family it had. Could it have repressed the memories of them because it was too painful to remember? Its brain is swimming, and its breath hitching as sobs starts crawling up its throat. It barely manages to choke out a cry, before coming to. Its head is in an indescribable amount of pain, but it strikes Contagion. It remembers that argument. Contagion had just been learning its magic, practicing with its brother. A mistake had been made and... Contagion's magic was stronger that it had known. It had burned through its brother's paw, leaving him permanently crippled. Its mother was furious, and berated them, which... was when Contagion entered its memory. It couldn't believe it... its first time using its magic and it had hurt someone, it's own brother, even! And... that's why it couldn't remember its family. It had run away, abandoning its family that couldn't care for it less. Contagion was heartbroken, but in a way, it was glad that it knew now. At least it could try and build itself anew, with this newfound revelation. Maybe it could even find its brother, and make up for that mistake all those years ago?
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hi hello howdy wazzup!!!
I'm Maple!
Mostly here for art/adopts!
Comms/art trades? closed :3

Adopts<3 wrote:ImageImage
LittleMaple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NaCl » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:42 pm

bump! ends in 2 days :)
My Storkies
Storkverse Storage
My Wermz My Snoods

my name is Winter
My pronouns are She/They/Snow
I am currently a staff member for Storkies
feel free to contact me here or on discord with any questions
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToraOkami303 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:17 pm

Venom cuddles into Toxicant thinking about the question for a long moment before murmuring "My most important memory is the day I met Toxicant, we were being kept in different buildings for most of our lives but by chance were both brought to the same meeting and met. Toxicant is the most important thing in my life so meeting him is the most important memory I could possibly. have." They smile softly snuggling their partner happily.
Identity Soup, Genderfluid. My Toyhouse.
Token Design Shop || C$ Design Shop || 100 Gen Challenge || Gacha Doodles || 5c$ Gacha Beans
---
Artist For: Magic Falconry Academy || Galactipups
---
Trackers: All Storkverse | Storkies | MFA | Littlehearts | Vargs | Fairytales
---
Moonlight is Grazing
---
Please be patient with me on Oekaki. My tablet only half gets along with it so I tend to use both mouse and tablet now.
ToraOkami303

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby krazykitty00 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:43 pm

"I've always liked flowers..." The storkie spoke slowly and softly as if trying the words he said would break you. Or the world. "They're pretty... fragile yet strong despite the many paws that run through them.. and if they were to break, they always come back just as beautiful. Resilient.. yea. That's the word." For a moment, you see a smile cross his face as he stroked a petal that sat by his paw.

"I remember when I finally got to touch one. I was never allowed to before... Everyone avoided me. Things around me didn't often survived. I wasn't able to control my magic and so I was.. just a walking monster.. I was scolded for doing anything. But flowers.. they never ran away from me. I-I know- they don't truly move.. but most things find a way when it comes to avoidance." He pouted slightly at the thought before his face fell into a frown. "But I was banned from approaching. Of course, I was young and curious.. My magic was untamed and the flowers suffered for my disobedience. The scolding I endured that time was nothing in comparison to the sight of the lack of color that come from the flowers' destruction."

Finally, the storkie turned his head to you, a proud look in his eyes as he continued. "I've been through the wringer.. I've fought in many battles and arrived victorious in many things. But no memory beats that day. Recovering from what I believed to be my last battle, I lie beside a gorgeous yellow flower and reached out to touch it. I expected it to perish with me. Instead, it's amazing softness greeted me like softest of bird feathers. I-It's quite embarrassing.. but I had truly never felt anything so soft! I was so fascinated, so delighted that I just wished to touch it forever! I was stronger and wiser by then- I knew how to control my magic. I could touch it forever if I so wanted! I guess that small desire was what kept me alive. Wishing to be with that flower forever let me heal. And allowed me to seek a freedom that would allow me to be with as many flowers as I'd like."

The storkie falls silent for a while, green eyes slipping close as he smiles fondly. Then he jolts, suddenly remembering your presence beside them and quickly clears his throat. "D-Don't tell anyone alright? The last thing I need is everyone bringing me flowers... ah.. wait. That doesn't sound half bad actually....."
krazykitty00

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NaCl » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:12 pm

krazykitty00 wrote:"I've always liked flowers..." The storkie spoke slowly and softly as if trying the words he said would break you. Or the world. "They're pretty... fragile yet strong despite the many paws that run through them.. and if they were to break, they always come back just as beautiful. Resilient.. yea. That's the word." For a moment, you see a smile cross his face as he stroked a petal that sat by his paw.

"I remember when I finally got to touch one. I was never allowed to before... Everyone avoided me. Things around me didn't often survived. I wasn't able to control my magic and so I was.. just a walking monster.. I was scolded for doing anything. But flowers.. they never ran away from me. I-I know- they don't truly move.. but most things find a way when it comes to avoidance." He pouted slightly at the thought before his face fell into a frown. "But I was banned from approaching. Of course, I was young and curious.. My magic was untamed and the flowers suffered for my disobedience. The scolding I endured that time was nothing in comparison to the sight of the lack of color that come from the flowers' destruction."

Finally, the storkie turned his head to you, a proud look in his eyes as he continued. "I've been through the wringer.. I've fought in many battles and arrived victorious in many things. But no memory beats that day. Recovering from what I believed to be my last battle, I lie beside a gorgeous yellow flower and reached out to touch it. I expected it to perish with me. Instead, it's amazing softness greeted me like softest of bird feathers. I-It's quite embarrassing.. but I had truly never felt anything so soft! I was so fascinated, so delighted that I just wished to touch it forever! I was stronger and wiser by then- I knew how to control my magic. I could touch it forever if I so wanted! I guess that small desire was what kept me alive. Wishing to be with that flower forever let me heal. And allowed me to seek a freedom that would allow me to be with as many flowers as I'd like."

The storkie falls silent for a while, green eyes slipping close as he smiles fondly. Then he jolts, suddenly remembering your presence beside them and quickly clears his throat. "D-Don't tell anyone alright? The last thing I need is everyone bringing me flowers... ah.. wait. That doesn't sound half bad actually....."

Winner!
My Storkies
Storkverse Storage
My Wermz My Snoods

my name is Winter
My pronouns are She/They/Snow
I am currently a staff member for Storkies
feel free to contact me here or on discord with any questions
NaCl

My pets
My items
My wishlist