Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here.

Binis Kaba | for captain dude by Kayara

Artist Kayara [gallery]
Time spent 23 hours, 21 minutes
Drawing sessions 46
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Binis Kaba | for captain dude

Postby Kayara » Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:03 am

At long last, here he is.

I pulled an all-nighter because ain't NO WAY this is going into next year, oh my goodness gracious. By the time I've finished writing this out tho, maybe it'll be new years day on CS at least; I have a whole other day ahead of me before the 1st of 2023
Happy New Year everyone <3

cap, dude, captain dude. Thank you so much for your patience and the advice and support you've given me, it means a lot.🙏I really wish I could've gotten this done for you way sooner but I'll make sure it never has to happen again. I'm so sorry about the huge wait.

Over the course of the eight months I've worked on it between the six other commissions, this drawing has taught me a lot simply because it went through all the stages and changes I went through during that time. Which is why I would never recommend this because your art style changes in seven different ways, and stuff starts to look wonky and you begin to question if you should just start over - I just want to say even through the struggle and stress (not so much with the drawing itself but the process having to be put along side my crazy schedule this year) I don't regret it and I enjoyed finishing it. Sad and also very happy to set it free and let it go. :>

I really hope you like it and do let me know if you want anything changed,
- Kayara <3
Last edited by Kayara on Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I’m Kay, and I’m fascinated with animals. If you can swallow pills, you're cooler than me. When I lurk, it's to chat with my friend or perhaps contribute to the oekaki boards ;]
other: pentecostal/apostolic, she/her|introvert/INFP-T|❤️❤️💖|TH|Art shop|pic credit
ImageImageImage
Kayara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Binis Kaba | for captaindude

Postby Electronia » Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:06 am

This is so realistic, oh my gosh, and the outfit looks so cool! ✨
Kyron - College Student - Adult
Slower replies - PMs set to friends only

God Bless
My best friend.
Electronia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Binis Kaba | for captaindude

Postby Kayara » Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:10 am

Electronia wrote:
This is so realistic, oh my gosh, and the outfit looks so cool! ✨

Thank you Nia ;---; I appreciate that
Lol I was like, wHO- who is reacting this quickly-
I’m Kay, and I’m fascinated with animals. If you can swallow pills, you're cooler than me. When I lurk, it's to chat with my friend or perhaps contribute to the oekaki boards ;]
other: pentecostal/apostolic, she/her|introvert/INFP-T|❤️❤️💖|TH|Art shop|pic credit
ImageImageImage
Kayara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Binis Kaba | for captain dude

Postby captain dude » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:49 am

Oh… oh my gosh. I really don’t know how to thank you. I honestly don’t know that I can properly thank you! Kay, I just showed it, in person, to the recipient, Cyan, and he teared up. Cyan’s been my best friend for the past year and a half now, and this has been one of the art pieces he’s wanted for YEARS now, since he ever came up with the character. Binis has been his favorite of his D&D characters by far and this…This has been his EXACT vision for a while and you are the first of many who have tried to succeed in bringing his exact vision to life, exactly how he had pictured it. We’re planning to get it printed off at one of those print shops and framed! I seriously don’t know how to thank you well enough. This is well worth the wait and wow… just wow. I’m still in awe. The posing is fantastic! You got the outfit and his markings and face just PERFECT… even the fact that you remembered the freakin’ ring!!! It’s INCREDIBLE!!!… I’m honestly just as speechless as he is. Thank you once again!!
captain dude

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Binis Kaba | for captain dude

Postby Kayara » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:40 am

captain dude wrote:Oh… oh my gosh. I really don’t know how to thank you. I honestly don’t know that I can properly thank you! Kay, I just showed it, in person, to the recipient, Cyan, and he teared up. Cyan’s been my best friend for the past year and a half now, and this has been one of the art pieces he’s wanted for YEARS now, since he ever came up with the character. Binis has been his favorite of his D&D characters by far and this…This has been his EXACT vision for a while and you are the first of many who have tried to succeed in bringing his exact vision to life, exactly how he had pictured it. We’re planning to get it printed off at one of those print shops and framed! I seriously don’t know how to thank you well enough. This is well worth the wait and wow… just wow. I’m still in awe. The posing is fantastic! You got the outfit and his markings and face just PERFECT… even the fact that you remembered the freakin’ ring!!! It’s INCREDIBLE!!!… I’m honestly just as speechless as he is. Thank you once again!!

Wow, that is so special. I’m happy to have been apart of this and I’m super happy for you guys, that’s awesome. Y’all are getting it framed - honestly surreal to me. In that case absolutely let me know if you want a different background color, I could change just the color really easily if either of you have something else in mind to make it 100% worth the expense. You’re so very welcome and thank you <33
ImageImageImage
Kayara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me