Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

first mouse drawing also i'm stressed by gardog

Artist gardog [gallery]
Time spent 24 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

first mouse drawing also i'm stressed

Postby gardog » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:58 pm

Don't mind me, just gonna vent a bit and stress cry

I've only been using this computer for a few months but yesterday, literally out of nowhere, the trackpad/touchpad stopped working... and it has not started working again since asdfghjklsadhsaaaAAAAAAAAAAA

Yesterday, I was using my tablet to maneuver my computer, which is something you shouldn't have to do. Ever. The trackpad exists for a reason and, for whatever reason, my trackpad decided to uninstall itself while I was drawing. I'm not kidding. I really wish I was kidding.

For those of you who don't know, I hate change. I despise it with a passion. My body starts doing this thing where it physically feels like it's shutting down whenever a change happens to me that I am not given time to process and/or prepare my brain for.

So I've been a mess of panic attacks all throughout last night and today because I keep trying to use my trackpad and I panic all over again when I rediscover that it still doesn't work.

Worst part? I don't know what happened. I don't know why it happened. I don't know how to fix it. I tried to look up ways to fix it but my computer is apparently so new that 1) the fixes that the support website suggests don't even apply to my keyboard and 2) the driver that I would need to reinstall in order for my trackpad to start working again doesn't exist as a downloadable thing on the website because it's "already on the computer and updates on its own"... thank you, Dell, that is SO VERY HELPFUL.

So, enjoy my first ever mouse drawing (on Oekaki) 'cause I wanted to try it out (side note: I have mad respect for mouse artists now, holy mother of GOD) and I was lucky that my dad had an extra wireless mouse just sitting in his work bag... my drawing pad still works, but I didn't want to take it out (though I was horribly tempted, good Lord, this was hard to draw).

Imma go take a bath now and hope that helps my anxiety if even a little bit... 'cause my medication is trying its best, but it's just not quite hitting the mark

If you read this thing, thank you. If you didn't read it, thank you for dropping by anyway. I'm not very good at showing appreciation for things, but I really appreciate everyone who checks out my art and finds it interesting enough to follow.

Feel free to drop suggestions for fixes below, if you want, 'cause I'm really at a loss.

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5510 with Windows 11 Home
It is a precision touchpad
My laptop is up to date
Yes, I tried restarting
I do not wish to do a hard reset, but if anyone knows how to get to a list of earlier versions I could go back to on my computer, please let me know... 'cause I remember all of my Windows 7 computers having that and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get it on Windows 11, if it is even possible anymore
Thank you

She/They | Adult | Christian
Aries | March 27

Bisexual | INTJ | Ravenclaw
Sings And Plays Guitar

Digital Artist
Oekaki Art Shop | Offsite Art Shop

Loves Pandas | Legally Blind
Has Social Anxiety | Has Anxiety In General

Timezone EST/EDT

gardog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: first mouse drawing also i'm stressed

Postby Zentropy » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:00 am

I'm so sorry Gardog! I hope your bath helped you if only a little bit <3

One thing that came to mind was the trackpad possibly getting disabled because of the tablet being attached. I've had that happen to me on my Dell and it took a bit of digging but I was able to find how to enable the trackpad again. (here is a link to a help article I found on the topic) It also leads to a way to specifically run a diagnostic test on a specific component, which may help force the driver download without a hard reset.

If that isn't the problem, then I'm not sure :(
Call me Zen! Image

ImageImageImage
Image-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage Image Image
Zentropy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiller » Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:52 am

I'm sorry to hear that you're not doing well. I hope things get better soon! Take a deep breath or two, and remember that tough times will pass.
You will be in my prayers. <3
I'm mostly on here for the art, but feel free to message me about anything ^^
✞ I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replied, "This much." He stretched his arms on the cross and died. Please put this in your signature if you believe that Jesus died for your sins. 96% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost if you're one of the 4% that will.
Skiller

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tuxedo Mask » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:57 pm

Big virtual hugs . You know where I am if y’all’s wanna talk . I hope the bath helped a little with your anxiety and you’ve got tbjs your stronger than you know
Tuxedo Mask

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me